ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 preseason media poll

If you look past the final scores, you’ll realize this comment is off base.
I mean, this is like saying a girl or guy has a great personality when you are trying to set up one of your friends.

The teams that destroyed Iowa last season STILL played more conservative on offense because the game was over before it started and they still beat the shit out of your team and that lame ass defense.

Two questions. One, what makes the turf bad? 2. What evidence do you have that people will quit showing up?

And not sure I agree. Purdue was crap last year because Brohm was terrible at recruiting and left a complete rebuild. His only recruiting success was people that had connections to Purdue or him. Brohm wins 4 games with last years team. You claim Purdue is done now, so 3 questions. Why can’t Walter’s win? He’s done more good than bad so far.

WOW, we have come a long way from 1 me asking why Purdue is likely to lose 11 straight to get some substance behind that claim.
You guys are going back to Danny Hope and Hazel? Was that his name?

No more weak as division to play in each season...

You guys are going back to Danny Hope and Hazel? Was that his name?

No more weak as division to play in each season...
What’s Hope and Hazel have to do with anything? They aren’t at all related to the present day. Literall nothing is the same. Once Purdue university president changed and supported sports vs took money from athletics, things changed. For the better. Not sure what weak division has to do with anything. But same is true for Nebraska.

You going to provide some data for these claims you made or just say Purdue is bad at football? Even though they’ve been better than Nebraska for the better part of the last 5 ish years. 8 years and counting without a bowl? Why is Walter’s a bad coach?

What’s Hope and Hazel have to do with anything? They aren’t at all related to the present day. Literall nothing is the same. Once Purdue university president changed and supported sports vs took money from athletics, things changed. For the better. Not sure what weak division has to do with anything. But same is true for Nebraska.

You going to provide some data for these claims you made or just say Purdue is bad at football? Even though they’ve been better than Nebraska for the better part of the last 5 ish years. 8 years and counting without a bowl? Why is Walter’s a bad coach?
For starters, he lost to Nebraska last year. And as you point out, Purdue is better than Nebraska the last 5 years, and yet, he still lost.

That’s pretty damning evidence.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
For starters, he lost to Nebraska last year. And as you point out, Purdue is better than Nebraska the last 5 years, and yet, he still lost.

Why? Do only bad coaches lose to NU?

We can’t beat good coaches?

Bit of a self own here, Timbo

Why? Do only bad coaches lose to NU?

We can’t beat good coaches?

Bit of a self own here, Timbo
Thanks for waiting for me to post. you’ve had plenty of opportunities to respond to any post in this thread, but within 5 minutes of my post you single me out.

Am I on your watch list or something?

Thanks for waiting for me to post. you’ve had plenty of opportunities to respond to any post in this thread, but within 5 minutes of my post you single me out.

Am I on your watch list or something?
Nope.

Care to answer my question?

Why does every coach Rhule beats have to be bad? I thought he was a good coach? Can he not beat good coaches?

Nope.

Care to answer my question?

Why does every coach Rhule beats have to be bad? I thought he was a good coach? Can he not beat good coaches?
Are you 6 years old and not able to understand simple logic?

Boiler claims Purdue has been better than Nebraska, and claims his first year coach is better than the previous coach at Purdue. And yet the first year coach couldn’t beat Nebraska’s first year coach, even though Purdue has been better.

It really isn’t rocket science. I assumed you understood football better. Now I’m beginning to wonder.

Are you 6 years old and not able to understand simple logic?

Boiler claims Purdue has been better than Nebraska, and claims his first year coach is better than the previous coach at Purdue. And yet the first year coach couldn’t beat Nebraska’s first year coach, even though Purdue has been better.

It really isn’t rocket science. I assumed you understood football better. Now I’m beginning to wonder.
I think the issue here is I do understand logic, and the logic you’re attempting to use isn’t quite making the point you’re trying to.

Losing to Nebraska isn’t “damning evidence” that he’s a bad coach. At least I hope it’s not.

Sorry, Tim. Always next time.

I think the issue here is I do understand logic, and the logic you’re attempting to use isn’t quite making the point you’re trying to.

Losing to Nebraska isn’t “damning evidence” that he’s a bad coach. At least I hope it’s not.

Dnd Warrior GIF by Dungeons & Dragons

Walter's, in his career as a head coach, has never had a winning season. Ever.

I’m going to guess Nebraska had a much better roster last year. I think Purdue started their starting center at RT and Hudson couldn’t lift his arms above his shoulders that game. Might have been starting a WR at DB as well. Full rebuild for Walter’s.

Walter's, in his career as a head coach, has never had a winning season. Ever.
Purdue game was probably our best last year

Too bad satt ran our best player into the ground for no reason during it and we couldn’t use it to keep our momentum rolling

Help me understand. If he’s a good coach, why wasn’t he able to take advantage of the gifts we gave Purdue? We turned it over 4 times. Other teams we played took advantage of our turnovers. I’m not saying anything about Rhule, you made that assumption yourself. I’m talking about all of the gifts in game that Michigan state, Wisconsin and Iowa used to their advantage. Why didn’t Purdue?

Our opponents knew all they had to do was wait for Nebraska to self destruct. And time and again, that’s what happened. But not Purdue’s coach…

We sucked enough last year that we failed to go bowling yet again. But we beat Purdue.

But good for you. Boiler asked what made Walters a bad coach, I mentioned that he lost to a Nebraska team that the previous coach had no trouble beating.

And you managed to start a pissing war with me like always. So consider this my last post explaining my position to you. Go ahead and respond if you’d like, I’ve been clear enough. No need to say anymore to you.

Purdue game was probably our best last year

Too bad satt ran our best player into the ground for no reason during it and we couldn’t use it to keep our momentum rolling
I was at that game...we left a littler early to go hit the bars and from leaving the game to getting to the bars...PU scored like twice, I think Sims fumbled for a TD?

Reactions: timnsun
Help me understand. If he’s a good coach, why wasn’t he able to take advantage of the gifts we gave Purdue? We turned it over 4 times. Other teams we played took advantage of our turnovers. I’m not saying anything about Rhule, you made that assumption yourself. I’m talking about all of the gifts in game that Michigan state, Wisconsin and Iowa used to their advantage. Why didn’t Purdue?

Our opponents knew all they had to do was wait for Nebraska to self destruct. And time and again, that’s what happened. But not Purdue’s coach…

We sucked enough last year that we failed to go bowling yet again. But we beat Purdue.

But good for you. Boiler asked what made Walters a bad coach, I mentioned that he lost to a Nebraska team that the previous coach had no trouble beating.

And you managed to start a pissing war with me like always. So consider this my last post explaining my position to you. Go ahead and respond if you’d like, I’ve been clear enough. No need to say anymore to you.
They scored their only points off turnovers

It’s okay to not understand. It seems to be your default setting.

Then you lash out when people try to help you be a better poster instead of reflecting and improving.

We played our best game of the season against Purdue. We had all our guys, including our QB who made the offense go. He hit a beauty and we got a big special teams play. We did not suck during that game like we did all of November.

You provided a horrible example that goes against all the “full rebuild”, “year zero” rhetoric that is used conveniently when we lose while at the same time undermining our staff and program by saying only bad teams lose to us.

Set your emotions aside and read what I’m typing with an ounce of objectivity and perhaps the light will come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT