ADVERTISEMENT

off topic thread, biggest nonspecific football guy?

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
which one of you here is the biggest nonspecific football fan?

like who watches the most games regardless of who is playing?

i know it's not me, i don't think I watched an entire game all of last season.

for one, i don't have cable, so i watch pirated streams (allegedly), and for some reason nebraska games always get blacked out for those, it's really annoying. also, i don't generally enjoy watching others, if anything i want to do it, otherwise i am not that interested. additionally, there are too many transfers of coaches and players, the lack of loyalty deteriorates my interest.

anyway, which one of you guys enjoys watching most?

I usually watch 2-4 college games a week other than Nebraska. Probably watch 1-3 NFL games each week. Love watching football, if time permitted I probably watch more.

Reactions: Jaemekon
I usually watch 2-4 college games a week other than Nebraska. Probably watch 1-3 NFL games each week. Love watching football, if time permitted I probably watch more.

i used to watch the nfl when i was in like middle school and younger. i used to watch college football when i had cable. i considered getting cable last season, but i assumed at best we would have a 7 win season, wasn't worth it in my mind.

Reactions: V-Doub
which one of you here is the biggest nonspecific football fan?

like who watches the most games regardless of who is playing?

i know it's not me, i don't think I watched an entire game all of last season.

for one, i don't have cable, so i watch pirated streams (allegedly), and for some reason nebraska games always get blacked out for those, it's really annoying. also, i don't generally enjoy watching others, if anything i want to do it, otherwise i am not that interested. additionally, there are too many transfers of coaches and players, the lack of loyalty deteriorates my interest.

anyway, which one of you guys enjoys watching most?
I guess I’m fairly non-specific now. I’ll watch pretty much any team, not saying I’ll watch the whole game, depends how it goes, I guess.

I grew up a Redskins fan because I liked Joe Theismann and loved John Riggins play.

I watched San Fran because I was stationed near the bay from 94-98. Also, I loved Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Tom Rathman and Roger Craig.
When I was stationed in Germany, a good buddy got me into Green Bay with Favre. And they had some Husker players too.
Since then, I’ve watched games because of certain Husker players, not the team.
Since I don’t have a team, I watch just to satisfy my football fix.

• Love
I guess I’m fairly non-specific now. I’ll watch pretty much any team, not saying I’ll watch the whole game, depends how it goes, I guess.

I grew up a Redskins fan because I liked Joe Theismann and loved John Riggins play.

I watched San Fran because I was stationed near the bay from 94-98. Also, I loved Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Tom Rathman and Roger Craig.
When I was stationed in Germany, a good buddy got me into Green Bay with Favre. And they had some Husker players too.
Since then, I’ve watched games because of certain Husker players, not the team.
Since I don’t have a team, I watch just to satisfy my football fix.

I'm eagerly awaiting NCAA '25, hopefully that will satiate my hunger.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
probably @king_kong_

i watch a ton of college, loved the FCS season this year even. NFL bores me to tears though. CFB saturday is like Christmas, NFL Sunday is like New Years. sure, i'll talk myself into getting excited about it, but its always a bit of a letdown

Reactions: zrob and Jaemekon
I’ll watch college football all day, any day (hate the NFL). Doesn’t matter if it’s Michigan/Ohio State or Slippery Rock State vs Idaho.

It used to be that when Nebraska lost, it would wreck the day and I wouldn’t want to watch any more games. Unfortunately, the Frost era cured me of that; now I can watch the rest of the games no matter what happens with us.

I only watch the Huskers in the hope I can see them win-Assuming I can handle the stress-and other teams that I want to see lose.

probably @king_kong_

i watch a ton of college, loved the FCS season this year even. NFL bores me to tears though. CFB saturday is like Christmas, NFL Sunday is like New Years. sure, i'll talk myself into getting excited about it, but its always a bit of a letdown

my excitement was crushed with nebraska's move to the big ten, football hasn't been the same since for me.

like i said in a previous post, i haven't had any interest in the nfl for nearly 20 years now, but i understand that others still enjoy it, and that's fine.

I’ll watch college football all day, any day (hate the NFL). Doesn’t matter if it’s Michigan/Ohio State or Slippery Rock State vs Idaho.

It used to be that when Nebraska lost, it would wreck the day and I wouldn’t want to watch any more games. Unfortunately, the Frost era cured me of that; now I can watch the rest of the games no matter what happens with us.

i haven't had those feelings in a long time either. it is nice to be free of caring.

commercials also ruin the experience.

Reactions: Frozone
my excitement was crushed with nebraska's move to the big ten, football hasn't been the same since for me.

like i said in a previous post, i haven't had any interest in the nfl for nearly 20 years now, but i understand that others still enjoy it, and that's fine.
my excitement was crushed 11/23/01. we are not the same

I love Saturday for CFB and watch it all day long. Generally, bounce around and check in on a lot of different games, but never a game in its entirety unless it is the Huskers. I mostly gravitated to the B1G games as I am more familiar with the names (same for BB, so a lot of the B1G network) but have recently re-discovered SEC and ACC networks, so I think I will watch those conferences more often going forward. I am old and fall asleep early, so unfortunately I don't catch a lot of west coast games.

NFL bores me to tears.

I attend home football games for the local high school.

I am shocked, but pleasantly surprised, that Jae actually used "off topic" in the thread title. I hope he is OK because I kind of chuckled to myself thinking how many people would get irritated if he hadn't done that. Hope he is feeling OK!

• Love
I love Saturday for CFB and watch it all day long. Generally, bounce around and check in on a lot of different games, but never a game in its entirety unless it is the Huskers. I mostly gravitated to the B1G games as I am more familiar with the names (same for BB, so a lot of the B1G network) but have recently re-discovered SEC and ACC networks, so I think I will watch those conferences more often going forward. I am old and fall asleep early, so unfortunately I don't catch a lot of west coast games.

NFL bores me to tears.

I attend home football games for the local high school.

I am shocked, but pleasantly surprised, that Jae actually used "off topic" in the thread title. I hope he is OK because I kind of chuckled to myself thinking how many people would get irritated if he hadn't done that. Hope he is feeling OK!

I'm feeling extra considerate today.

although, i did smash my head on the counter last night/this morning (allegedly)...

Unless its a Husker game, I don't really watch any game all the way through anymore. Mostly I tab out and do other things while it plays. Late night Hawaii games are the exception.
If you're watching allegedly pirated streams that are being blacked out, you're doing it wrong buddy.

Last edited:

I'm similar in that I will watch college football on Saturday from 11 a.m. til after midnight. I have the type tv system where I'm able to watch about any game I want, so I take advantage of it.

I'm not a Thursday night viewer of a game between Virginia Tech and Boston College, for example. If its a totally meaningless game, I will pass. Every once in a while there's a Thursday night game worth watching, but not very often.

I will watch NU from start to finish (sigh) but I tend to watch a lot of SEC matchups.

I don't know, but I can probably come up with a pretty good list of people on here who clearly never watch any game other than Husker games 😂

I watch a lot of college football. I will watch MAC games during the week. Watch good Thursday night and Friday night college games. Watch several games on Saturday. Love that Youtube TV now shows 4 games at once on one channel. I will watch the Huskers or another game I want to focus on my bigger TV and on a medium size screen have the 4 games on one channel showing. On Sundays I will watch a team like the Chiefs a little bit but am more likely to be outside after Saturday watching college football. I prefer to watch the NFL stand-alone games in the evening than the ones during the day.

• Wow
Unless its a Husker game, I don't really watch any game all the way through anymore. Mostly I tab out and do other things while it plays. Late night Hawaii games are the exception.
If you're watching allegedly pirated streams that are being blacked out, you're doing it wrong buddy.

by pirated streams, i mean free on rando youtube search... so probably not pirated.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
40 years ago I watched every bowl game.

Then again there were only about 16 or so.

I've maybe watched as many games as anybody the last 40 years from NFL, CFB, USFL, XFL, CFL, the World League, etc.

Turner Gill playing for the Montreal Alouettes and Lawrence Phillips playing for the Barcelona Dragons.

Greatest sport ever.

Earl Campbell was untacklable. Dan Marino should have won 3 Super Bowls, and Calvin Johnson is still the biggest freak I've ever seen.

Warren Moon threw the best ball ever, and Kellen Winslow is still the best TE of all time.

In the end, Reggie White may have been the best player I've ever seen play. His film, since Jim Brown, is the very best of all

time.https://www.nfl.com/videos/reggie-white-career-highlights-nfl-legends

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT