ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest.

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
How many people thought Frost would be 8-13 almost two years in? None I would imagine. Nothing is promised in life or in sports, and that includes an alum who has had one winning season in his head coaching career. Hope i am wrong. But the fact that Oregon St, with a second year coach, currently has a better record than Neb and is on pace for a bowl game, is actually kind of funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: tpmcg
tenor.gif

Our middle linebacker looked great at times under Riley and last year. He is now a liability.

we have a coaching issue. There are no excuses on this. I believe our coach has mismanaged the players fragile expectations. I think he came in with an idea that he believed would work, since it worked everywhere else and it’s not working.
He needs to adjust. I think he’s losing this team. I’m not afraid to say it.

I want Frost to work but the guy gets beat consistently by crappy teams. Quit telling me that our players suck. They don’t. They are under coached and sometimes clueless but they don’t suck. They could be taught better. They would fight if they cared. They don’t care and they quit fighting as soon as they meet resistance.

that is on the staff.

our coach is being paid $5mm to learn how to coach. He better get it figured out because that will turn into a stress nobody wants, and probably already is

I thought that he would get to 7-8 wins quickly and then struggle to get over the hump. UCF looked like a well coached team and there is easily enough talent here now to get to 7-5 or 8-4.

Even in the 4-2 stretch last year, I would not say that this team looks well coached by any stretch of the imagination. That doesn't mean that the coaches suddenly lost their edge, but there are chemistry problems with this team and some coaching issues that got obscured by one year of success at UCF.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssmill777
How many people thought Frost would be 8-13 almost two years in? None I would imagine. Nothing is promised in life or in sports, and that includes an alum who has had one winning season in his head coaching career. Hope i am wrong. But the fact that Oregon St, with a second year coach, currently has a better record than Neb and is on pace for a bowl game, is actually kind of funny.

A struggle is no surprise to me. I correctly understood things going into this. Once Frost has all starters of his own recruits is when you will see things take a big jump forward on the field. The older guys never learned how to win and now it's too late for them.

The good news is there is only one more year of those guys being around and then it will be Frost's team.

These are Frost’s players. I hate the excuse of these aren’t his players. When you take a program over you agree that these guys are your players whether you recruited them or not. Do they fit his style? Maybe not. But they should be playing harder but they probably don’t feel cared for since Frost mentions how he needs guys to fit his offense. As Moos mentioned a good coach can win in year 2

A struggle is no surprise to me. I correctly understood things going into this. Once Frost has all starters of his own recruits is when you will see things take a big jump forward on the field. The older guys never learned how to win and now it's too late for them.

The good news is there is only one more year of those guys being around and then it will be Frost's team.

Nope. Frost isn’t recruiting at the level needed to overcome his and his staffs deficiencies as coaches.

The perplexing play calling will remain, little to no development will take place, and Chinander will continue to fall on his face im afraid.

The narrative that Frost can't win until he gets mostly all his own recruits in is fool's gold. Is there an element of this that can be true? Sure. But for you to think the switch just automatically goes on after next year and big winning starts then just because all the non-Frost recruits are gone is being naive.

Years ago Hayden Fry at Iowa, in his 3rd year there, had his team playing in the Rose Bowl after 19 consecutive losing seasons. The majority of the players playing for Iowa that year were Bob Commings recruits (the coach before Fry). In other words, it can be done. But there's a difference-- at that point Fry had been a major college football coach for close to 20 years. Frost is in his 4th year-- he's still just trying to figure out how to be a good HC versus winning lots.

Not even Frost envisioned this. And he’s a genius. He talked a huge game. Hopefully he’s been humbled a bit but I doubt it

Reactions: American Horse
Not even Frost envisioned this. And he’s a genius. He talked a huge game. Hopefully he’s been humbled a bit but I doubt it

Stop blaming only Frost for it. At minimum, the fans own a good chunk of it too. The fan base bought in hook, line, and sinker-- they DEMANDED Frost be brought in and they got their wish. Then once here, most fans had over-the-top unrealistic expectations. And you huskerbaseball, are as guilty as everyone else.

One reason you're pissed right now is because you believe the B1G West title should be Nebraska's right now-- this year. Yes, people who know this stuff far better than you do, like former Husker QB Steve Taylor, say this program is very void on talent currently. In other words, there was no chance NU was going to win it this year-- yet you thought they should.

Does Frost say all the right things in pressers? YES. DO his actions show changes of improvement in all phases? NO. That we agree on.

However, stop playing victim as a fan. You're acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get his favorite tricycle for Christmas and is throwing a tantrum.

If I were Frost, I’d start with my own persona. Take out the stupid, childish dip. Look into the camera and try to connect instead of looking down. Dress professionally, unless you can win like Bill Bilachek. If Frost worked in any other profession, he’d be fired on attitude alone.

The narrative that Frost can't win until he gets mostly all his own recruits in is fool's gold. Is there an element of this that can be true? Sure. But for you to think the switch just automatically goes on after next year and big winning starts then just because all the non-Frost recruits are gone is being naive.

Years ago Hayden Fry at Iowa, in his 3rd year there, had his team playing in the Rose Bowl after 19 consecutive losing seasons. The majority of the players playing for Iowa that year were Bob Commings recruits (the coach before Fry). In other words, it can be done. But there's a difference-- at that point Fry had been a major college football coach for close to 20 years. Frost is in his 4th year-- he's still just trying to figure out how to be a good HC versus winning lots.
uberism is a Frost apologist that truly thinks that what Frost inherited is as bad as what Barry Alvarez inherited when he got the Wisconsin job, and no about of proof otherwise will shake him of that belief (for example....Nebraska's last 9-win season before 2018 was 2016; Wisconsin's last 9-win season before Alvarez was 1901) I suspect that if Frost doesn't win next season, he will then say that the shape of the program when Frost got here was similar to Marshall after the plane crash (another poster came up with that).

Stop blaming only Frost for it. At minimum, the fans own a good chunk of it too. The fan base bought in hook, line, and sinker-- they DEMANDED Frost be brought in and they got their wish. Then once here, most fans had over-the-top unrealistic expectations. And you huskerbaseball, are as guilty as everyone else.

One reason you're pissed right now is because you believe the B1G West title should be Nebraska's right now-- this year. Yes, people who know this stuff far better than you do, like former Husker QB Steve Taylor, say this program is very void on talent currently. In other words, there was no chance NU was going to win it this year-- yet you thought they should.

Does Frost say all the right things in pressers? YES. DO his actions show changes of improvement in all phases? NO. That we agree on.

However, stop playing victim as a fan. You're acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get his favorite tricycle for Christmas and is throwing a tantrum.

Yawn. I wanted Frost. I expected 8 wins this year. There was nothing delusional about expecting 8 wins.

Iowa fans claim they are going to win the West every single year. Are you on your board lecturing them? I doubt it.

The fanbase is not at fault for Frost underperforming. The fanbase is not at fault that Frost didn’t make big boy decisions when hired to surround himself with a better staff.

If I were Frost, I’d start with my own persona. Take out the stupid, childish dip. Look into the camera and try to connect instead of looking down. Dress professionally, unless you can win like Bill Bilachek. If Frost worked in any other profession, he’d be fired on attitude alone.

Interesting you say this. Frost just sounds like a knucklehead often times-- and displays a personality like a rock. Not sure if that's just his coaching "schtick" or that's just how he is generally. Yes, Bellicheck is much like that but Frost and Bellicheck can't be talked about in the same sentence yet at this point.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Ding,ding, ding

I don’t disagree with your post at all. To be fair, fans unrealistic expectations were fueled by an overzealous Nebraska media, national media and a head coach that was saying all the right things. After listening to all these talking heads during the off season it was hard not to believe this team might actually be good.

Now that harsh reality has set in, fans are pissed and somehow feel betrayed. Many fans were gullible because we want desperately to return to the top.

So Frost can only coach “his” guys. Other coaches coach “other” guys all the time. They teach, inspire, and help them improve. It’s apparent Frost can’t do that with other guys...

...unless Frost is actually teaching and the team is being inspired by him? They have been cocky and made all kinds of bravado statements. Now after showing their ass to the world, they look weak, lost and defeated. So, I take back my earlier statement. Frost is actually coaching these kids.

Reactions: Vito Corleone
So Frost can only coach “his” guys. Other coaches coach “other” guys all the time. They teach, inspire, and help them improve. It’s apparent Frost can’t do that with other guys...

...unless Frost is actually teaching and the team is being inspired by him? They have been cocky and made all kinds of bravado statements. Now after showing their ass to the world, they look weak, lost and defeated. So, I take back my earlier statement. Frost is actually coaching these kids.
“I promise you, this is going to get better...” been hearing that for quite a while. Who owns it? In Nebraska, when was the last time you were more excited for football to end and hoops to begin?

Yawn. I wanted Frost. I expected 8 wins this year. There was nothing delusional about expecting 8 wins.

The fanbase is not at fault for Frost underperforming. The fanbase is not at fault that Frost didn’t make big boy decisions when hired to surround himself with a better staff.

As a fan you are getting exactly what you demanded as the coach (Frost). Comes with the territory.

Frost/Nebraska is under performing? Says who? Says you sitting on your couch eating potato chips? You "assumed" the talent was there to win the West this year-- bet you were even one of those who expected Nebraska to potentially beat Ohio State at home a month ago instead of realizing the game might be over after the first quarter-- which it basically was.

Go listen to Steve Taylor on a postgame and learn. Nebraska is 4-5 this season....they are what their record says they are. Low on talent, mixed in with some head scratching coaching decisions by Frost.

Do I think Frost is potentially NOT the savior Red Nation assumed he was? I totally believe he isn't the Savior and everyone will need to live with that-- and live with the fact the 1970s and 1980s and even 1990s aren't coming back. But again, you are just in tantrum mode as a fan.

As a fan you are getting exactly what you demanded as the coach (Frost). Comes with the territory.

Frost/Nebraska is under performing? Says who? Says you sitting on your couch eating potato chips? You "assumed" the talent was there to win the West this year-- bet you were even one of those who expected Nebraska to potentially beat Ohio State at home a month ago.

Go listen to Steve Taylor on a postgame and learn. Nebraska is 4-5 this season....they are what their record says they are. Low on talent, mixed in with some head scratching coaching decisions by Frost.

Do I think Frost is potentially NOT the savior Red Nation assumed he was? I totally believe he isn't that and everyone will need to live with that-- and live with the fact the 1970s and 1980s and even 1990s aren't coming back. But again, you are just in tantrum mode as a fan.
I agree, Steve was sounded pissed yesterday he got a little testy with a caller who claimed we have more talent, and Steve stopped him right there, he said caller we don’t have the talent. He also called out the play calling. So my question is did the roster pass the eye test to coach frost, you look at the roster and it does pass the eye test. But that’s it these guys haven’t preformed. And not making excuses but the juco recruits haven’t helped at all, no woodyard no bell just a little mike Williams, honas frankly hasn’t lived up to the top ranked juco linebacker. Lot of fans say hit the jucos for a quick fix, but man if I’m frost snake bit.

Reactions: frydaze
I don’t disagree with your post at all. To be fair, fans unrealistic expectations were fueled by an overzealous Nebraska media, national media and a head coach that was saying all the right things. After listening to all these talking heads during the off season it was hard not to believe this team might actually be good.

Now that harsh reality has set in, fans are pissed and somehow feel betrayed. Many fans were gullible because we want desperately to return to the top.

The most level headed post out there, period. Thank you.

Yes, not just the fans, but the national media, people even like Herbstreit, thought Frost walked on water-- they totally built the narrative. Very hard to not get caught up in all the hype. Hell, I even think Frost started believing he was a greater coach than he likely is.

You're spot on-- the fan base feel betrayed now. Very common way for them to feel after all this.

In my opinion, the fans here need to understand college football is a very different thing today from the 70s, 80s, and 90s when Nebraska dominated and that in all likelihood, Nebraska will never get back to that level of dominance-- not with Frost, not with anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrthusker

Frost/Nebraska is under performing? Says who? Says you sitting on your couch eating potato chips? You "assumed" the talent was there to win the West this year-- bet you were even one of those who expected Nebraska to potentially beat Ohio State at home a month ago instead of realizing the game might be over after the first quarter-- which it basically was.

Do I think Frost is potentially NOT the savior Red Nation assumed he was? I totally believe he isn't the Savior and everyone will need to live with that-- and live with the fact the 1970s and 1980s and even 1990s aren't coming back. But again, you are just in tantrum mode as a fan.

Yes, Frost is underperforming. Says me. Says Vegas. Says Urban Meyer. Says just about anybody with two eyes.

I expected Nebraska to beat Ohio St? What in the hell are you talking about? You are obviously getting me confused with someone else. I put a boat load of money on Ohio St.

“I promise you, this is going to get better...” been hearing that for quite a while. Who owns it? In Nebraska, when was the last time you were more excited for football to end and hoops to begin?
Frost has given Husker Nation the most intense emotional swing ever seen. When he came in with his background and his bravado, we couldn’t have been more proud and excited. Now less than two years later, we could not be or embarrassed and disappointed.

I agree, Frost needs to stop saying that crap because it just infuriates the fans more.

I once had a former boss who kept reminding everyone "I just sit in a corner office" as he tried making all the company decisions. Ultimately the employees started believing he was clueless and they lost faith while also getting pissed. Didn't end well.

Reactions: cecilB
Yes, Frost is underperforming. Says me. Says Vegas. Says Urban Meyer. Says just about anybody with two eyes.

I expected Nebraska to beat Ohio St? What in the hell are you talking about? You are obviously getting me confused with someone else. I put a boat load of money on Ohio St.

Steve Taylor doesn't say that and he knows more about Nebraska football and the talent level and insight to the program far more than does Vegas, than does Urban.

Speaking of Urban-- did you her him yesterday on the FOX broadcast after the game? He said it's not the Nebraska coaches fault. He ripped into program as a whole-- citing instability overall in the program. That should be your take-a-way from Urban Meyer.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Frost has given Husker Nation the most intense emotional swing ever seen. When he came in with his background and his bravado, we couldn’t have been more proud and excited. Now less than two years later, we could not be or embarrassed and disappointed.

but...but....but......

As fans nobody needed to buy into all the hype hook, line, and sinker. There could have been a much greater level headed approach; borderline "let's wait and see" while sharing some excitement at the same time.

Seriously, as a fan, you feel embarrassed?

Steve Taylor doesn't say that and he knows more about Nebraska football and the talent level and insight to the program far more than does Vegas, than does Urban.

Speaking of Urban-- did you her him yesterday on the FOX broadcast after the game? He said it's not the Nebraska coaches fault. He ripped into program as a whole-- citing instability overall in the program. That should be your take-a-way from Urban Meyer.

So when Steve Taylor questions the defensive coaching staff and Frost’s play calling he is what....blaming talent? I don’t think anybody around here is going to say we have the talent needed to get where Nebraska wants to be. But, the talent is surely better than 8-13. Colorado x2, Northwestern, Purdue are all games Nebraska really had no business losing.

And when you posted that Nebraska will be getting much better “very quickly” on the Iowa board you were what....just one of those delusional folks? Were you on the couch eating potato chips when you posted that?

Reactions: Vito Corleone
but...but....but......

As fans nobody needed to buy into all the hype hook, line, and sinker. There could have been a much greater level headed approach; borderline "let's wait and see" while sharing some excitement at the same time.

Seriously, as a fan, you feel embarrassed?
Yes, as a fan living in Iowa, the program has went from being respected, to being laughed at, and now to being pitied. When I walk into the office tomorrow, there will be Iowa and Iowa State fans not laughing, but patting me on the back saying “it’s OK, we’ve all been there before and you will get back to going to going to periodic bowl games again. Keep your head up”.

Some people have not learned reality or don't want to admit it. Former players that took in practices during the spring and fall said this was not a talented team but the freshman class looked really good. Many of them said it would be a struggle to make a bowl game.

The local media are full of idiots. Been saying that for years and years. One guy at the OMW used to be a message board poster (lol) and is a heart attack waiting to happen. Sipple is at least reasoned in most of his stuff. The radio guys and other media folks were being incredibly idiotic in what they were publishing and then the national media started to chim in since the local media was doing it. Then comes media days and the media picks Nebraska to win the Big Ten West. Fricken dumbos.

If they had been saying making a bowl game would be very good progress then they would have been realistic.

We started spring ball last year with ZERO scholarship running backs during the spring game. To expect a bunch of new guys to come in, including Washington and his issues, to make a huge difference was so idiotic you have to question their entire football IQ. It was well known that starting a redshirt freshman that never took a snap at center was going to be an early struggle. Anyone with a good football IQ knew there would be issues with linecalls, etc, until he got comfortable with that. He has made major strides in that area but a work in progress. Another spring will pay off majorly for him.

Then we had a WR unit that we KNEW didn't have a deep threat.

Then we knew the D was not more talented at the starting spots than your average D in the Big Ten.

For one with an actual good football IQ knew this would be a struggle this year and making a bowl game was/is the goal.

8 wins this year was NEVER realistic.

Yes, as a fan living in Iowa, the program has went from being respected, to being laughed at, and now to being pitied. When I walk into the office tomorrow, there will be Iowa and Iowa State fans not laughing, but patting me on the back saying “it’s OK, we’ve all been there before and you will get back to going to going to periodic bowl games again. Keep your head up”.

Yet you'd trade Nebraska's national success for Iowa's over the past 20 years as Iowa has won more football games since 2001 than has Nebraska and has had 4 Top 10 finishes in the polls during that time and has beaten Nebraska 4 years in a row and 5 of last 6 meetings. And Nebraska? Let that sink in as you eat your humble pie.

Last edited:
So when Steve Taylor questions the defensive coaching staff and Frost’s play calling he is what....blaming talent? I don’t think anybody around here is going to say we have the talent needed to get where Nebraska wants to be. But, the talent is surely better than 8-13. Colorado x2, Northwestern, Purdue are all games Nebraska really had no business losing.

And when you posted that Nebraska will be getting much better “very quickly” on the Iowa board you were what....just one of those delusional folks? Were you on the couch eating potato chips when you posted that?

I am someone smart enough to realize Nebraska fans dillusion of going back to dominance of yesteryear likely won't be happening. That's what I know. You, on the other hand, are throwing a tantrum because you expect them to and it's not happening currently. Time for a wake up call for you dude.

I can’t wait for the Husker Football game to end so I can watch a little Husker Volleyball action!! It is always great to watch a program with national relevance “compete” for each point until the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: artguy68
I am someone smart enough to realize Nebraska fans dillusion of going back to dominance of yesterday likely won't be happening. That's what I know. You, on the other hand, are throwing a tantrum because you expect it to. Time for a wake up call for you dude.

Your mistake is that you actually think people are expecting the 90’s all over again. Frost could have won 8 games this yet and people would be happy.

And you are so smart you actually think delusional is spelled dillusion. Pickles on the brain?

You are all over the board...one post you are blaming the fans for expecting thing to be farther along. Despite you posting “Frost will get it turned around quickly.” You claim I had Nebraska beating Ohio St which was just something you pulled out your ass. Now, you are posting how Urban Meyer is stating it’s not the fans fault despite you rambling on how it is the fans fault.

Your mistake is that you actually think people are expecting the 90’s all over again. Frost could have won 8 games this yet and people would be happy.

And you are so smart you actually think delusional is spelled dillusion. Pickles on the brain?

You are all over the board...one post you are blaming the fans for expecting thing to be farther along. Despite you posting “Frost will get it turned around quickly.” You claim I had Nebraska beating Ohio St which was just something you pulled out your ass. Now, you are posting how Urban Meyer is stating it’s not the fans fault despite you rambling on how it is the fans fault.

Stop trying to deflect baseball. You are in meltdown mode and we all have a front row seat watching your posts prove it. Continue on please- I'm enjoying this.

bagdad-bob.gif

Stop trying to deflect baseball. You are in meltdown mode and we all have a front row seat watching your posts prove it. Continue on please- I'm enjoying this.

Exactly, your posts have with riddled with inaccuracies. From blaming the fans to not blaming the fans. To claiming I had Nebraska beating Ohio St. To claiming you are “smart” and then going on to butcher the English language.

There is no deflecting. I already stated I expected Nebraska to win 8 games this year. In your simpleton brain that’s me saying I had Nebraska winning the national title this year.

Keep throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Some people have not learned reality or don't want to admit it. Former players that took in practices during the spring and fall said this was not a talented team but the freshman class looked really good. Many of them said it would be a struggle to make a bowl game.

The local media are full of idiots. Been saying that for years and years. One guy at the OMW used to be a message board poster (lol) and is a heart attack waiting to happen. Sipple is at least reasoned in most of his stuff. The radio guys and other media folks were being incredibly idiotic in what they were publishing and then the national media started to chim in since the local media was doing it. Then comes media days and the media picks Nebraska to win the Big Ten West. Fricken dumbos.

If they had been saying making a bowl game would be very good progress then they would have been realistic.

We started spring ball last year with ZERO scholarship running backs during the spring game. To expect a bunch of new guys to come in, including Washington and his issues, to make a huge difference was so idiotic you have to question their entire football IQ. It was well known that starting a redshirt freshman that never took a snap at center was going to be an early struggle. Anyone with a good football IQ knew there would be issues with linecalls, etc, until he got comfortable with that. He has made major strides in that area but a work in progress. Another spring will pay off majorly for him.

Then we had a WR unit that we KNEW didn't have a deep threat.

Then we knew the D was not more talented at the starting spots than your average D in the Big Ten.

For one with an actual good football IQ knew this would be a struggle this year and making a bowl game was/is the goal.

8 wins this year was NEVER realistic.

How many wins did you predict before the season started?

I thought 8 was a bit of a reach and that six or seven was most likely. I got shit on hard for that on here. Looks like even I was being optimistic. We should have at least two more in the W column right now, but our poor coaching resulted in losses.

Exactly, your posts have with riddled with inaccuracies. From blaming the fans to not blaming the fans. To claiming I had Nebraska beating Ohio St. To claiming you are “smart” and then going on to butcher the English language.

There is no deflecting. I already stated I expected Nebraska to win 8 games this year. In your simpleton brain that’s me saying I had Nebraska winning the national title this year.

Keep throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

LOL, meltdown mode continues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT