ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule aid

Fed-Up

Walk On
Nov 2, 2019
I was starting to drink the Matt Rhule kool-Aid.....then this team showed me how ridiculous that was to do.

The coaches didn't even come close to preparing this team for a very average Michigan State team. We looked inept....unprepared....ill-equiped...and just very lackadaisical. I had felt Haarberg was serviceable....but ...no he is not. His decision making is lacking and his throwing is horrendous.

For those of you that had dreams of a division title....that is the funniest joke of all. If that is the best they can do with what was on the line for them with a win...then seeing this shit show....I am not optimistic about winning another game this year.

I

Yes, it's not an A+ staff. Combined with the qb issues we're going to be really fighting for that 6th win.

I was starting to drink the Matt Rhule kool-Aid.....then this team showed me how ridiculous that was to do.

The coaches didn't even come close to preparing this team for a very average Michigan State team. We looked inept....unprepared....ill-equiped...and just very lackadaisical. I had felt Haarberg was serviceable....but ...no he is not. His decision making is lacking and his throwing is horrendous.

For those of you that had dreams of a division title....that is the funniest joke of all. If that is the best they can do with what was on the line for them with a win...then seeing this shit show....I am not optimistic about winning another game this year.

I
Oh....blah, blah, blah

Michigan states weakness was pass defense. We had open guys all game…coaches can’t affect HH’s ability to throw the ball to a wide open guy down the field.

Judging the coach based on one game the first year with a make shift offense in which Satt is completely hand cuffed is just absurd

Michigan State wasn't as bad as their record indicated. They had a coaching change, combined with easily the toughest schedule in the conference this year.
And plays were open all over the field, Haarberg just simply shit his pants. OL and WRs also had their moments of bad execution, but it started with Haarberg throwing a pick when a receiver was standing all by himself. I can't believe how horribly inaccurate he was, like not even close. If he hits those, it probably energizes the team a little bit and you see some better play throughout, MAYBE. We'll never know.

la bamba dancing GIF

• Haha
Reactions: GaRed
Worst coaching effort of the year but I still like this staff. Bad special teams coaching and the D got schemed today.

But bottom line, we have arguably the worst QB room in P5. Bottom 5% for sure. You can only coach around that so much.

Combine that with losing the turnover battle (again), some bad drops, and poor perimeter blocking and you get that steaming dump of a performance.

Reactions: RedMyMind

I
Tongue Goat GIF

Reactions: baseball31ne

I
MS has great defense with great athletes.
Oline was legit
Nebraska wins that game in Lincoln with fair refs
Nebraska did not play very good today at all
Not on the coaches
Receivers did not catch balls
HH missed quite a few Receivers
Oline sucked bad
Again not on coaches at all

Reactions: BleedRed78
I only had two complaints about the coaching today. I do not think Kemp should have been our punt returner since he is injured and was clearly told to just fair catch the ball. Come on... surely we had someone else who could actually return punts. I also think Grant should be permanently benched.

All that said, the coaching was not bad I think. The biggest problem we have is that our QB is absolutely horrible. If we had had MSU's QB we would have won this game going away.

We just got stupid like any other program that has been losing for years and created our own delusional reality. We created a false hope in beating really bad teams and overlooking (and asterisking) the ones that beat us or completely kicked our ass.

Overall, we are still better than we have been, and Rhule is the right guy. But being better than arguably one of the worst college football programs in the past 5 years needs to be kept in perspective.

I only had two complaints about the coaching today. I do not think Kemp should have been our punt returner since he is injured and was clearly told to just fair catch the ball. Come on... surely we had someone else who could actually return punts. I also think Grant should be permanently benched.

All that said, the coaching was not bad I think. The biggest problem we have is that our QB is absolutely horrible. If we had had MSU's QB we would have won this game going away.
Same issues.

If it was worth the risk to have Nations field that last punt, then he should have been fielding all of them. He should be the guy doing it for the rest of the season. His redshirt is burnt, might as well let him get the rest of the opportunities.

I want to see more EJ and less Grant .

He should have 60-70 touches over the next 3 games.

MS has great defense with great athletes.
Oline was legit
Nebraska wins that game in Lincoln with fair refs
Nebraska did not play very good today at all
Not on the coaches
Receivers did not catch balls
HH missed quite a few Receivers
Oline sucked bad
Again not on coaches at all
Great defense? I wouldnt call the 83rd rated scoring D "great". Yes some of this was on the coaches as well. The rest looks spot-on, though.

Fvckin iowa fans, would rather post on our free board than watch their abortion of a team get embarrassed by Northwestern. Sad…

Reactions: BleedRed78
Same issues.

If it was worth the risk to have Nations field that last punt, then he should have been fielding all of them. He should be the guy doing it for the rest of the season. His redshirt is burnt, might as well let him get the rest of the opportunities.

I want to see more EJ and less Grant .

He should have 60-70 touches over the next 3 games.
For the life of me I cannot understand the ongoing love affair these coaches have for Grant. The dude has no shake and bake, no initial burst, no open field speed, no vision for holes, no jump cut ability, runs laterally until he gets tackled for no gain or a loss, is not a great pass pro blocker, and has a history of fumbling at critical moments. Other than that he is a good back!

Reactions: JOHNNY N

I
Get a grip man.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Their 2nd and 3rd QBs played today. If only we had either of them.

L
Great defense? I wouldnt call the 83rd rated scoring D "great". Yes some of this was on the coaches as well. The rest looks spot-on, though.
Look at the athletes
Also ranking of the d is misleading due to the turmoil and coaching changes
Our d looked really salty except both Michigan teams
That's not saying much

Wr running wide open all day if are TE... I mean qb can't see them that's on him
We are a top 25.. if not top 15 defense. If we had a qb at Trent Dillfer lvl. We would be bowling

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT