ADVERTISEMENT

Aranda rumor

SpotlessRareBluebottlejellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I don’t think Urban is interested in being the next head coach of Nebraska as many on this forum and in the state would like to think…

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You're going to be awfully disappointed because it's not going to be urban.
Urban's is in a "damage control" mode right now and will spend the next year or two on Fox. And besides, if past history is any indication, you're just headed for some kind of trouble down the road with Meyer as your coach

In my opinion (we all have one obviously). This is a minimum of 2 year rebuild with how sloppy and undisciplined the team is. Unless Mickey can work some magic. I dont think urban has the patience.
Wasn't is like a 4 or 5 year rebuild when Frost started? If he's made things worse, wouldn't that put the rebuilt into year 6 or so?

Urban's is in a "damage control" mode right now and will spend the next year or two on Fox. And besides, if past history is any indication, you're just headed for some kind of trouble down the road with Meyer as your coach
What type of trouble? Ohio St is fine with no issues, Florida was fine, and Utah and Bowling Green were good as well...

Reactions: Bruce1981
I don’t think Urban is interested in being the next head coach of Nebraska as many on this forum and in the state would like to think…
He's not and anyone with any knowledge of his past will see that when he does coach again - and a big IF he coaches again - it will be in a recruiting hotbed like Texas, Florida, or California where he has access to a wealth of recruits within a 300 to 400 miles radius. IT'S NOT THAT HARD to figure out

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
What type of trouble? Ohio St is fine with no issues, Florida was fine, and Utah and Bowling Green were good as well...
It is this huge myth that has been created around him. People that hate him act like HE gave a gun to that UF TE and told him to go kill that dude.

Meanwhile, he also recruited and played one of the most "perfect" people ever in Tebow.

Fine? Did you miss all that Zach Smith - his wife BS that OSU took a hit on because Urban let it go on. He resigned at OSU before they forced him out. Go back and read some of Brett McMurphy's articles

Florida? Seriously? Did you forget the massive amount of arrests of his players under his coaching? And Aaron Hernandez? And on and on and on.

And he was the laughing stock of the NFL in his short time at Jacksonville.

He leaves every place in turmoil.

Oh, and if you're the parent of a pretty young female student, first thing to check on is if Meyer is the coach at the school you're daughter is thinking about attending. Scratch it if he is

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
Fine? Did you miss all that Zach Smith - his wife BS that OSU took a hit on because Urban let it go on. He resigned at OSU before they forced him out. Go back and read some of Brett McMurphy's articles

Florida? Seriously? Did you forget the massive amount of arrests of his players under his coaching? And Aaron Hernandez? And on and on and on.

Oh, and if you're the parent of a pretty young female student, first thing to check on is if Meyer is the coach at the school you're daughter is thinking about attending. Scratch it if he is
I haven't heard any of this? Details please. Links or it didn't happen.

Wasn't is like a 4 or 5 year rebuild when Frost started? If he's made things worse, wouldn't that put the rebuilt into year 6 or so?
Technically, we've been in rebuilding mode since around 1999 or maybe 2001.

That's a long time to be rebuilding. Not as long of a rebuild as going back to, say, the mid '60's, but a long time anyway.

Who cares? I mean seriously. Zach Smith is a scumbag, but it is what it is. Yeah, there are arrests, but how did that really affect the schools and are they really in turmoil? Did you forget all of the off the field issues we had? You were ok with that turmoil because we were winning? All kinds of players beating and raping women was good?

Get out of here with the white knight stuff. I might be with you if the programs were getting sanctioned and close to receiving the death penalty, but this shit goes on everywhere. Most of the stud players don't come out of the burbs with a sterling family life and that is the risk.

Give me Urban all day as he is one of the best college coaches of all time, but ride that horse white knight!

Just to be SUPER clear...you are saying that if a HC knows of ANY wrongdoing that is going on with his staff (their home life) or players...that he, the HC, it to blame.

Even if he doesn't know about it, right?

Just so we are clear, that is what you are saying?

Reactions: HuskerDana

Your point that all people really remember is the winning is noted

I haven't heard any of this? Details please. Links or it didn't happen.
Seriously, you're unaware of all this? A Google search will get you there in seconds. This stuff was all over the news for a long time

Just to be SUPER clear...you are saying that if a HC knows of ANY wrongdoing that is going on with his staff (their home life) or players...that he, the HC, it to blame.

Even if he doesn't know about it, right?

Just so we are clear, that is what you are saying?
I don't have to explain anything. If you really think that Urban didn't know anything, go read the McMurphy articles which were spot on and which Meyer couldn't deny. End of story. Meyer is a scumbag

Technically, we've been in rebuilding mode since around 1999 or maybe 2001.

That's a long time to be rebuilding. Not as long of a rebuild as going back to, say, the mid '60's, but a long time anyway.
Wrong.. Winning 9 and 10 games when we had Pelini we weren’t rebuilding..

I don't have to explain anything. If you really think that Urban didn't know anything, go read the McMurphy articles which were spot on and which Meyer couldn't deny. End of story. Meyer is a scumbag
Got it...

You love Michigan but nothing that your championless coach did was wrong when all those players were being raped.

And you are right...you don't have to explain, we get it.

Race is brought up because of all the "approved" candidates, outside of Aranda, are all white guys with ties to the midwest, that run the ball 60% of the time. According to the board Joseph won't be hired because he doesn't have head coaching experience in P5, Bienemy wont be hired because he is just Andy Reid's lap dog.

Name another person of color, that has been mentioned, besides Aranda.

You are probably right. That doesn't change the fact that there isn't a coach available right now that is worth making a "kitchen sink" offer to outside of Urban Meyer.

The reason Nebraska will continue to be a middle of the pack team, at best, is simply because of the lack of aggressiveness and creativity in finding a head football coach. You all want the 55 year old white guy, that runs a clean program, that runs the ball 60% of the time, and probably has some sort of tie to Nebraska or at worst a bordering state, Oh and does it the Nebraska Way. That dude's ceiling tops out at 9 games.

Most of you are looking for a guy that will get us to the next step, which is back to relevancy because it has been so long. Great...but that is short sighted. I want the guy that will first get us to relevancy, then get us back in the conference and national title picture.
Agree. If I hear the 'Nebraska way' again I'll puke. There is no specific formula to winning that can only or should only be achieved by utilizing legacy coaching philosophies.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Race is brought up because of all the "approved" candidates, outside of Aranda, are all white guys with ties to the midwest, that run the ball 60% of the time. According to the board Joseph won't be hired because he doesn't have head coaching experience in P5, Bienemy wont be hired because he is just Andy Reid's lap dog.

I think Mickey is a gamble. Most of us see his pluses as a recruiter but we also know nothing about his HC experience beyond one game. Nobody cares about race here. I'd say go hire an Asian, trans, handicapped coach if they are a proven winner.

Why don't you name the ones that are being passed over because of their race

Zach Smith did that, not Meyer. Meyer covered up Earl Bruce's grandson's mess. Much like hundreds of other coaches and admins have covered up messes for their friends or relatives of friends.

He had the same record in the NFL that Saban did.

Arrests? really? Do we really need to go through the police blotter from those 1990's teams. Shoot Phillips was arrested for attempted murder for running over kids over a pick up football game. The selective memory you all have is humorous.

Got it...

You love Michigan but nothing that your championless coach did was wrong when all those players were being raped.

And you are right...you don't have to explain, we get it.
I don't have to make any excuses for Michigan - they're the winningest CF program of all-time and do things the right way. They have the best combination of sports-academics in the country. Can't argue this, can you? End of discussion

I don't have to make any excuses for Michigan - they're the winningest CF program of all-time and do things the right way. They have the best combination of sports-academics in the country. Can't argue this, can you? End of discussion
Excuses?

I am not talking about excuses. You said that the HC is responsible for everything that happens, right?

So, then...Bo Championlessbeckler is responsible for all his players that were raped, over and over, by his doctor, right?

And Bama, ND and OSU all have the better winning %.

Zach Smith did that, not Meyer. Meyer covered up Earl Bruce's grandson's mess. Much like hundreds of other coaches and admins have covered up messes for their friends or relatives of friends.

He had the same record in the NFL that Saban did.

Arrests? really? Do we really need to go through the police blotter from those 1990's teams. Shoot Phillips was arrested for attempted murder for running over kids over a pick up football game. The selective memory you all have is humorous.
Also we have had Thunder Collins and the TE that caught the 2 pt conversion in the 1995 OB is now in jail for child molestation. Every big program has had it's share of unfortunate ones.

Also we have had Thunder Collins and the TE that caught the 2 pt conversion in the 1995 OB is now in jail for child molestation. Every big program has had it's share of unfortunate ones.
True but with Meyer it's over and over and over again, Enough of that scumbag. People make fun of Harbaugh's strange ways but the guy does things the right way and there's no denying it. Facts !!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT