ADVERTISEMENT

Aranda rumor

If you are willing to give a "kitchen sink" offer, you need to start higher than Dave Aranda. no offense to Coach Aranda, but he is no Urban Meyer.
Alberts and TO, whatever influence he still has, aren't going to hire Meyer, IMO. Aranda seems like a coach that would be at the top of the wish list. This seems believable if DA is listening. To me the only concern is lack of long term track record as a head coach. I could see paying him a big salary as long as the buyout wasn't outrageous.

If you are willing to give a "kitchen sink" offer, you need to start higher than Dave Aranda. no offense to Coach Aranda, but he is no Urban Meyer.
only difference I see between his resume and frost's prior to coming here is he's been a coordinator for a little longer

9-9 in the big 12 in his 2 year head coaching career. yawn

I know you think you are a football know it all. But your urban takes are garbage.

Reactions: zrob
Alberts and TO, whatever influence he still has, aren't going to hire Meyer, IMO. Aranda seems like a coach that would be at the top of the wish list. This seems believable if DA is listening. To me the only concern is lack of long term track record as a head coach. I could see paying him a big salary as long as the buyout wasn't outrageous.
Aranda may be my dark horse candidate, simply because the Big 12 is so diminished after OU and Texas leave. The dude seems so hard-nosed that it would be awesome for our national identity. He's about the right age and he's a winner. His guys always get after it.

12-2 in his 2nd year. His OC (Grimes) has been one of the best in the business for years, and when he got together with Mickey and Bill, (hint. hint.) It worked out pretty well. With that being said, the chances of landing him are slim to none. I would take him in a heartbeat though.

Last edited:
I don’t think Tuco is slobbering over Meyer. Just pointing out that you only throw the kitchen sink at a coach of his stature. And Aranda, though a good coach, is not kitchen sink worthy
Urb's a slut. A hot slut (albeit completely plastic - not a single part of it being authentic and real), but a slut nonetheless. For a number of you, that's good enough. You get your rocks off, quickly, and it leaves you without hesitation for the next little weiner with a lot more money
Or, it takes your money, sees your goods (or lack thereof), fakes a headache (sound familiar?), and is gone. Either way, just being within 10 feet of that big of a skank leaves a mark, as in a pock mark, in the crotchal region, with burning and painful urination for years, which you may never recover from. But, for sure, that 10 seconds was the best 10 seconds of your lives.

What a seriously odd way to characterize Aranda’s 2 seasons. He went 2-7 his first season and then 12-2 last year including a conference title win and a bowl win and wins against 5 ranked teams. Yah, pure suckage.

He also DC’ed great defenses at Wisc and LSU. While he isn’t my top choice behind UM and Fickle, he is above guys like Leipold, Campbell and BOB for me.

Trev, a former defensive all-American, may want a defensive guru as his coach. Is Aranda the best defensive coach among the possible candidates discussed so far?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT