ADVERTISEMENT

Aranda rumor

We need to define kitchen sink. Pretty broad.

And I think aranda would be a good hire.

Urban is my top choice but we have no idea if urban even wants the job or hasnt given us a cold shoulder already. This isnt a game of “take your pick of anybody in the world, nebraska”.

We need to define kitchen sink. Pretty broad.

And I think aranda would be a good hire.

Urban is my top choice but we have no idea if urban even wants the job or hasnt given us a cold shoulder already. This isnt a game of “take your pick of anybody in the world, nebraska”.
In my opinion (we all have one obviously). This is a minimum of 2 year rebuild with how sloppy and undisciplined the team is. Unless Mickey can work some magic. I dont think urban has the patience.

I don’t think Tuco is slobbering over Meyer. Just pointing out that you only throw the kitchen sink at a coach of his stature. And Aranda, though a good coach, is not kitchen sink worthy
Those who understand no explanation is necessary, those who don't understand, no explanation will do.

Glad you are one that understands.

If OU didn't get Venables most OU posters were hoping it would be Aranda. Terrific D coach. Think Huskers would be lucky to get him. Do not know his success as a recruiter. But tore it up last year with a bunch of 3 stars.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If you’re throwing the sink at Aranda or anyone else, they don’t need to be coaching in a bowl, other then MJ. They need to get in and get to work.

If you go with Aranda and he loses Grimes as an OC, go for Rich Rodriguez. Great OC and got robbed at Az as a head coach.

You're going to be awfully disappointed because it's not going to be urban.
You are probably right. That doesn't change the fact that there isn't a coach available right now that is worth making a "kitchen sink" offer to outside of Urban Meyer.

The reason Nebraska will continue to be a middle of the pack team, at best, is simply because of the lack of aggressiveness and creativity in finding a head football coach. You all want the 55 year old white guy, that runs a clean program, that runs the ball 60% of the time, and probably has some sort of tie to Nebraska or at worst a bordering state, Oh and does it the Nebraska Way. That dude's ceiling tops out at 9 games.

Most of you are looking for a guy that will get us to the next step, which is back to relevancy because it has been so long. Great...but that is short sighted. I want the guy that will first get us to relevancy, then get us back in the conference and national title picture.

Last edited:
No it's not a garbage take. If urban is hired..... I'll eat crow. I bet I have a better chance of hitting the power ball than urban being hired.
Did Tuco say we were going to hire Urban?

only difference I see between his resume and frost's prior to coming here is he's been a coordinator for a little longer

9-9 in the big 12 in his 2 year head coaching career. yawn
The Big 12 is a tougher conference than the AAC.

You are probably right. That doesn't change the fact that there isn't a coach available right now that is worth making a "kitchen sink" offer to outside of Urban Meyer.

The reason Nebraska will continue to be a middle of the pack team, at best, is simply because of the lack of aggressiveness and creativity in finding a head football coach. You all want the 55 year old white guy, that runs a clean program, that runs the ball 60% of the time, and probably has some sort of tie to Nebraska or at worst a bordering state, Oh and does it the Nebraska Way. That dude's ceiling tops out at 9 games.

Most of you are looking for a guy that will get us to the next step, which is back to relevancy because it has been so long. Great...but that is short sighted. I want the guy that will first get us to relevancy, then get us back in the conference and national title picture.
WTF is this?

aranda would obviously take the job

anyone who's gone .500 in his conference during his entire head coaching tenure would be insane to say no to $7/$8M per year
For sure! Any doofus can see that we hung on to Frost for five years. With his 3-4 wins a year, they have to be salivating to come here. God, I hope that Trev picks the right one.

Aranda would be an incredible hire, so many boxes get checked. Relationship with M Joseph could help to retain MJ. Could lure Grimes to come along, which would be an off the charts OC hire. MJs recruiting prowess, Aranda’s defensive expertise and Grimes offensive mind. Honestly, that is such a good combination, it’s almost too good to believe. Add BB to the mix, what an opportunity for Nebraska.

It’s hard to imagine a transition that could be any more seemless. Please oh please

Given that Urban isn’t coming here.. I’d settle for:
Aranda
Peterson
Malzahn
Mullen
DeBoer
Leach
Clawson
Chadwell
Fickell
Mark Stoops
Leipold
klieman
Doeren
The BYU coach
The Miami Dolphins OC

Urb's a slut. A hot slut (albeit completely plastic - not a single part of it being authentic and real), but a slut nonetheless. For a number of you, that's good enough. You get your rocks off, quickly, and it leaves you without hesitation for the next little weiner with a lot more money
Or, it takes your money, sees your goods (or lack thereof), fakes a headache (sound familiar?), and is gone. Either way, just being within 10 feet of that big of a skank leaves a mark, as in a pock mark, in the crotchal region, with burning and painful urination for years, which you may never recover from. But, for sure, that 10 seconds was the best 10 seconds of your lives.
Nebraska hasn't been laid in awhile. We will put on a condom and take that risk.

I don’t think Tuco is slobbering over Meyer. Just pointing out that you only throw the kitchen sink at a coach of his stature. And Aranda, though a good coach, is not kitchen sink worthy
That’s how I read it too. We threw the kitchen sink at Frost and that went so well.

IMO there are three coaches worth “kitchen sink” money. Saban, Meyer and maybe Smart. None of which are coming here. So, next.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That’s how I read it too. We threw the kitchen sink at Frost and that went so well.

IMO there are three coaches worth “kitchen sink” money. Saban, Meyer and maybe Smart. None of which are coming here. So, next.
Top 10 nationally will cost 8+ million
Top 5 in big ten 7.5+

are we a top 5 big ten job?

years are just as important as it is the guaranteed money that counts

7 million per x 8 is a better deal than 8 mil x 5

Last edited:
Aranda would be an incredible hire, so many boxes get checked. Relationship with M Joseph could help to retain MJ. Could lure Grimes to come along, which would be an off the charts OC hire. MJs recruiting prowess, Aranda’s defensive expertise and Grimes offensive mind. Honestly, that is such a good combination, it’s almost too good to believe. Add BB to the mix, what an opportunity for Nebraska.

It’s hard to imagine a transition that could be any more seemless. Please oh please

But what if Grimes doesn’t come? Without Grimes, Aranda took a double digit win team and turned it into a 2-win team. Kudos to him for recognizing the problem and addressing it, but that’s still pretty scary.

Who is that guy?

But what if Grimes doesn’t come? Without Grimes, Aranda took a double digit win team and turned it into a 2-win team. Kudos to him for recognizing the problem and addressing it, but that’s still pretty scary.

So why don't we just hire Grimes instead of Aranda?

• Love
What a seriously odd way to characterize Aranda’s 2 seasons. He went 2-7 his first season and then 12-2 last year including a conference title win and a bowl win and wins against 5 ranked teams. Yah, pure suckage.

He also DC’ed great defenses at Wisc and LSU. While he isn’t my top choice behind UM and Fickle, he is above guys like Leipold, Campbell and BOB for me.
Only one of those names I don’t like on that list is O’Brien.. Matt Rhul would be the only other guy I’d be okay with still a little concerned about hiring Campbell yet..

I
Cut the bullshit, we all want the best damn coach we can get, regardless of race. SMFH
His post is bizarre in so many ways. For one, the OP is about a head coaching candidate that is mid-40's, who isn't "white," and who lots of fans would be happy to have as the coach. Apparently, these facts are completely lost on him. Then, after bagging on fans for wanting a 55 year old white guy, he pines for Urb, a 58 year old white guy. Of course, he doesnt do things the right way, so that is different. Tuco, be creative and tell us who NU should be hiring, and why.

I

His post is bizarre in so many ways. For one, the OP is about a head coaching candidate that is mid-40's, who isn't "white," and who lots of fans would be happy to have as the coach. Apparently, these facts are completely lost on him. Then, after bagging on fans for wanting a 55 year old white guy, he pines for Urb, a 58 year old white guy. Of course, he doesnt do things the right way, so that is different. Tuco, be creative and tell us who NU should be hiring, and why.
Aranda's not white?

trophysppzv.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT