ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Read the Backup QB Piece?

Rhule said if Sims gets hurt and we are down 2 scores Purdy goes in because he is a better passer. Sounds like HH goes in for the opposite scenario to try to milk the clock. Only at Nebraska are people get this passionate about the backup qb spot. Good lord.
Thank you..

No the talking heads on the show mentioned it..
If you seen all the footage funny you not making any comments in some Purdy’s nice throws too..

Your argument is always one sided because you put all your eggs in one basket for HH since forever..

I don’t give a $&it who is 2nd or what part they need to utilize them. I just want to have a winning team..
purdy made a nice flat footed, short armed throw to bonner (split out) to close out the most recent scrimmage with the backups

Rhule said if Sims gets hurt and we are down 2 scores Purdy goes in because he is a better passer. Sounds like HH goes in for the opposite scenario to try to milk the clock. Only at Nebraska are people get this passionate about the backup qb spot. Good lord.
can you post that?

I'd like to hear it.

TIA

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
I’m not rooting against HH or any backup quarterback, I personally don’t believe HH is a D1 quarterback
thank you for your honesty.

all humans are biased toward their opinions being correct.

in this case, you've pitted your personal beliefs against HH's success. if he does well, you'll look like an absolute buffoon and will never, ever hear the end of it.

if he fails, you will pound your chest and celebrate your ability to recognize a lack of talent.

there is simply no other way. it's natural.

a sad corner to have painted yourself into if you ask me.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
It was on Monday afternoon on the Conner Happer show 1620…

If you think 1234 and myself are liars.. Find the podcast yourself..
I don't think you're liars

I want to hear the discussion & am neither a mind reader nor a 1620 listener

conner happer? Rhule goes on his show?

trying to find it

already listened to 3 segments from 8/21 show. nothing yet

these guys connor and josh are f'n terribly uninteresting
They really are. Sharp is decent but he has gone. I think it really shows my dedication that I am able to tough out hours of that nonsense.

If anyone has a better podcast feel free to let me know.

Reactions: king_kong_
exactly

college football boasts by far the least parity of any major sport
If that’s the case why don’t we see more backup QB’s playing in games more except for the last or less 5 minutes in games??

Lincoln Riley will not be taking out Caleb Williams till the very end of any game..

If that’s the case why don’t we see more backup QB’s playing in games more except for the last or less 5 minutes in game??

Lincoln Riley will not be taking out Caleb Williams till the very end of any game..
not because games are more competitive, that's for sure

thank you for your honesty.

all humans are biased toward their opinions being correct.

in this case, you've pitted your personal beliefs against HH's success. if he does well, you'll look like an absolute buffoon and will never, ever hear the end of it.

if he fails, you will pound your chest and celebrate your ability to recognize a lack of talent.

there is simply no other way. it's natural.

a sad corner to have painted yourself into if you ask me.
Again your off base, if HH becomes great I’m all for it and Ill man up and say I was wrong, if he doesn’t I won’t cheer I’ll blame frost for being such a incompetent head coach

Listen to the other two what their discussing it sounded like they thought Purdy would come in 2nd.. HH has a package and he has a skill set..
exactly what I said.

josh & connor speculated that based on absolutely nothing Rhule said.

Rhule said they're both #2 right now, Heinrich is more of a dual threat & chubba would come in if we were getting our asses kicked

that show is as boring as anything I've ever heard. zero personality.

• Haha
exactly what I said.

josh & connor speculated that based on absolutely nothing Rhule said.

Rhule said they're both #2 right now & chubba would come in only if we were getting our asses kicked

that show is as boring as anything I've ever heard. zero personality.
One thing you and I agree on is the Conner whatever show is terrible the guy needs to get off radio and find a real job like flipping burgers

Reactions: king_kong_
Again your off base, if HH becomes great I’m all for it and Ill man up and say I was wrong, if he doesn’t I won’t cheer I’ll blame frost for being such a incompetent head coach
I blame SF for not going after Zane Flores and settling for HH..
I have nothing against HH, but he wasn’t the best HS QB in the state..

I blame SF for not going after Zane Flores and settling for HH..
I have nothing against HH, but he wasn’t the best HS QB in the state..
different classes. frost went after purdy instead of flores.

should have both local kids.

different classes. frost went after purdy instead of flores.

should have both local kids.
No Whipple was the one that convinced Purdy.. Purdy and HH are Sophomores and Zane Flores is a red-shirt Freshman

SF should have been on Flores a minute after that state championship game..

nice to hear. the way Rhule talks about him sounds like he was on the brink of retirement and/or permanent clipboard duty.

would you like to make a friendly wager as to who starts the season as the #2 guy? name your price.

has anyone read the rivals article yet?
Now you sound like Iowa!

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
Whatever QB they would choose to come in when the team is in a pinch and needs to be able to throw the ball, that will be the QB that comes in if Sims is hurt and the score is tied. That’s your #2 and that’s Purdy.

Whatever QB they would choose to come in when the team is in a pinch and needs to be able to throw the ball, that will be the QB that comes in if Sims is hurt and the score is tied. That’s your #2 and that’s Purdy.
this is an opinion based on nothing but your own personal feelings.

Right, same as yours.
wrong.

mine is based on the spring depth chart the coaches put out, which had Haarberg listed clearly as QB2.

things can change, but I don't expect them to, especially after Rhule explicitly saying chubba would come in if we were down big.

Oh…”had”?? Neat! Anthony Grant and Nate Boerkircher also started the spring game. Staff has had a lottttt more to evaluate since then.
I fully expect Boerkircher to start Game 1, as well.

basing an opinion on an actual depth chart is better than basing them on pure emotion and speculation.

I fully expect Boerkircher to start Game 1, as well.
Possibly. Also Satterfield mixed in wildcat at SC last season so it’s not out of the question to see that, maybe that’s HH, who knows but when this team needs a #2 **passer** they will tap Purdy.

Disclaimer that we all apparently need to type:
I DONT HATE HH, NEBRAKSA, CORN OR KOOLAID. I AM NOT AND WILL NOT ROOT AGAINST HIM. THAT’S THE LITERAL EQUIVALENT OF PEOPLE CLAIMING YOU ARE ROOTING FOR PURDY TO FAIL BUT YOU DON’T SEE ANYONE DOING THAT BECAUSE WE’RE ADULTS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT