ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else attend the 1983 Kickoff Classic ?

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Both I and HC MR did. Of course I did not know him. And I am much older then he is.

Last edited:
I guess nobody who posts here went to the game except you. I thought about it. It was on a Monday night, 29 August. I was going with a group to a houseboat trip on Lake Havasu the following Thursday since Labor Day was Monday the 5th. I had just started a new job that year and didn't have much money or vacation time, so it boiled down to the KO Classic or the houseboat trip. Even though Nebraska kicked ass, the houseboat trip turned out to be a no-brainer. Two large houseboats, two ski boats, a couple jet skis and about half of the 30 people were 20-something women. That was a big summer, the US festival was during Memorial Day 1983.

I was in college and it was the first week of classes, so attending wasn't really an option. Remember the game well, though. It was fun payback after the Nittany Lion Booster Club officiated the 1982 game.

I was there. I was in graduate school in Maryland at the time so it was a no brainer to drive up to the meadowlands.
I came from Long Island. On a bus full of PSU fans with perhaps only one or two other Husker fans. Everybody was cool however. I was a couple of rows from the top.

Rozier only ran for about 70 yards. But then he totaled over 2,000 for the year and the Heisman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT