ADVERTISEMENT

Another prayers thread

Laner2

Head Coach
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
Tarheelhusker ( not to be confused with Tarheelhuskerfan) is a long time Husker fan and my brother. He entered hospice yesterday and will not come home. I got the news an hour ago and am in Juneau on a cruise. Bought a cigar and on the smoke deck with a double Makers Mark thinking of the goofy shit we did as kids. All I ask is that if you get a chance to sip a shot tonight is that you give him a thought. Nothing sad or morose, just a wish for a soft passing. Thanks.

Tarheelhusker ( not to be confused with Tarheelhuskerfan) is a long time Husker fan and my brother. He entered hospice yesterday and will not come home. I got the news an hour ago and am in Juneau on a cruise. Bought a cigar and on the smoke deck with a double Makers Mark thinking of the goofy shit we did as kids. All I ask is that if you get a chance to sip a shot tonight is that you give him a thought. Nothing sad or morose, just a wish for a soft passing. Thanks.
will head to the cupboard for some Blanton. God's peace to your family.

I know it's been coming to this. It's all our fate. @tarheelhusker, it's been a pleasure interacting with you throughout these years. I believe I've been on this board for 20 years by now. You've been a great poster and a good friend. If you're reading this, know that you mean a lot to this board. @Laner2, be strong. We're here if you need us. Prayers sent up!

Praying for you and the family. I lost a brother. Hopefully you get back to say goodbye. I lost mine is a car Accident and never got that opportunity.

Reactions: bigboxes and Laner2
May the peace of the Lord that surpasses understanding surround you and your brother. Just remember, the wings of protection that surround you brother are the Cheriban wings from the Arc of the Covenant. God's in control brother.

Out with the wife running errands. When I get home I’ll pour some Makers. Peace to you all.

Reactions: Laner2 and bigboxes
Laner2 fellow husker, sorry to hear this. Having lost a brother myself, hope he passes fast and peaceful. Might sound morbid but when the time is and when at peace with God, it's better to let go. I've seen too many bad situations. None immediate family, but in our small town we're all family. My condolences 🙏

So sorry…

Done:

icegif-711.gif

You got it, Laner. A prayer and a toast for Tarheel and family. God be with you all.

Reactions: bigboxes
My father passed a year ago on August 5. He was the last in his family and it hit me that I just moved up the leader board of life. I am now at the top, few in front of me, the oldest in my family.

Wife and I went out tonight on our 51st anniversary and we have talked about how much we couldn’t recall of our busy lives. What we both agree on is life flys by and is extremely short and we cannot cheat death unless the Lord comes and raptures us away.

May peace and Grace from our Lord abound.

My father passed a year ago on August 5. He was the last in his family and it hit me that I just moved up the leader board of life. I am now at the top, few in front of me, the oldest in my family.

Wife and I went out tonight on our 51st anniversary and we have talked about how much we couldn’t recall of our busy lives. What we both agree on is life flys by and is extremely short and we cannot cheat death unless the Lord comes and raptures us away.

Happy Anniversary

Congrats on 51!
Q8wb0Dz.gif

Yeah, it's wild to realize that now you are the oldest one left. We watch each week as the news reports on celebrities that have passed that are our age. Like I said, it's all our fate. It's up to you to live each and every day. @TruHusker Happy Anniversary, buddy!

Congrats on 51!
Q8wb0Dz.gif

Yeah, it's wild to realize that now you are the oldest one left. We watch each week as the news reports on celebrities that have passed that are our age. Like I said, it's all our fate. It's up to you to live each and every day. @TruHusker Happy Anniversary, buddy!
Hey thanks @bigboxes, I really appreciate that. I am married to the best, most Godly woman I know and after 51 years she is still hot! 😉

• Love
Hey thanks @bigboxes, I really appreciate that. I am married to the best, most Godly woman I know and after 51 years she is still hot! 😉
Man, you doubled me up! I was truly blessed. Wish she was still here with me. I posted her pic on Reddit about 3 weeks ago and got over 20,000 votes. Posted a pic of us two days after our wedding and got over 19k votes. It's getting close to 5 years since she passed and my love has only grown stronger. I'm very happy for you and thank you for sharing with us!

Just pulled the wax tab on this bottle of Blanton's for this occasion. I was holding it for @dinglefritz in case of an emergency but it would appear he is less in need.

I know for certain that God knows best in these situations. My wife and last brother passed recently. My prayer is for you and your brother. Peace be with you now and always.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT