ADVERTISEMENT

AM Podcast on 2021 & Leaving NU

Stolen from another site:

High-Level Summary:

• Broke his jaw on the first drive of the Michigan State game. His life sucked afterward. Drinking steak through a straw. Felt like if they would've won that game their season would've been completely different... said "we're basically the same team." He'd never say bad things, but def salty vibes from the special teams snafu.
  • Michigan game was the most fun he's had playing in a football game. Thinks Aidan Hutchinson is impressive, but not THAT impressive. Ref told him after the fumble that he didn't know why no one blew the play dead, but it's not reviewable.
  • Poor locker room energy in the Purdue game, although he doesn't attribute the loss to that.
  • Got a high ankle sprain 4 days before the Minnesota game. That impacted the overall game plan, and he thinks it made a discernable difference.
  • VERY salty that Frost/ Gus Johnson spilled the beans on his broken jaw after the Ohio State game. He wanted the ability to tell that story himself. A lot of his family members didn't even know. Said he didn't think it was appropriate.
  • He feels responsible for Verdu getting fired. High tensions with Frost after the firings. Overall, said he did a good job explaining things, but it's a tough position. Some people understood, some people didn't.
  • Injured his shoulder/ labrum in the Wisconsin game right before the end of the first half. The second half was tough but still had a decent showing. Blamed his INT on the injury and wanted to get surgery ASAP after the game to save his NFL prospects.
  • He did test the NFL waters as part of his decision to leave NU. Made the decision to transfer to bolster his NFL prospects.
  • Needed a new opportunity, new scenery, new challenge.
  • Lots of love. Gave examples of security people hugging him, wishing him well, etc. He claims Frost wanted him to stay.
  • Coming back just didn't feel right. Too much baggage. The relationship had naturally concluded. Better for both him and Frost.
  • All the NU socials unfollowed him immediately lol.
did he say anything about the difference in culture he's noticed so far?

I'm not so sure

Verdu & the rest of the staff getting canned led to a lot of angst (Trev Alberts)

Frost asked him back (disappointing to hear), but he alluded to others not sharing the same sentiment (Trev Alberts)

AM may have 'made the decision' himself, but only after a bunch of dominos fell that certainly appear to have helped push him out the door

he also said how 'f*cked up' it was that all NU socials unfollowed him immediately after he announced his intent to leave (Trev Alberts)
I like how Trev is running the program.

Not worth my time, I get enough reviews on this thread alone . That all I need to know..

I’ve moved on ever since his announcement that he is leaving..
As a Husker fan, I can remember thinking, "Damn, I hate to lose Tagge... Damn I hate to lose Turner Gill... Damn I hate to lose Tommie."

AM? Thought never crossed my mind.

Total warrior that gave his all for Nebraska. Staff was at fault for playing him injured so many times vs a backup. Never allowed to heal.
I won’t dispute he was a worrior but his don’t give a crap attitude is the reason he’ll go down as one of the biggest looser quarterback in Nebraska football history

I'm not so sure

Verdu & the rest of the staff getting canned led to a lot of angst (Trev Alberts)

Frost asked him back (disappointing to hear), but he alluded to others not sharing the same sentiment (Trev Alberts)

AM may have 'made the decision' himself, but only after a bunch of dominos fell that certainly appear to have helped push him out the door

he also said how 'f*cked up' it was that all NU socials unfollowed him immediately after he announced his intent to leave (Trev Alberts)
The bolded is pure speculation that satisfies your preferred narrative. To be clear: coaches getting fired does not equate to getting pushed out the door.
Facts:
* Nobody else has been Frost’s #1 QB for his entire tenure.
* Frost has had nothing but effusive praise and support for AM and his “leadership”, and has publicly excused his gaffes that has directly lost games.
* AM indicates that it was totally his call to leave.
* There are zero public statements from Frost or Alberts indicating that AM was not welcome back

On the other hand, we have your unwavering belief to the contrary.

The bolded is pure speculation that satisfies your preferred narrative. To be clear: coaches getting fired does not equate to getting pushed out the door.
Facts:
* Nobody else has been Frost’s #1 QB for his entire tenure.
* Frost has had nothing but effusive praise and support for AM and his “leadership”, and has publicly excused his gaffes that has directly lost games.
* AM indicates that it was totally his call to leave.
* There are zero public statements from Frost or Alberts indicating that AM was not welcome back

On the other hand, we have your unwavering belief to the contrary.
Trev fired his QB coach 2 weeks prior to AM making "his call" to leave

AM then stated repeatedly how difficult that was for him

if you think his decision was made entirely in a vacuum & without influence from Trev's decisions about the future of NU football, what's it like living on a planet inhabited by only yourself?

Reactions: BleedRed78
He made his decision all things considered. Coaching turnover was one of those things. You know what wasn’t the case? Your assertion that he was kicked out and wasn’t welcome back. The “only possibility” according to you because you just want to believe it.

So glad he has moved on and the Huskers have moved on from him. Thankful that Trev intervened. Hopeful that Frost learned a lot from this and can right the ship quickly.

I didn't listen but if he was surprised that the social media unfollowed him right away, he has a lot to learn in life.

He wasn't responsible for Mario V. getting fired, that was all on Mario V.

his decision, which he owns and I admire, to play with that injury is so much like the rest of his career at NU:

a seemingly extraordinary individual effort that ended up being a detriment to the team as a whole
If he was a detriment to the team, that is on the coaches for not recruiting a better player. He gave NU the best chance to win and gave 100% effort every week. You cannot ask anything more of any individual player.

Could care less. He chose not to.play here anymore.

And he did nothing while he was here worth remembering but lose games.

caring.png

Soft spoken nice guy QB's with losing records don't inspire a lot of confidence.

we might be on track to do this yet again.

If he was a detriment to the team, that is on the coaches for not recruiting a better player. He gave NU the best chance to win and gave 100% effort every week. You cannot ask anything more of any individual player.
He gave NU the best chance to lose. I witnessed the Amart Era™ and can vouch for that. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there will never again be a QB at Nebraska who loses as much.

Stolen from another site:

High-Level Summary:

• Broke his jaw on the first drive of the Michigan State game. His life sucked afterward. Drinking steak through a straw. Felt like if they would've won that game their season would've been completely different... said "we're basically the same team." He'd never say bad things, but def salty vibes from the special teams snafu.
  • Michigan game was the most fun he's had playing in a football game. Thinks Aidan Hutchinson is impressive, but not THAT impressive. Ref told him after the fumble that he didn't know why no one blew the play dead, but it's not reviewable.
  • Poor locker room energy in the Purdue game, although he doesn't attribute the loss to that.
  • Got a high ankle sprain 4 days before the Minnesota game. That impacted the overall game plan, and he thinks it made a discernable difference.
  • VERY salty that Frost/ Gus Johnson spilled the beans on his broken jaw after the Ohio State game. He wanted the ability to tell that story himself. A lot of his family members didn't even know. Said he didn't think it was appropriate.
  • He feels responsible for Verdu getting fired. High tensions with Frost after the firings. Overall, said he did a good job explaining things, but it's a tough position. Some people understood, some people didn't.
  • Injured his shoulder/ labrum in the Wisconsin game right before the end of the first half. The second half was tough but still had a decent showing. Blamed his INT on the injury and wanted to get surgery ASAP after the game to save his NFL prospects.
  • He did test the NFL waters as part of his decision to leave NU. Made the decision to transfer to bolster his NFL prospects.
  • Needed a new opportunity, new scenery, new challenge.
  • Lots of love. Gave examples of security people hugging him, wishing him well, etc. He claims Frost wanted him to stay.
  • Coming back just didn't feel right. Too much baggage. The relationship had naturally concluded. Better for both him and Frost.
  • All the NU socials unfollowed him immediately lol.
NFL? If you can't get it done throwing against college defenses you are delusional to think there is a chance in the NFL. I can't imagine he'd even be a free agent signing. The social media thing is just petty on his part.
Despite the inflated stats from being QB for 4 years I would not rank AM among the 20 best QBs in NU history.

NFL? If you can't get it done throwing against college defenses you are delusional to think there is a chance in the NFL. I can't imagine he'd even be a free agent signing. The social media thing is just petty on his part.
Despite the inflated stats from being QB for 4 years I would not rank AM among the 20 best QBs in NU history.
He's got to be among the worst.

Two words. Gill. Berringer. Gill and Berringer NEVER EVER got the deer in headlights look though that I saw so often from Adrian.

100%. I would also add guys like Eric Crouch and Taylor Martinez to the aloof, laid-back QB's that were very successful here.

AM failed because he couldn't process information fast enough to go through progressions in the passing game and he couldn't make plays when it mattered. If he won games the narrative would be that he is cool under pressure and impossible to rattle. Just like the in your face, yelling and screaming QB's. If they win they are fiery competitors and natural leaders, if they lose they can't control their emotions and are bad teammates.

He made his decision all things considered. Coaching turnover was one of those things. You know what wasn’t the case? Your assertion that he was kicked out and wasn’t welcome back. The “only possibility” according to you because you just want to believe it.
every decision made by Trev directly led to AM feeling unwelcome and looking elsewhere before the season ended, with zero lifeline from his biggest supporter and fan, Scott Frost, who he says asked him back despite plenty of "baggage" (his word) between the two

if that's not getting kicked out, I don't know what is

I will add there is a 0% chance Whipple comes here if AM were still on the roster

Idk about 100% effort

Reactions: Baxter48
Trev fired his QB coach 2 weeks prior to AM making "his call" to leave

AM then stated repeatedly how difficult that was for him

if you think his decision was made entirely in a vacuum & without influence from Trev's decisions about the future of NU football, what's it like living on a planet inhabited by only yourself?
This is a solid point. AM should have been doing cartwheels knowing that we hired an OC that knows how to develop quarterbacks for the league, something he stated he wants. His statements and actions don't add up.

This is a solid point. AM should have been doing cartwheels knowing that we hired an OC that knows how to develop quarterbacks for the league, something he stated he wants. His statements and actions don't add up.
Exactly. Instead of playing for a guy who developed a likely top 5 pick in this year’s draft, he’s “choosing” to go play for first-time OC and fellow crappy passer Colin Klein.

😂😂😂

Reactions: drubendall
Moving on from this gentle young man. Good luck to him. The disastrous era is hopefully over.

I couldn’t
Why is it that 50 years later, us NU fans, and college football fans around the country are still reminded of Johnny Rodgers punt returns against OU and Alabama for touchdowns?

Why can us fans still remember Tommie shaking off tacklers against Florida in '95, over 25 years ago?

Because those plays mattered, in games that meant championships.

I'll wait for the AM fans to include a video of a play of his that us fans will be talking about 25-50 years from now.

There is zero chance Trev Alberts had anything to do with NU social media accounts unfollowing Martinez haha

Reactions: jsachisler
Why is it that 50 years later, us NU fans, and college football fans around the country are still reminded of Johnny Rodgers punt returns against OU and Alabama for touchdowns?

Why can us fans still remember Tommie shaking off tacklers against Florida in '95, over 25 years ago?

Because those plays mattered, in games that meant championships.

I'll wait for the AM fans to include a video of a play of his that us fans will be talking about 25-50 years from now.
i see my comment went way over your head

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT