ADVERTISEMENT

AM Podcast on 2021 & Leaving NU

Let me explain my comment for you. He said he COULD care less, which implies he does care. I said I COULDNT care any less about a player who transferred away because he wasn’t promised his starting spot.
I don't think everyone on here writes or comprehends every word "literally."
Beside, your comment/opinion or my comment/opinion are irrelevant to ourselves and others.

Words and phrases are taken out of context on this forum a hundred times daily.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
It's been said many times, but the truly great ones hate losing more than they love winning. We haven't had a team full of those guys for a long time.
I agree…but that is not born into everyone. That is where a coach instilling the culture comes in to play. In theory, a winner like Scott Frost should be able to do that as well as anyone. Here’s to hoping he is learning on the job.

Say what you want about AM, he's not the reason for 4 straight losing seasons. SF was the HC and the person responsible for W/L at Nebraska the last 4 years.

Say what you want about AM, he's not the reason for 4 straight losing seasons. SF was the HC and the person responsible for W/L at Nebraska the last 4 years.
if every NU player functioned like AM last year at their position, I think we would have won alot more.
but NU qb position carries a lot of praise or condemnation, especially in frosts system...

Stolen from another site:

High-Level Summary:

• Broke his jaw on the first drive of the Michigan State game. His life sucked afterward. Drinking steak through a straw. Felt like if they would've won that game their season would've been completely different... said "we're basically the same team." He'd never say bad things, but def salty vibes from the special teams snafu.
  • Michigan game was the most fun he's had playing in a football game. Thinks Aidan Hutchinson is impressive, but not THAT impressive. Ref told him after the fumble that he didn't know why no one blew the play dead, but it's not reviewable.
  • Poor locker room energy in the Purdue game, although he doesn't attribute the loss to that.
  • Got a high ankle sprain 4 days before the Minnesota game. That impacted the overall game plan, and he thinks it made a discernable difference.
  • VERY salty that Frost/ Gus Johnson spilled the beans on his broken jaw after the Ohio State game. He wanted the ability to tell that story himself. A lot of his family members didn't even know. Said he didn't think it was appropriate.
  • He feels responsible for Verdu getting fired. High tensions with Frost after the firings. Overall, said he did a good job explaining things, but it's a tough position. Some people understood, some people didn't.
  • Injured his shoulder/ labrum in the Wisconsin game right before the end of the first half. The second half was tough but still had a decent showing. Blamed his INT on the injury and wanted to get surgery ASAP after the game to save his NFL prospects.
  • He did test the NFL waters as part of his decision to leave NU. Made the decision to transfer to bolster his NFL prospects.
  • Needed a new opportunity, new scenery, new challenge.
  • Lots of love. Gave examples of security people hugging him, wishing him well, etc. He claims Frost wanted him to stay.
  • Coming back just didn't feel right. Too much baggage. The relationship had naturally concluded. Better for both him and Frost.
  • All the NU socials unfollowed him immediately lol.
I come away from this info very irritated that Scott Frost kept trotting Martinez out when he was so hurt. If Scott did not have any other option than that is on him too.

Frost needs to reclaim enough respect and leadership that he doesn't have to worry about the delicate feelings of average players questioning how and when he chooses to discuss injuries with the media. For 4 years Frost has kept injury and after injury quiet with Martinez, only to have the guy throw him under the bus for mentioning the jaw injury. I have to think that Frost must be a bit perturbed by this interview. Hopefully Frost learned a lesson here; worry about your team first and individual players second.

I come away from this info very irritated that Scott Frost kept trotting Martinez out when he was so hurt. If Scott did not have any other option than that is on him too.
I've been saying for months. McCaffrey sucked and so does Smothers. That's not on AM. AM was an average QB and everybody else on the roster is below average. Hopefully Thompson is a great QB

I've been saying for months. McCaffrey sucked and so does Smothers. That's not on AM. AM was an average QB and everybody else on the roster is below average. Hopefully Thompson is a great QB
In the only game Smothers played meaningful snaps in he was 16/22 (73%) and ran for 64 yards. He had an INT and fumble and took a safety, the latter I put squarely on Frost. Not a great day for his first start against the #16 team at the time, but not a performance that "sucked".

Reactions: BrighteRed24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT