ADVERTISEMENT

Am I allowed to complain?

resdog851

All-American
Dec 30, 2003
Papillion, Nebraska
It is probably just the change of board formats combined with it being out of season, but I have to complain a little.
Lately it seems this board really sucks, and guys posting all kinds of boring threads and continuing common trends that weren't really funny the second time somebody did it. I'm talking to you "Are we not talking about" guys.

It seems as if the reason this board has become VERY stagnant is we are not allowed to actually talk about what we love to talk about without being deleted or highly censored. I am talking about Husker Talk. That IS what this board is all about right? In the old days, I remember reading inside stuff that didn't appear in the papers for...a couple days. Now this board deletes any talk that isn't deemed proper for publication tomorrow morning in every paper in the state. There is a reason this board is dying. Just saying.

Having said that, I really wanted to respond to the Husker Captain post, but for some reason it got locked. Nate Gerry is one of the good guys. I disagree with those that seem to think he is dogging it or is a pussy. Ronnie Lott wouldn't have made the tackle in space against Melvin Gordon in that debacle against the Badgers.

That is all. Thoughts?

BTW, save your posts about paying for premium. I can find insider stuff elsewhere if I try. I like this board. It is really trying my patience though.

What's trending is the NHL and NBA finals. Honestly, there's not a lot of Husker stuff going on right now. We're less than a 100 days away from football, but that is almost a third of the year. It usually sucks somewhat until fall camp. Can't do much about that. You might as well yell at those teenagers to stay off your lawn.

Reactions: legomanyacts
It is probably just the change of board formats combined with it being out of season, but I have to complain a little.
Lately it seems this board really sucks, and guys posting all kinds of boring threads and continuing common trends that weren't really funny the second time somebody did it. I'm talking to you "Are we not talking about" guys.

It seems as if the reason this board has become VERY stagnant is we are not allowed to actually talk about what we love to talk about without being deleted or highly censored. I am talking about Husker Talk. That IS what this board is all about right? In the old days, I remember reading inside stuff that didn't appear in the papers for...a couple days. Now this board deletes any talk that isn't deemed proper for publication tomorrow morning in every paper in the state. There is a reason this board is dying. Just saying.

Having said that, I really wanted to respond to the Husker Captain post, but for some reason it got locked. Nate Gerry is one of the good guys. I disagree with those that seem to think he is dogging it or is a pussy. Ronnie Lott wouldn't have made the tackle in space against Melvin Gordon in that debacle against the Badgers.

That is all. Thoughts?
I always welcome a great conversation/debate and I think I can speak for the rest of the mods in that they will agree with me. It's the constant bitching and complaining that is getting deleted. People can talk about all the HUSKER stuff they want but when it resorts to name calling and constant bickering is when I usually step in. We get a lot of complaints about that and when we do try and follow the rules then others get upset. It's a fine line we have to walk.

My apologies if my part in the thread led to it being locked. It is not what I intended, I was just stating a viewpoint. While I believe we have some need to grow, I sincerely believe this season and beyond will be great for Nebraska football. I look forward to seeing the entire team improve as I think we will and I am excited for it to happen. Here's to the next chapter for the Cornhuskers and I hope Gerry and the other captains can lead this team back to the standard of excellence Nebraska should maintain.

It's actually seemed to me that the mods have been looser with some stuff lately which I think has led to some solid discussion on here. As has been said before...not really much football to talk about right now...outside of analyzing which breakfast cereal Riley prefers...most ground has been covered at this point.

Reactions: legomanyacts
It's actually seemed to me that the mods have been looser with some stuff lately which I think has led to some solid discussion on here. As has been said before...not really much football to talk about right now...outside of analyzing which breakfast cereal Riley prefers...most ground has been covered at this point.

Hasn't it been thoroughly covered that Riley prefers quiche???

oHKC.gif

Just spitballin here...but maybe you could (in no particular order)

1. Not open an obvious OT thread
2. Start your own thread talking about what you wish to talk bout that's Husker related
3. Find another board that better suits your purpose
4. Start your own web-site with all things dedicated to Husker football and run your own message board
5. Check out from this place until the season gets a little closer

Nothing here has changed, it always gets a little slow and OT during the off season, and the above was typed with no ill will meant. I enjoy reading your stuff, please don't be offended. I just find what you did to be a little odd, it's the off season, the same thing happens every off season, and by starting a thread to complain you added to the very problem you are complaining about. BTW, the movie your screename is molded after kicks ass and I need to see it again.

That is all. Thoughts?

That is all. Thoughts?

Not sure who is deleting threads about Husker talk that you refer to. I personally have not done it and have not seen it. Like you, I have grown tired at some of the OT posts and threads which would be better served elsewhere. We are trying to be more lenient in this regard but it is apparent it is not working. As soon as a thread is locked, someone thinks it is cute to just start another one. I think a lot of this has to do with it being the off season. I know from personal experience when I start threads on Husker football there will be 6- 10 responses. If a thread is started about most OT subjects there will be 20+ responses. The season can`t get here soon enough.

The board doesn't seem as active since the format change. Maybe that scared some people off.

Summer camps just starting and should lead to some commits. Who knows, maybe a depth chart will be released prior to fall camp.

I figure some people took the free months subscription offer after the spring game. Otherwise, I figure people are finding the "human interest" stories more interesting.

Summer camps just starting and should lead to some commits. Who knows, maybe a depth chart will be released prior to fall camp.

I figure some people took the free months subscription offer after the spring game. Otherwise, I figure people are finding the "human interest" stories more interesting.

Riley said to look for a depth chart in early August.

This board is a microcosm of the current state of our society. We gravitate towards those who think like us and push the others away. It happens with politics...it happens with the slant of news we prefer...it happens with churches...it happens with the websites we visit...it happens here. As each Husker board becomes more and more homogeneous (and as that homogeneity is enforced by the powers that be) the conversation on each site becomes more and more boring.

The ignore function on this board is outstanding...really good...I would think from May-August pretty much any discussion would be allowed as long as it doesnt get in the personal attack area ....not too much Husker news is gonna happen for awhile so open it up for current events if need be

Well, if I posted 'OT: North Carolina athletics' instead of 'Are we not talking about North Carolina athletics', would that have made the board sooo much better? Like most have said, it's the off-season, so it is going to be slow around here. Thought that was a fairly major story in NCAA. Sorry for posting it and making this board suck that much more. Seriously, are you one of those blue-hairs that tell people to 'sit down' at a game? I think litespeed's post was pretty spot-on. Be part of the solution, not a crybaby whiner.

I think part of the problem is the basic setup of this board. There is a Basketball Board, a Baseball Board and a very generic 'Husker Board' where pretty much everything, including baseball and basketball get discussed. What's the point of a baseball and basketball board when it gets discussed on the 'Husker Board' anyway? And why not a specific Football Board? Many people have asked for a separate OT board over the years, but to no avail. So OT topics will always wind up on 'Husker Board' instead. I frequent phog.net for my KU needs and I like that setup so much better: 'Football Board', 'Basketball Board', 'Other Sports Board', a 'Politics Board' and an OT Board, 'The Ape Room.' The Ape Room is a great place. No idea why it's frowned on here. Posts go where they belong and people can gravitate to the forums they are interested in and not have to wade through the junk that annoys them as much.

IMO, this board has been on a very slow decline over the years. This has been going on long before they rolled out the new format. Also, it seems like some of the more active posters have been absent lately. Maybe some people are in 'timeout'? I don't remember seeing any board suicides recently.

Sorry if I upset or offended anyone with the post. I enjoy this board. Some people suffer from seasonal mood disorder in the winter. I think I may suffer from Husker Football Offseason disorder. I get a little grumpy during the offseason.

BTW, I didn't think it was OT. I felt since it dealt with the Husker Board and Husker Football, it was just a topic. The season needs to start yesterday.

Well, if I posted 'OT: North Carolina athletics' instead of 'Are we not talking about North Carolina athletics', would that have made the board sooo much better? Like most have said, it's the off-season, so it is going to be slow around here. Thought that was a fairly major story in NCAA. Sorry for posting it and making this board suck that much more. Seriously, are you one of those blue-hairs that tell people to 'sit down' at a game? I think litespeed's post was pretty spot-on. Be part of the solution, not a crybaby whiner.

I think part of the problem is the basic setup of this board. There is a Basketball Board, a Baseball Board and a very generic 'Husker Board' where pretty much everything, including baseball and basketball get discussed. What's the point of a baseball and basketball board when it gets discussed on the 'Husker Board' anyway? And why not a specific Football Board? Many people have asked for a separate OT board over the years, but to no avail. So OT topics will always wind up on 'Husker Board' instead. I frequent phog.net for my KU needs and I like that setup so much better: 'Football Board', 'Basketball Board', 'Other Sports Board', a 'Politics Board' and an OT Board, 'The Ape Room.' The Ape Room is a great place. No idea why it's frowned on here. Posts go where they belong and people can gravitate to the forums they are interested in and not have to wade through the junk that annoys them as much.

IMO, this board has been on a very slow decline over the years. This has been going on long before they rolled out the new format. Also, it seems like some of the more active posters have been absent lately. Maybe some people are in 'timeout'? I don't remember seeing any board suicides recently.

I got all butthurt a few years ago with everyone on here using the term butthurt. Keep up the good posts. I like reading yours.

Sorry if I upset or offended anyone with the post. I enjoy this board. Some people suffer from seasonal mood disorder in the winter. I think I may suffer from Husker Football Offseason disorder. I get a little grumpy during the offseason.

BTW, I didn't think it was OT. I felt since it dealt with the Husker Board and Husker Football, it was just a topic. The season needs to start yesterday.

I'm not offended. It's just the off-season. It happens every year.

Reactions: resdog851
Eveybody has a complaint about something and everybody being complained to wants the complainer to quit complaining.
Round and round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT