ADVERTISEMENT

Alternates for 2019

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
What’s your preference?

I want to see a Red Metallic helmet with a white N on the sides that the athletic department uses on our apparel and a chrome face mask..

Red Jersey with Huskers in cream scripted on front of the Jersey...

And Cream colored pants with out
or with a couple of red strips..

8 weeks to Kickoff and a month away from fall camp...

Last edited:
No alternates this year. I believe it was Sam Mckewon or one of those guys who announced a few weeks ago. However he also said the "they will have a 3rd jersey option that they can wear whenever they want". Being he said jersey and not uniform, I assume that means just jersey and that the helmets and pants will not change. A black uniform, with red or white numbers, is the only thing I can think of that would make sense.

Last edited:
No alternates this year. I believe it was Sam Mckewon or one of those guys who announced a few weeks ago. However he also said the "they will have a 3rd jersey option that they can wear whenever they want". Being he said jersey and not uniform, I assume that means just jersey and that the helmets and pants will not change. A black uniform, with red or white numbers, is the only thing I can think of that would make sense.

What.. When did this news come out?

And why Black when it isn’t a school color?

Reactions: saluno22
Yep, it was announced a couple weeks ago. I will see if I can find the tweet. Not sure if it will be black or not. Just a guess.

Well if quoted a 3rd jersey option could only mean a home jersey because you can’t wear a dark colored (Red or Black) jersey unless the home team decides to wear white like Oregon did in Eugene in 2017..

I’m hoping it isn’t black and another design in red which would be more appropriate in my opinion...

Well that sucks if there going to be black..

If it is similar, I’m thinking the strips are like the home reds and away whites...

Very disappointed that there not going to have a helmet change this year wanted to see a red helmet..:(

Maybe this will give them a opportunity to wear red pants for a home game which would be cool.

If it is similar, I’m thinking the strips are like the home reds and away whites...

Very disappointed that there not going to have a helmet change this year wanted to see a red helmet..:(
Agree. Wish it was a 3rd uniform option. Not just the jersey

Reactions: scarletred
all red at home would be cool, I liked when we would wear all white on the road when we had pant stripes

now without them it'd probably be too much white

Devaney made it and intended it to be Go Big Red! Not go big white..

Devaney made it and intended it to be Go Big Red! Not go big white..

giphy.gif

I prefer the uniform that will allow them to win more games than the last two years. I am more worried about who is in the uniform.

The only time a uniform is a truly a big deal is when someone chooses to wear a uniform to serve/protect our country.

1090602.jpg

Last edited:
No just on this subject:Cool:

You weren’t around when Bob roamed the sidelines so you wouldn’t know the story..

I wasn't around when we dropped the bombs on Japan, either. Traditions are passed down & there are these things called books that exist. You know, to tell stories for those not around. Any lifelong, born & raised, third generation Nebraskan knows the story of Go Big Red. And how that fatass Barry Alvarez co-opted it to Wisconsin.

I liked when we wore these and don't exactly think we were pissing on Coach Devaney's grave when we did. My opinion, that's all.

9777389-ncaa-football-music-city-bowl-tennessee-vs-nebraska.jpeg

Now that we've gotten rid of the pant stripes, I don't think we can bring them back, though. Too much white, probably, though I wouldn't mind if we tried with red accessories.

I prefer the uniform that will allow them to win more games than the last two years. I am more worried about who is in the uniform.

The only time a uniform is a truly a big deal is when someone chooses to wear a uniform to serve/protect our country.

1090602.jpg
I think we are all in agreement that don't help a team win or lose. I don't think many of us care what the uniforms look like as long as wins are coming. They are simply something to talk and make conversation about during a long off season.

Reactions: scarletred
I think we are all in agreement that don't help a team win or lose. I don't think many of us care what the uniforms look like as long as wins are coming. They are simply something to talk and make conversation about during a long off season.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have been a member of this site since June 2001 and always wondered what was going on when these type of topics come up during the offseason. Winking

source.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
I wasn't around when we dropped the bombs on Japan, either. Traditions are passed down & there are these things called books that exist. You know, to tell stories for those not around. Any lifelong, born & raised, third generation Nebraskan knows the story of Go Big Red. And how that fatass Barry Alvarez co-opted it to Wisconsin.

I liked when we wore these and don't exactly think we were pissing on Coach Devaney's grave when we did. My opinion, that's all.

9777389-ncaa-football-music-city-bowl-tennessee-vs-nebraska.jpeg

Now that we've gotten rid of the pant stripes, I don't think we can bring them back, though. Too much white, probably, though I wouldn't mind if we tried with red accessories.
See, the all-white uniforms have turned my off because of the "surrender whites" moniker. We seem to lose more often than win with the all-white unis.

I know I'm going to forget a bunch of games, these are the ones that stick out to me...

1991 (L) vs. Georgia Tech in the Citrus Bowl (Georgia Tech won the MNC)
1992 (W) at Missouri (Frazier's first start)
1992 (L) at Iowa State (Osborne's only loss to a team that finished with a losing record)
2007 (L) at Colorado (Callahan's last game)
2016 (W) at Northwestern (alternate uniforms, not the traditional white jerseys and pants)
2016 (L) vs. Tennessee in the Music City Bowl (your photo above)

1992 Washington in Seattle lost 29-14.

Pelini had us wear all white at Fresno St and won 55-19.

Riley lost in MiamI wearing all white 36-33 in OVT, lost to Illinois 14-13 and beat Minnesota 48-25 in 2015..

Thanks for clearing that up. I have been a member of this site since June 2001 and always wondered what was going on when these type of topics come up during the offseason. Winking

source.gif
Yet your previous comment suggested this topic annoys you. As I am assuming you are in the camp of keep everything the same forever.

our decrease in winning performances has been a bigger affront to our traditions.

See, the all-white uniforms have turned my off because of the "surrender whites" moniker. We seem to lose more often than win with the all-white unis.

I know I'm going to forget a bunch of games, these are the ones that stick out to me...

1991 (L) vs. Georgia Tech in the Citrus Bowl (Georgia Tech won the MNC)
1992 (W) at Missouri (Frazier's first start)
1992 (L) at Iowa State (Osborne's only loss to a team that finished with a losing record)
2007 (L) at Colorado (Callahan's last game)
2016 (W) at Northwestern (alternate uniforms, not the traditional white jerseys and pants)
2016 (L) vs. Tennessee in the Music City Bowl (your photo above)
2016 alternates at NW were awesome!

Reactions: saluno22
Yet your previous comment suggested this topic annoys you. As I am assuming you are in the camp of keep everything the same forever.

I am in the camp of just win games. I don’t care about alternate uniforms and the football program doesn’t care about our opinions regarding this topic. By the way...

assume_2.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE="TFrazier, post: 5272503, member: 258"]I am in the camp of just win games. I don’t care about alternate uniforms. By the way...

assume_2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
As is EVERYONE. Hence why I said alternate uniform discussions are a fun way to pass the time in the off season. You don't like alts, congrats. Most fans, players, and coach do. For those of us that do, it is fun to discuss what options could be used for an alternate. We all understand the uniform does not make a team win.

I do like the uniform discussion

My favorite Husker alt? These beauties:
597a2309be2e8.image.jpg

Looked great, absolutely loved them. Should consider making these our base uniform with the 'big hole' look. It'd be a nod to greatness past while also making us standout a little in a world of futuristic-looking new kits/alts.

597a2309be2e8.image.jpg

Looked great, absolutely loved them. Should consider making these our base uniform with the 'big hole' look. It'd be a nod to greatness past while also making us standout a little in a world of futuristic-looking new kits/alts.

My personal favorites were the ones Nebraska wore from 1968-1974.;)

Which when we play OU next year and the year after, we could very well see them again.

1090602.jpg
I have one problem. I never liked the Ice Cream vendor unis the CG went to in the early 70s. I liked the Donald Duck hat we wore with the Navy type uniforms and the bird sh*t on the sleeve. Just me, I guess.

597a2309be2e8.image.jpg

Yeah I thought those were very sharp looking..

This says nothing about helmets. Only thing mentioned is jerseys. They could have 3 or more helmets all we know.

What.. When did this news come out?

And why Black when it isn’t a school color?

Live RSS Chat Live RSS Chat: June 25
Any news on alternative jerseys for any games?
Post by: Cornhuski, Jun 25, 2019 in forum: Red Sea Scrolls

Replying modestly.....I was just bored and trying to come up with something interesting to ask for RSS Chat....actually do NOT like some of the jerseys other schools wear (yes - Iowa and OU) and wanted to get yore thoughts. Got around 30+ likes for the post so feel some of you must be interested.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT