ADVERTISEMENT

Alternates for 2019

Live RSS Chat Live RSS Chat: June 25
Any news on alternative jerseys for any games?
Post by: Cornhuski, Jun 25, 2019 in forum: Red Sea Scrolls

Replying modestly.....I was just bored and trying to come up with something interesting to ask for RSS Chat....actually do NOT like some of the jerseys other schools wear (yes - Iowa and OU) and wanted to get yore thoughts. Got around 30+ likes for the post so feel some of you must be interested.

OU Red wood helmets with the cream strip are very cool, those would look good on us or something similar...

At least Iowa’s alternates doesn’t make them look like the copy cat Steelers...

No alternates this year. I believe it was Sam Mckewon or one of those guys who announced a few weeks ago. However he also said the "they will have a 3rd jersey option that they can wear whenever they want". Being he said jersey and not uniform, I assume that means just jersey and that the helmets and pants will not change. A black uniform, with red or white numbers, is the only thing I can think of that would make sense.
so....um.... isnt that basically the definition of ALTERNATE? Something outside of the normal uniform.

so....um.... isnt that basically the definition of ALTERNATE? Something outside of the normal uniform.
Yes and no. Typically in years past alternates are dealing with a different whole uniform, jersey, pants, and helmet redesign. From my understanding the design of the helmet and overall uniform is staying untouched from the normal. The only different is the jersey color will be changed and can be worn whenever. The new jersey color will now be part of the normal uniform, same as red and white are now. Now if by jersey they mean whole uniform. Then yes it is technically an alternate.

See, the all-white uniforms have turned my off because of the "surrender whites" moniker. We seem to lose more often than win with the all-white unis.

I know I'm going to forget a bunch of games, these are the ones that stick out to me...

1991 (L) vs. Georgia Tech in the Citrus Bowl (Georgia Tech won the MNC)
1992 (W) at Missouri (Frazier's first start)
1992 (L) at Iowa State (Osborne's only loss to a team that finished with a losing record)
2007 (L) at Colorado (Callahan's last game)
2016 (W) at Northwestern (alternate uniforms, not the traditional white jerseys and pants)
2016 (L) vs. Tennessee in the Music City Bowl (your photo above)

We beat Fresno State wearing them a couple years ago.

Hint: Superstition is goofy. I like the all-whites.

Sick Hate looking like Penn St or texass on the road away from home..:mad:

I like looking distinctive, be that an alternate uniform entirely or mixing up the away uniforms. The only reason why I wouldn't include all red uniforms is the one or two times the team did that, they looked like they were wearing Yosemite Sam's pajamas.

Reactions: Bold Words
Dudznsuds, as far as I know the only time Nebraska has wore all red uniforms was in 1986 against Oklahoma...

They may have worn red jerseys and pants sometime in the 1930’s or 40’s but I’ve only seen black and white pictures only assuming they looked like red jerseys and pants..

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Dudznsuds, as far as I know the only time Nebraska has wore all red uniforms was in 1986 against Oklahoma...

They may have worn red jerseys and pants sometime in the 1930’s or 40’s but I’ve only seen black and white pictures only assuming they looked like red jerseys and pants..

and these abominations
28568454994_bb6074b554_o.jpg

268Illinois-Nebraska-Football.jpeg

I think this is what you're referring to:
All%20Red.jpg2.jpg

look pretty good!

So its sounding like we're expanding our regular uniform range from Red jersey, white pants, White jersey, red pants (away), and now a third option permanently? I kind of like that! It's an update but not 10 new combinations.

I wonder what they'll go with?

and these abominations
28568454994_bb6074b554_o.jpg

268Illinois-Nebraska-Football.jpeg

I conceder these 2 alternate uniforms and not our normal jersey and pants..

I like the one on top more than the duck tape uniforms.A matte helmet doesn’t look good in red like a metallic one would..

So its sounding like we're expanding our regular uniform range from Red jersey, white pants, White jersey, red pants (away), and now a third option permanently? I kind of like that! It's an update but not 10 new combinations.

I wonder what they'll go with?
I assume it is permanent. If indeed we are not changing the pants and helmets, which is sounds like we aren't. So that means red and white pants only and standard white helmet with red N. There are not to many option to go with red and white pants. The only thing that would make sense/ match would be black. Maybe silver/ grey?
He said jersey. To me that means just the shirt. However maybe he meant it as whole uniform. If that is the case. Then anything could happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
A Cream color uniforms like OU has done would also be a cool option but that would mostly work for away games and even I :) would approve them over the all whites...

A Cream color uniforms like OU has done would also be a cool option but that would mostly work for away games and even I :) would approve them over the all whites...

I actually agree with that 100%. I really liked OU's alternates; they were an update to their look that somehow still looked very...classic.

We should do the same thing.

Have we heard any word about when this 3rd Jersey will be shown to the public? I want to say in years past the alt jerseys were shown towards the end of July, beginning of Aug. So I am assuming it will be the same with these.

Have we heard any word about when this 3rd Jersey will be shown to the public? I want to say in years past the alt jerseys were shown towards the end of July, beginning of Aug. So I am assuming it will be the same with these.

Yeah you're right. The first week of August sounds right.

I wanna see them too!

Yeah you're right. The first week of August sounds right.

I wanna see them too!

Hope we’re all not going to be disappointed.

Reactions: husker2612

I don't think I will be. I thought last years alternate uniforms were probably our worst yet, but they still wound up looking ok. I like traditional as well as some of the newer, flashier stuff. I have a feeling they are going to go flashy with these new alternate jerseys (and probably incorporate black into it somehow, as it's the only other color remotely associated with the team), but hey, who knows?

If they suck, then I would assume we won't see them more than once this year. Im going to guess they will keep them pretty traditional but just go with an all black jersey. I know I have posted this one before, but if we could do something like these for a 3rd any time option, would be cool. Doesn't get too crazy. Keeps it simple yet different. Again, from my understanding the helmet and pants are not changing just the jersey so I don't see this as an option. Maybe similar jersey with white pants and normal helmet. could probably make red pants work with this also.
a930dd7008695c4d609b599cefadf31c.jpg

Have a feeling the jersey will look something like these, only with 2 white stripes on the arms
nebraska-football-mixing-black-into-the-huske-L-RtR0iN.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Doniphan89
If they suck, then I would assume we won't see them more than once this year. Im going to guess they will keep them pretty traditional but just go with an all black jersey. I know I have posted this one before, but if we could do something like these for a 3rd any time option, would be cool. Doesn't get too crazy. Keeps it simple yet different. Again, from my understanding the helmet and pants are not changing just the jersey so I don't see this as an option. Maybe similar jersey with white pants and normal helmet. could probably make red pants work with this also.

Have a feeling the jersey will look something like these, only with 2 white stripes on the arms

Yeah! I kind of like this, by the way.Or maybe have white pants with black jerseys and red and white details, leaving the white helmets in place. Something along the lines of that one alternate we wore when we lost to UCLA, but just...less shitty.

Don’t care for either one.

A red helmet would look better with having a black jersey instead of original white helmet.

your idea of bringing back the '60s look gets my vote.. those would be sharp

I'm not a big fan of the black particularly

I'd like to see a fans picked and a team picked. Make it a big hubbub. Get some sponsorship behind it. Put a poll online and watch all the non Husker fans vote for the crappiest one.

I'd like to see a fans picked and a team picked. Make it a big hubbub. Get some sponsorship behind it. Put a poll online and watch all the non Husker fans vote for the crappiest one.
Noooooo!!! I don't want the people in this state picking anything. Remember those ugly license plates from a few years ago?

Maybe this will give them a opportunity to wear red pants for a home game which would be cool.
I’m still scarred from the all red units... mostly because of late game visions of Huskers chasing OU’s Jackson down the sideline. One of th most deflating and choke jobs I’ve witnessed in Memorial Stadium.

I’m still scarred from the all red units... mostly because of late game visions of Huskers chasing OU’s Jackson down the sideline. One of th most deflating and choke jobs I’ve witnessed in Memorial Stadium.

The no call on Jackson offensive pass interference on Broderick Thomas near the OU sidelines was a real killer and ended up helping the Sooners comeback win..

Even though they were alternates Nebraska has won both of their all red uni’s...

Have way too many bad loss memories with Nebraska wearing the surrendering white’s than just that one tough loss to OU that day.

I could post all the bad memories but I WON’T.

Reactions: saluno22
Figured I would let everyone know there is still no official word on new uniforms. Sorry if anyone thought this post might have been the official word RollingLaugh;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT