ADVERTISEMENT

Alternates for 2019

I like them because they finally hit the right balance: They kept the design fairly traditional (solid jersey, white pants), but they let the freak flag fly with the black color (which almost nobody wears as a dominant color) and skull and crossbones Blackshirts logo and black and white helmet.

I like them because they finally hit the right balance: They kept the design fairly traditional (solid jersey, white pants), but they let the freak flag fly with the black color (which almost nobody wears as a dominant color) and skull and crossbones Blackshirts logo and black and white helmet.

Yep. Only thing I would have done differently is kept the red N and put red stripes down the pants, but that is nitpicking. I like em.

Now, can some other posters please confirm, these are not a one-off design for just this year, but a permanent third option as an alternate going forward from now on?

I have no problem with the jerseys, I don’t get the white helmet and black N and black strip and the only red is the chin straps:rolleyes: Ohhh brother..

Would have looked much better with a Red helmet similar to my avatar with those black jerseys...

I don’t like the white helmet with no red on it..

Now, can some other posters please confirm, these are not a one-off design for just this year, but a permanent third option as an alternate going forward from now on?

If they do keep the uniforms for more than a year, I hope they change the helmet or just wear our original ones..

Just not a fan of a white and black helmet.:confused:

Reactions: NikkiSixx
How about the helmet in my avatar with those Black jerseys..

We don’t need a white Helmet with these jerseys..
I have always like the idea of using that style of N on the helmet. We use it in 99% of everything else.

I have always like the idea of using that style of N on the helmet. We use it in 99% of everything else.

Agree with you at least for one game or on occasions... I know the Iron N has been along standing emblem of our football program from practically the beginning of time through out our history...

The Husker cursive blood writing would also look cool on the front of the jersey...

Agree with you at least for one game or on occasions... I know the Iron N has been along standing emblem of our football program from practically the beginning of time through out our history...

The Husker cursive blood writing would also look cool on the front of the jersey...
Change is good

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...all-alternate-uniforms-Blackshirts-134703184/

HELLS yeah. I think that is yet another thing Frost learned at Oregon and implemented at UCF. Sometimes, it's ok to take pride in the bells and whistles. Having a Blackshirts-referencing alternate be a permanent addition to the team uniform is a fantastic idea. Having an Away version sounds badass too. What would that be? Black pants, white/grey/red jersey with the skull and crossbones prominently displayed as it is now?

I love the new uni, I’m stoked that they FINALLY did a black alternate, I am with the posters I think they should have done something different with the helmet, I’m thinking more of a flat black or flat red with the stripe and the N similar to scarlet red’s avatar the only thing I’d do different is tilt it a little more so it fits better on the side of it... but man it’s nice... and I’m sending eye rolls to those that sit there and say “but it’s go big red” ughhh change is good and let’s get some hype behind our d maybe it will help bring some pride back for them

Reactions: blackbones
I love the new uni, I’m stoked that they FINALLY did a black alternate, I am with the posters I think they should have done something different with the helmet, I’m thinking more of a flat black or flat red with the stripe and the N similar to scarlet red’s avatar the only thing I’d do different is tilt it a little more so it fits better on the side of it... but man it’s nice... and I’m sending eye rolls to those that sit there and say “but it’s go big red” ughhh change is good and let’s get some hype behind our d maybe it will help bring some pride back for them

finally? this is their 3rd black alt attempt

You know what... you’re right, my bad I forgot about the other ones.... I guess I’ll say finally they got the black one right
I had forgotten about 2015 because it was so mediocre. Could've been good but the shiny numbers ruined it because I couldnt hardly read them in the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT