ADVERTISEMENT

After 2 weeks, pick the final BIG 10 West standings

OK I'll bite....

1. Northwestern - Fitz has this team playing well and believing
2. Wisconsin - I think there is enough talent left for Chryst to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the division.
3. Nebraska - I think they have some playmakers on O and D, but I also think their OL is mediocre at best. They aren't as bad as they looked vs BYU, not as good as they looked against a terrible S.Alabama team.
4. Iowa - Iowa's OL is a lot better than I anticipated and that should give Hawkeye nation hope. Lack of a big playmaker on offense will hurt the team down the stretch. Really have played as a team so far.
5. Minnesota - I think Kill is a good coach, but I am not sold on Minnesota. I think as the season goes on, they take a step back.
6. Illinois - has the offense to pull some upsets, but defensively?
7. Purdue - They seem improved, but it might not be enough to make a difference.

Nebraska has a good shot to win it this year. Wisconsin's schedule makes it real easy for them, but I don't think their ceiling is very high this year. Minnesota & Iowa have a chance if they continue to improve. I'll be nice and include Northwestern in that 3rd tier.

1 Nebraska
2 Wisconsin
3 Minnesota/Iowa/Northwestern
Lurk

Doubt it really matters who wins. None of those teams could beat tOSU or MSU. My guess is Wisky wins it though.

I am sure Arkansas thought that about Toledo, too. Haha! College football anything can happen on any given Saturday. My guess would be the team with the best shot at knocking off OSU in the title game would probably be Minny just solely based on their scrappy style and how they played OSU last year.

Carry on then. Your belief in doom and gloom is starting to sway me to that type of thinking. I don't know if I can watch another dumpster fire game under HCMR.

Okay, I'm praying every day - sometimes up to 4 or 9 times a day - that coach Riley can win at least 4 games.

Why don't you go back to the national message board and ask idiot questions like why does MSU get away with playing in a dimly lit stadium with basically black jerseys? Your idiot speak is getting old.

This will be the only time I address you. First thing, I have never met a Husker fan in person that has acted like you are trying to act. Husker fans are classy folks, so don't give them a bad name. Its odd what the internet can do to people. Also, if you don't like my threads, or my posts, DONT READ THEM. I like Nebraska and enjoy talking football with Nebraska fans and I have every right to be here. So again, don't give your excellent fans a bad wrap just because you are on the internet.

1. Nebraska (7-1)- I think Nebraska will just keep getting better every week with Riley, and I like having Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa at home. Minnesota will be the toughest division game to win. The only conference loss will be to Michigan State.
2. Wisconsin (6-2)- They play easy crossover games is why I have them ahead of Minnesota. I think their only losses will be at Nebraska and at Minnesota.
3. Minnesota (5-3)- I think Michigan will get vengeance this year, they have to go to Ohio State, and Nebraska squeaks one out at the end.
4. Northwestern (4-4)- I believe that Fitz team is better but still not good enough for the top three. They don't have the depth like the other three teams and the last couple years they were banged up.
5. Iowa (4-4)- I'm not drinking the Hawkeye Kool-Aid yet. I'm predicting that Iowa falls apart late in all four games vs Wisconsin, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Nebraska.
6. Illinois (1-7)- The only win coming from Purdue.
7. Purdue (0-8)- The coach probably won't make it the whole season.

This will be the only time I address you. First thing, I have never met a Husker fan in person that has acted like you are trying to act. Husker fans are classy folks, so don't give them a bad name. Its odd what the internet can do to people. Also, if you don't like my threads, or my posts, DONT READ THEM. I like Nebraska and enjoy talking football with Nebraska fans and I have every right to be here. So again, don't give your excellent fans a bad wrap just because you are on the internet.
+1

Reactions: hawkit3113
I am not into what ifs' All I know is Iowa matches up VERY well against Wisconsin. And MSU for that matter. It seems that all 3 schools commit to a style of play when they play each other. And Minnesota is kinda following that mold.

Your point and argument is silly, because all you are trying to do is compare Iowa to Alabama. Pretty weak man. Most teams aren't going to win that comparison. We don't play Alabama so we will never know. We played Wisocnsin last year, and pretty much every year, so that is a better comparison. Don't you think?

Look, you guys got destroyed by them last year and a couple of times in the past. Iowa doesn't. So for me to draw Nebraska into a comparison between Iowa and Wisconsin would be as stupid as bringing Alabama into the conversation. You see what I am saying? Because Nebraska plays us very well. How teams match up with Alabama is pointless. Its how they match up against each other.
Good point. Iowa has shown more than Wiskey

Yet you come here and diss Husker fans, how cliché. Nice of you to side step your "lame" comment and your even greater idiot comment on the national board about Michigan State.

Maybe I should be sad that this is the only time you will address me, but I will get by. Take your rhetoric back to your hawk board where you and your ilk understand what it is to dumb down when you open your thoughts on the internet. I've seen plenty of snide comments from you geared towards Nebraska on the national board, so please, spare me your "don't give them a bad name bullshit," idiot.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Good point. Iowa has shown more than Wiskey
What hàs Iowa shown exactly? They beat an FCS school and the worst power five school in the country. They tease Iowa state about treating their game like the super bowl. The hawks sure our proud of their victory.

What hàs Iowa shown exactly? They beat an FCS school and the worst power five school in the country. They tease Iowa state about treating their game like the super bowl. The hawks sure our proud of their victory.

I wouldn't say ISU is the worst power five school in the country. I'd put them ahead of Kansas right now. :)

Your right 3113 you are more than welcome here

Reactions: hawkit3113
I wouldn't say ISU is the worst power five school in the country. I'd put them ahead of Kansas right now. :)

Haha.. True.. KU is just flat out bad. Man.. Their team summed up:

giphy.gif

This weekend will be a very good indicator for the contenders and pretenders in the West. Iowa, Nebraska, IL, and Northwestern will know a lot more about themselves.

Also, to the other poster, don't come on here and tells lies about me. Like I go to another board and bash Nebraska. I am one of the biggest advocates for Nebraska's success on that board. For a couple reasons. First off, I like Nebraska. Second, Nebraska is the only blue blood in the West and Iowa needs to hitch its wagon to Nebraska's brand and bring the national exposure back to the Black Friday slot. Nebraksa has a huge national brand and Iowa needs to piggyback off that brand. Also, all the Nebraska posters on that board know that and are my friends. And we poke fun at each, especially around the last week of the season. That is what friends do.

And I will gladly tag: So Cal Corn, Joebagadonuts, Bruce1981, HuskerinTN, BigRedBigTen, Bill Callahan 2.0, travis, BleedRed89, xxbleedredxx, nupist, rick, JP, and many others just to prove you are lying about me. But I don't think we need to go that far.

BTW, I am riding a little high on Iowa, but its not because we beat Iowa St, its because of what I am seeing. Consistency. Something we have lacked in the couple of years. Consistent running game. Consistent passing game. And consistent defense. Plus, overcoming adversity. We took ISU best punch and didn't fold, like we usually do. We kept fighting, hung in there, and put the pressure back on them and eventually wore them down.

Io_a fans since it was announced NU joining the B1G...

2011 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished 4th)
2012 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished last)
2013 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished "tied" 2nd)
2014 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished 4th)
2015 - Io_a is the best in the division (TBD)

I don't even know if that loser program has a winning conference record since 2011.

Reactions: Bugeater
Io_a fans since it was announced NU joining the B1G...

2011 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished 4th)
2012 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished last)
2013 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished "tied" 2nd)
2014 - Io_a is the best in the division (finished 4th)
2015 - Io_a is the best in the division (TBD)

I don't even know if that loser program has a winning conference record since 2011.

Hell yeah! Laughing

I don't think there is any doubt Iowa has disappointed. But lets not paint with a board brush. Do you really think every Iowa fan expected to win the division all those years? You are listening to the loudest ones, or the ones who annoy you. I get it, some of you don't like Iowa. So you use generalizations of the fanbase. Its common practice when you don't like someone.

I don't think there is any doubt Iowa has disappointed. But lets not paint with a board brush. Do you really think every Iowa fan expected to win the division all those years? You are listening to the loudest ones, or the ones who annoy you. I get it, some of you don't like Iowa. So you use generalizations of the fanbase. Its common practice when you don't like someone.

It works both ways... Iowa Rivals board has fans saying Nebraska fans saying they would win the B1G right out of the gate..... I never heard any Husker fans saying we would win the Big 10 with easy when we entered this conference.

Reactions: MVLisHawk
It works both ways... Iowa Rivals board has fans saying Nebraska fans saying they would win the B1G right out of the gate..... I never heard any Husker fans saying we would win the Big 10 with easy when we entered this conference.

That is why I never post over there. I have this week, and the basketball board seems ok, but there are some serous assholes over there too.

Some are either crazy with their prediction, totally negative about anything Hawkeye, know it alls, haters of other programs, etc.........

I have never wanted to punch someone so bad one a message board than I have over there.

And you are 100% correct. There is a small group that make shit up over there. No Nebraska fans were saying they were going to dominate. At least the ones I know and read. That is BS.

But lets not paint with a board brush. Do you really think every Iowa fan expected to win the division all those years? You are listening to the loudest ones, or the ones who annoy you. I get it, some of you don't like Iowa.

Every Io_a fan that visited here the last four years has ran his mouth non-stop. This is the only year this forum hasn't been flooded by dipshit Io_a fans. Matter of fact, you may be the only one that hasn't done such a thing over the years. They don't annoy me and I have no problem with Io_a. My FIL is a life-long Io_a fan, a good friend of mine has a kid currently playing for Io_a, two former players of mine actually played for Io_a many years ago and someone that works for me played at Io_a.

This is such a stupid and ignorant comment.

Northwestern has no chance because their offense is terrible and they have a tough schedule.

One could say the same for the above comment.

And the O isn't terrible (have a pretty good run game), just the passing game w/ a RS frosh at QB (hopefully, he'll get better as the season progresses).

If I were a Wisky fan, I'd have been pretty encouraged by Stave's performance vs Bama. Their defense is still the top unit of any offensive or defensive unit in the division. If we get the OL to at least a respectable level, our offense should be the 2nd best unit.

Wisky's D is good, but might not be the best in the West.

As for Stave, he has looked pretty decent this season thus far and against 'Bama (but at the same time, 'Bama's secondary isn't what it once was - but still, it seems like Stave has a couple of nice targets to throw to).

4. Northwestern (4-4)- I believe that Fitz team is better but still not good enough for the top three. They don't have the depth like the other three teams and the last couple years they were banged up.

The 'Cats have plenty of depth on D - esp. the D-line (rotating 10-11 players) and the secondary.

The fact that they had so many injuries the past 2 seasons meant that a lot of young players got experience (and these young players are from the best 2-consecutive recruiting classes the 'Cats have had).

If the 'Cats had (a healthy) Siemian, they would be the favorite to win the West, but w/ an inexperienced QB, will need him to keep the mistakes down and hope the run game and D would be enough to get it done.

No she doesn't

I couldn't stop being a Hawkeye fan and start being a Husker fan just like you couldn't stop being a Husker fan and start being a Hawkeye fan.
But then again, a lot of women don't take this stuff so serious. My wife is originally from Washington, and used to be a Husky fan. Now she is a Hawkeye fan.

I couldn't stop being a Hawkeye fan and start being a Husker fan just like you couldn't stop being a Husker fan and start being a Hawkeye fan.
But then again, a lot of women don't take this stuff so serious. My wife is originally from Washington, and used to be a Husky fan. Now she is a Hawkeye fan.

I think his wife is happy as hell she isn't an Io_a fan anymore. Probably sucked bad for her growing up living in that hell only to be shown the light years later. Good for her, she is free to be a fan of the better school.

I think his wife is happy as hell she isn't an Io_a fan anymore. Probably sucked bad for her growing up living in that hell only to be shown the light years later. Good for her, she is free to be a fan of the better school.

Whatever you say bud. Maybe you too can someday get out of your moms basement and find a woman you can convert into a Husker fan.

That is why I never post over there. I have this week, and the basketball board seems ok, but there are some serous assholes over there too.

Some are either crazy with their prediction, totally negative about anything Hawkeye, know it alls, haters of other programs, etc.........

I have never wanted to punch someone so bad one a message board than I have over there.

And you are 100% correct. There is a small group that make shit up over there. No Nebraska fans were saying they were going to dominate. At least the ones I know and read. That is BS.
Ummm..no. Yes, I have seen it on Iowa's boards as well as from some friends that are Nebraska fans. Do you listen to 1620? Plenty of fans on there said that Nebraska would own the Big 10.

Ummm..no. Yes, I have seen it on Iowa's boards as well as from some friends that are Nebraska fans. Do you listen to 1620? Plenty of fans on there said that Nebraska would own the Big 10.

Yeah and coming in we were told by Iowa fans they were "bullies of the Big Ten." Bullies with a record under .500 that is....

Reactions: leodisflowers

The only place I heard it was on our board. Do we get 1620 in the Quad Cities?

That was only in baseball where a comment like that was made by Nebraska fans and I believe the term was "own" the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT