ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Martinez Method Again

I am not saying I am not hyped about him coming here. I think for the long haul he is more important than McCord.

If you held a gun to my head and said pick

McCord
Kaelin

Raiola
No one else

If I am the coach I'd probably go the McCord/Kaelin route. Do I think Raiola has the most potential, hell yes I do. I also know that so did Fidone... but injuries happen right. So having a serviceable backup is more important to the program in my honest opinion.
Can't argue with any of that, but in addition to what DR brings to the table as a QB, consider this......

He will drag elite players with him, at least IMHO. Players a year below him will want to play with/for him, so that redounds to the second (possibly third) year after he commits. Once he commits, he immediately raises the prestige of NU to CFB, and that notoriety is worth its weight in gold. Finally, his commitment would give NU the inside track to his younger brother, who by accounts I've read, is elite as well. So, there's more to him committing to NU than just his play.

Sunny Day
Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get?
How to get to Sesame Street
Come and play
Everything's A-OK
Friendly neighbors there
That's where we meet
Can you tell me how to get
It's a magic carpet ride
Every door will open wide
To happy people like you
Happy people like
What a beautiful
Sunny Day
Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Sesame Street...
How to get to...

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
We're talking about the #1 QB recruit in the nation. A player that Nebraska would NEVER be in the conversation for if it weren't for his last name. I'd much rather McCord move on than to hear the same about Raiola. I literally can't believe that people are sour right now instead of deliriously happy that this kind of program changing talent is still in play for us.
McCord only has 1 year, Riola has at least 3 if he wants to turn pro after 3 or come back for his 4th. And be in a playoff with a chance to play for the NC game. It’s a no brained Riola is the right guy here.

It’s better for the staff to lie and say McCord is a guarantee starter? The staff is transparent and honest - if they couldn’t give him the guarantee I would rather they tell him that and be honest about where they see him. I’m sure they aren’t issuing guarantees to DR but he likely isn’t afraid of competition.
yes, he the guaranteed starter till he's not...it's how you define what a guaranteed starter is..I'd define it as no L's, no turnovers, and following the law, and getting good grades, being at meetings and such

yes, he the guaranteed starter till he's not...it's how you define what a guaranteed starter is..I'd define it as no L's, no turnovers, and following the law, and getting good grades, being at meetings and such
So tell McCord he’s guaranteed and tell DR he can compete for number 2?

So tell McCord he’s guaranteed and tell DR he can compete for number 2?
no lie, and play whichever one is better, players lie all the time..commited/decommit/comitted..etc..

Last edited:
I am not saying I am not hyped about him coming here. I think for the long haul he is more important than McCord.

If you held a gun to my head and said pick

McCord
Kaelin

Raiola
No one else

If I am the coach I'd probably go the McCord/Kaelin route. Do I think Raiola has the most potential, hell yes I do. I also know that so did Fidone... but injuries happen right. So having a serviceable backup is more important to the program in my honest opinion.
Then you’d get shot because you picked incorrectly

1. I haven't played a video game since Bill Walsh Football on Sega in 1996

2. I agree with what Laner2 said, as I may be jumping the gun as it hasn't all played out yet

3. If we don't take another quarterback and Purdy leaves. How we looking? This is about the Team and covering all your bases. If we take Kaelin or another Portal QB as I have already said I will retract my complaint
They haven't rescinded Kaelins offer. Whether he is N or not is entirely up to him. To entertain the notion that the coaching staff should shut the door on the most prolific passing quarterback recruit we will ever have a chance at in order to bring in a quarterback who won't even be big 10 ready for 2 years at least for depth purposes tells me you need to calm the **** down. Go sniff some glue and calm down. Most of us thought McCord was the starter year 1 and Raoila would redshirt. For NIL, playing time or other reasons, that isn't happening. Everything you would do, would be a fireable offense. Not to mention if this turned out into Joe Burrow part 2, we would never recover outside transferring Osborne's soul into a 25 year old and tell him to get working on the power running game.

Then you’d get shot because you picked incorrectly
you cant do that on television nicksplat GIF

I think McCord's dad is the one who ruined this. I'm guessing if he couldnt get a guarantee that his son would start, he was walking. And, I wouldnt put it psast him, to hold us hostage for more NIL mooney, probbly both. I read on the Ohio State Rivals board, that McCord's dad was a constant burr in Day's side, and he was more that glad to see him go. Dad wanted a guarantee of starting next year at OSU as well, and that's why they bailed Get the pattern?

Reactions: Laner2
You thinking that you know better than this coaching staff on how to handle this qb situation is absolutely hilarious 😂

a typical self-righteous husker fan..... the worst kind
I’m not saying you’re wrong here Gary but I’ve heard this same line of thought being thrown at Husker fans who were critical of decisions that every staff has made starting with Callahan. In hindsight, many of these fans who knew less about football than people like Callahan, Bo, Riley, and Frost had forgotten…..ended up looking like they were wiser. These coaches aren’t infallible and their decisions certainly can be questioned by everyday football fans. Coaches screw up all of the time. I would have taken any name drawn out of a hat from this board to manage the clock during games over Rhule in hindsight is one example.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Since OP wants to live in hypothetical situations.. hows this... FF 10 years from now after DR has been in the NFL and won 2 SB's.. was the numver 1 pick in the draft and he is sitting down doing an interview saying how he tried to reach back out to Rhule 1 week before signing day telling him he wanted to come to N and he told him thanks but no thanks.. how do you think that plays out. Similar to the Donavon McNabb story. Yeah we let Burrow go abd said no to another legacy recruit. You people need to let things play out man alive..

Reactions: bigboxes
Read my comments... it is about the coaching staff putting their eggs in one basket. No ONE player is worth it. I am done pitching about it, I believe he is a true talent. I also know it would be better for him to take a year take a step back and learn from a proven D1 winner at QB. It is not rocket science. This is not a knock on Raiola, but a knock on the coaches not recognizing how important both McCord and Raiola are
I don't think Rhule "put his eggs in one basket." I think he told McCord that he wouldn't guarantee him the starting position. He never told him that he didn't want him. I just don't think that rule wanted to sabotage his rebuild for just one player. It goes against his philosophy, which is to develop players and build a foundation for a winning program. I'm assuming that Kaelin heard that Raiola was going to flip. I can't blame Danny for leaving. It's not his best interest to stay and be the backup when he wants to be a starter somewhere.

You don't throw puzzle pieces into the trash because one puzzle piece is shiny and bright. Not saying I don't want Raiola, but you don't kick the other necessary pieces out because you got the one you were initially looking for.

McCord is 100% necessary, and if we lose him, Kaelin and Purdy is he really worth it? IMO no he is not, and I am tired of this BS
Martinez was not a problem as a freshman. You just need to develop guys. Your best year should not be as a true freshman.

I trust this staff to develop players far more than the last.

Just look at their hit rate on freshmen compared to Frost. Many more early contributors.

after this public barnstorming tour, the staff has put all its chips on new players playing QB moving forward.

despite the "development" talk out of the other side of their mouth.
But if,
1) Raiola commits to Nebraska
2) HH stays
3) Raiola gets injured and can't play

Our QB situation is still rock solid, right?

But if,
2) HH stays

we will have a chance to win more than we lose, yes.

But if,
2) HH stays

95% of teams can say if their starting QB gets hurt shit will probably hit the fan....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT