ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Martinez Method Again

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
You don't throw puzzle pieces into the trash because one puzzle piece is shiny and bright. Not saying I don't want Raiola, but you don't kick the other necessary pieces out because you got the one you were initially looking for.

McCord is 100% necessary, and if we lose him, Kaelin and Purdy is he really worth it? IMO no he is not, and I am tired of this BS

at this point it doesn't even matter if he's a bust, him signing elsewhere at this point would be a gigantic black eye on our coaching staff/NIL

You don't throw puzzle pieces into the trash because one puzzle piece is shiny and bright. Not saying I don't want Raiola, but you don't kick the other necessary pieces out because you got the one you were initially looking for.

McCord is 100% necessary, and if we lose him, Kaelin and Purdy is he really worth it? IMO no he is not, and I am tired of this BS
Did Rhule kick him to the curb? Why bring him in if that was the case? I don’t get this line of thinking. I just don’t.

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

It’s better for the staff to lie and say McCord is a guarantee starter? The staff is transparent and honest - if they couldn’t give him the guarantee I would rather they tell him that and be honest about where they see him. I’m sure they aren’t issuing guarantees to DR but he likely isn’t afraid of competition.

Waaaaahhhh! You're crying like a baby because we locked up a generational talent at the greatest position of need, and the "puzzle piece" couldn't handle the pressure of competition.

It’s better for the staff to lie and say McCord is a guarantee starter? The staff is transparent and honest - if they couldn’t give him the guarantee I would rather they tell him that and be honest about where they see him. I’m sure they aren’t issuing guarantees to DR but he likely isn’t afraid of competition.
No top Div IA school is going to tell him he is the starter day 1 without a competition. Make no mistake Ryan Day told him to consider his options since he wasn't guaranteed the starting role and he was considered the weakest link on an offense with 2 certain first round receivers and probably several first and second round OL and RBs.
This isn't sour grapes and I feel he would have helped us but all things considered I would rather have Raiola if I can only have one. I'd also like to keep Kaelin locked in. Redshirt one and let one be an immediate contributor.

Waaaaahhhh! You're crying like a baby because we locked up a generational talent at the greatest position of need, and the "puzzle piece" couldn't handle the pressure of competition.
I remember "Is he better than what we got?" Like it was yesterday. All the eggs went into the Adrian Martinez basket.

Just seems eerily similar

McCord - Ohio State Reject
Burrow - Ohio State Reject
Raiola - Mahomes Clone
Martinez - Mahomes Clone

Look I want Raiola to be everything what people expect him to be, but I also know that High School Football is not College, and I would prefer a proven commodity to lead our team next year to Teach Raiola how to be a Winner at the D1 level.

Hate me all you want, but that is what should happen. No one is saying Raiola is bad or don't want him. I am saying the coaching staff can't put all their faith in a HS quarterback.

Let's see what happens, I hope he is a Freshman All American! Just feels like deja vu all over again

Lots of other good QBs still out there. Don’t know if any would come here now but still a decent bunch available.

No top Div IA school is going to tell him he is the starter day 1 without a competition. Make no mistake Ryan Day told him to consider his options since he wasn't guaranteed the starting role and he was considered the weakest link on an offense with 2 certain first round receivers and probably several first and second round OL and RBs.
This isn't sour grapes and I feel he would have helped us but all things considered I would rather have Raiola if I can only have one. I'd also like to keep Kaelin locked in. Redshirt one and let one be an immediate contributor.
Any quarterback who doesn't want to compete and wants a guarantee they are going to start is a bitch and a loser no matter how talented they are. No thanks.

We're talking about the #1 QB recruit in the nation. A player that Nebraska would NEVER be in the conversation for if it weren't for his last name. I'd much rather McCord move on than to hear the same about Raiola. I literally can't believe that people are sour right now instead of deliriously happy that this kind of program changing talent is still in play for us.

I remember "Is he better than what we got?" Like it was yesterday. All the eggs went into the Adrian Martinez basket.

Raiola - Mahomes Clone
Martinez - Mahomes Clone

Look I want Raiola to be everything what people expect him to be, but I also know that High School Football is not College, and I would prefer a proven commodity to lead our team next year to Teach Raiola how to be a Winner at the D1 level.

Hate me all you want, but that is what should happen. No one is saying Raiola is bad or don't want him. I am saying the coaching staff can't put all their faith in a HS quarterback.

Let's see what happens, I hope he is a Freshman All American! Just feels like deja vu all over again
Apologies for being abrasive, no hate at all! An up to 4 yr player of his caliber is more important than a one year player that has certain limitations, and is one play away from exhausting eligibility. If the coaches had to pick one, they picked the right one.

Reactions: RedMyMind
We're talking about the #1 QB recruit in the nation. A player that Nebraska would NEVER be in the conversation for if it weren't for his last name. I'd much rather McCord move on than to hear the same about Raiola. I literally can't believe that people are sour right now instead of deliriously happy that this kind of program changing talent is still in play for us.
Read my comments... it is about the coaching staff putting their eggs in one basket. No ONE player is worth it. I am done pitching about it, I believe he is a true talent. I also know it would be better for him to take a year take a step back and learn from a proven D1 winner at QB. It is not rocket science. This is not a knock on Raiola, but a knock on the coaches not recognizing how important both McCord and Raiola are

Reactions: meo1960
Read my comments... it is about the coaching staff putting their eggs in one basket. No ONE player is worth it. I am done pitching about it, I believe he is a true talent. I also know it would be better for him to take a year take a step back and learn from a proven D1 winner at QB. It is not rocket science. This is not a knock on Raiola, but a knock on the coaches not recognizing how important both McCord and Raiola are
Cant let that happen. If they don't get to strut and preen while flashing green, F that shiz. Me me me me me.
We'd lose them.

Raiola - Mahomes Clone
Martinez - Mahomes Clone

Are 10 years old and a girl? Jesus get a grip.......quit living in the past😂😂 that's loser mentality

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
If Nebraska plays this right, it could catapult the program into the stratosphere like all of the other programs that have in recent years.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
You have zero actual knowledge that they’ve put their eggs in one basket.

I never saw why each QB would come here. McCord wants a starting job and DR wants a starting job. Apparently DK thinks he wants a starting job. No transfer portal QB is coming to Nebraska to be the back up

Raiola probably simply said I want a sincere competition for the spot and McCord flinched.

Oh and don't ever compare Martinez to Raiola again. They are not comparable. Not in rankings, not in potential and not in style

You thinking that you know better than this coaching staff on how to handle this qb situation is absolutely hilarious 😂

a typical self-righteous husker fan..... the worst kind

Wait for the deja vu when Raiola is hurt after starting and not being completely learned/ready. Should be lots of fun again. Go ahead. Laugh. And then tell me why this wouldn't happen. And after that, look at Nebraska football for the last 20 years.
As a New York Jets fan in addition to the Big Red....not sure I can handle another offseason of sky high anticipation, only to see it evaporate FOUR PLAYS INTO THE SEASON

I agree completely. Don’t even know why the coaches didn’t lock the door on McCord until they got a signature from him. Why these coaches even let him walk is beyond me.

It’s all on the coaches. :rolleyes:

You thinking that you know better than this coaching staff on how to handle this qb situation is absolutely hilarious 😂

a typical self-righteous husker fan..... the worst kind
I was right about Frost and his dunb ass decisions, and when I see a dumb decision I am going to call it out.

If Nebraska keeps Kaelin and takes a different portal QB. I will retract everything I said. If we do not take another QB in this class you can bet your ass I will call it an idiot move by the coach. It is not my first rodeo, and Nebraska's retention rate when things go south is not good.

As I said "brah" I hope Raiola is a All American and is successful from the get go. I don't like the odds based on history...

To the dude telling me not to compare... here's a couple articles for ya...

Adrian Martinez...

Dylan Raiola

Just because the comparison doesn't sit well with you doesn't mean jack shit to me. Articles that prove the same comparisons do mean something to me.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I was right about Frost and his dunb ass decisions, and when I see a dumb decision I am going to call it out.

If Nebraska keep Kaelin and takes a different portal QB. I will retract everything I said. If we do not take another QB in this class you can bet your ass I will call it an idiot move by the coach. It is not my first rodeo, and Nebraska's retention rate when things go south is not good.

As I said "brah" I hope Raiola is a All American and is successful from the get go. I don't like the odds based on history...

To the dude telling me not to compare... here's a couple articles for ya...

Adrian Martinez...

Dylan Raiola

Just because the comparison doesn't sit well with you doesn't mean jack shit to me. Articles that prove the same comparisons do mean something to me.
Fair enough and this not a shot at you, but here's what I believe.....

(1) DR played in the top class in GA, a state with more talent than most can imagine.
(2) His Oline was good for the rush and was hot garbage in pass pro.
(3) Here are his stats:
-- Passing yards>>>>> 2666
-- Passing TDs>>>>>>> 34
-- INTs>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1
-- Top rated QB in 2023
-- 63.2 completion average against some of the best prep DBs in the country

And this

So I'm actually kinda hyped about him coming to NU (allegedly).

(1) DR played in the top class in GA, a state with more talent than most can imagine.
(3) Here are his stats:
-- Passing TDs>>>>>>> 34
-- INTs>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1
-- Top rated QB in 2023

And this

The guy just wants to be mad. Matt Rhule is about to land the #1 QB in the class and he's still talking about Scott Frost. You're not going to reason with him.

(3) Here are his stats:
-- Passing TDs>>>>>>> 34
-- INTs>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1
-- Top rated QB in 2023

And this

I am not saying I am not hyped about him coming here. I think for the long haul he is more important than McCord.

If you held a gun to my head and said pick

McCord
Kaelin

Raiola
No one else

If I am the coach I'd probably go the McCord/Kaelin route. Do I think Raiola has the most potential, hell yes I do. I also know that so did Fidone... but injuries happen right. So having a serviceable backup is more important to the program in my honest opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I am not saying I am not hyped about him coming here. I think for the long haul he is more important than McCord.

If you held a gun to my head and said pick

McCord
Kaelin

Raiola
No one else

If I am the coach I'd probably go the McCord/Kaelin route. Do I think Raiola has the most potential, hell yes I do. I also know that so did Fidone... but injuries happen right. So having a serviceable backup is more important to the program in my honest opinion.
What makes you think Kaelin would be ready next season to step in and play better than what we have right now if McCord was injured.

Also, Martinez being compared to Mahomes is a joke

Hey everyone, you need to really listen to what big red22 is saying. He knows what he’s talking about, he coached 10 straight undefeated Championship seasons on EA Sports NCAA Football Dynasty mode.
1. I haven't played a video game since Bill Walsh Football on Sega in 1996

2. I agree with what Laner2 said, as I may be jumping the gun as it hasn't all played out yet

3. If we don't take another quarterback and Purdy leaves. How we looking? This is about the Team and covering all your bases. If we take Kaelin or another Portal QB as I have already said I will retract my complaint

Reactions: Laner2
What makes you think Kaelin would be ready next season to step in and play better than what we have right now if McCord was injured.

Also, Martinez being compared to Mahomes is a joke
Talk to Shatel in 2018 when Martinez's shit didn't stink

Kaelin would not be ready, but he would be better than nothing which is what we have now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT