ADVERTISEMENT

A little reminder

calhusker89

Junior
Jan 4, 2005
Nobody ever said that this was going to be anything but a rebuild year. Yeah we have all suffered for a long time, but that's not Rhule's fault! Jeff Sims was brought in because CT was out and HH and CP were not close to challenging for the starting spot. JS was supposed to compete with CT. However, CT didn't want to compete and bailed. So, here we are. In all honesty, we are a QB away from being 2-0. Most of us thought HCSF was the answer but we found out different. Let the season play out and give this staff some breathing room and save your emotional commentary. It's going to be a process as hard as that may be for you all. As a fan, I want a miraculous turnaround too, but as a coach, I know it's going to be a process.

Nobody ever said that this was going to be anything but a rebuild year. Yeah we have all suffered for a long time, but that's not Rhule's fault! Jeff Sims was brought in because CT was out and HH and CP were not close to challenging for the starting spot. JS was supposed to compete with CT. However, CT didn't want to compete and bailed. So, here we are. In all honesty, we are a QB away from being 2-0. Most of us thought HCSF was the answer but we found out different. Let the season play out and give this staff some breathing room and save your emotional commentary. It's going to be a process as hard as that may be for you all. As a fan, I want a miraculous turnaround too, but as a coach, I know it's going to be a process.
I said it would be more than a rebuilding year. Colledge football has changed for worse or better. Win now. Simms is worse then Zac Lee

I agree, the local media didn’t help one bit, they have convinced fans that we have talent especially on the offensive line. And the in turn get our expectations higher than what we should be

I agree, the local media didn’t help one bit, they have convinced fans that we have talent especially on the offensive line. And the in turn get our expectations higher than what we should be
Mid 3* are gonna mid 3*. It ain’t changing. We are Minn and Iowa. Accept it. Remember when we made fun of Minn for claiming chips in the 70’s. What do you think everyone does about Neb? Be honest and you won’t like the answer.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
We hired Rhule to rebuild the program so that's what he's here to do. Any thoughts of a decent season in year 1 are over. It's about getting better every game then getting a real QB in the portal.

Don't blame the media it sounds pathetic. What should they say ? Come on.

We hired Rhule to rebuild the program so that's what he's here to do. Any thoughts of a decent season in year 1 are over. It's about getting better every game then getting a real QB in the portal.
Most of the former Huskers I’ve listened to said the goal this year was a bowl game. 6 wins. I still think that’s possible if we change QBs

Most of the former Huskers I’ve listened to said the goal this year was a bowl game. 6 wins. I still think that’s possible if we change QBs
Could be. Have to quit turning the ball over, 4 TO per game so far. I'll believe it when I see it.

Rebuild is one thing but enough of the silly mistakes that even Junior High players can master. False starts in the Red Zone in particular. Throw the ball away if the play isn’t there. Basic handoff exchange. Why are these basic fundamentals so hard to master at DONU?

Rebuild is one thing but enough of the silly mistakes that even Junior High players can master. False starts in the Red Zone in particular. Throw the ball away if the play isn’t there. Basic handoff exchange. Why are these basic fundamentals so hard to master at DONU
Do you put any responsibility on the players? The false starts were by 2 Nebraska kids that should be better than that! I am sick and tired of people blaming coaching for player Fk ups! Do they need their asses wiped for them too?

We have enough pieces to win now and would be 2-0 if it weren't for 1 player that has left 20-24 points on the field, and given our opponents the same. Sims is doing things that I, and even the announcers of the last game have never seen before. We're cursed.

We look undisciplined and sloppy on O. Our offense is basically the opposite of what we were sold. We were told all this nonsense about protecting the ball. It's dysfunctional and it cost us a winnable game and a shot at a 2nd game. That is unacceptable. This isn't a throw away year. Losing hurts recruiting and player retention. Not to mention fan retention.

I'm hoping it was starting with 2 noisy away games that contributed greatly to the dysfunctional look of this year's team.

Imo, it's imperative the Huskers look competent & well-coached these next several home games. If we don't, and if Rhule would continue to play a turnover-prone QB the next time he gives away the ball, I think Rhule will lose a great deal of the hope & trust he built up in the off season.

I expected a somewhat competent looking team right out of the gate this year. A team that was well-practiced in the red zone and other game scenarios like we were told. Haven't seen it yet. Let's start Saturday.

We look undisciplined and sloppy on O. Our offense is basically the opposite of what we were sold. We were told all this nonsense about protecting the ball. It's dysfunctional and it cost us a winnable game and a shot at a 2nd game. That is unacceptable. This isn't a throw away year. Losing hurts recruiting and player retention. Not to mention fan retention.

Not sure about the bold part. Which may be part of the problem. Most programs that have gone through what we have for the last decade plus are facing half empty stadiums, merchandise sales plummeting, and donations drying up. Yet, here we are. They keep selling us shit and we keep buying it. Myself included.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not sure about the bold part. Which may be part of the problem. Most programs that have gone through what we have for the last decade plus are facing half empty stadiums, merchandise sales plummeting, and donations drying up. Yet, here we are. They keep selling us shit and we keep buying it. Myself included.
I know people who stopped going to games. I also know people who go to less games. I know personally I'm sick of paying a forced donation plus the cost of tickets to watch a terrible team year after year. I'm not doing that forever if Rhule can't show some hope. Although I can get behind a badass defense.

I know people who stopped going to games. I also know people who go to less games. I know personally I'm sick of paying a forced donation plus the cost of tickets to watch a terrible team year after year. I'm not doing that forever if Rhule can't show some hope. Although I can get behind a badass defense.

Yeah, I know there's been some falloff in terms of fan support. Myself included to some extent as well. It's more of a slow trickle than a flooding though. Or maybe a better way of putting it is that the falloff in fan support is not reflective of the falloff in product on the field.

I think as some fans get older, they start to dislike the losses more and more and so they do what you just said, they stop going to games or go to less games.

Then you have current students that stop going to all the games or go to less games.

Before you know it, the fan base starts to shrink a bit on both ends, the young and old.

Yeah, I know there's been some falloff in terms of fan support. Myself included to some extent as well. It's more of a slow trickle than a flooding though. Or maybe a better way of putting it is that the falloff in fan support is not reflective of the falloff in product on the field.
My fear is that the trickle will turn into a flood this year. And it might not be Rhule’s fault but it’s his responsibility. Tomorrow’s nights game is going to be very important for fan impact.

1 game at a time. Folks are too quick to wrap up this season, put a bow of shit on it and and label it a failure.

Okay, are we allowed to talk about the rest of the season if we're positive?

I'm not putting a bow of shit on anything. I still think we get 6 wins with a pretty legitimate shot at 8 or 9.

We were a tweak or 2 away from beating Minn...in Rhule's first game of the year...on the road and I think they're one of the top 3-4 teams we face this year.

Outside of Mich, the rest of our games are winnable. They're all less than or equal to Minn, which was winnable.

Do you put any responsibility on the players? The false starts were by 2 Nebraska kids that should be better than that! I am sick and tired of people blaming coaching for player Fk ups! Do they need their asses wiped for them too?
If you’ve followed any of my posts, I am highly critical of the players on the O-line. I hate saying this but graduation for some couldn’t come too soon! After 4 years they just don’t get it and make the same silly mistakes over and over.

If I’m critical of the coaching regarding this, it’s that they don’t yank these players.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I don't read the "local media" but I would say there were enough positive vibes right here on this board. Experience coming back key transfers and the future was bright.

What happened? Somewhere along the way, reality meets false expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT