ADVERTISEMENT

"A Good Steward to Resources"

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
Trev said this recently in commenting on the coaching search. Eichorst also said this prior to the Riley hire. I'm worried that this is veiled AD speak for, "We're looking for a bargain."
Does this worry anyone else, or am I just being a weak ass little biatch?

Reactions: Dylman and oldjar07
Trev said this recently in commenting on the coaching search. Eichorst also said this prior to the Riley hire. I'm worried that this is veiled AD speak for, "We're looking for a bargain."
Doesn’t worry me. NU fans would probably lose their sh## if we paid 20-30 M in buyout and gave somebody a Mel Tucker deal.

That was the second part of the quote after saying finances will not keep us from getting our guy.

I took it as a slight dig at Moos for the unearned extensions and absurd buyouts. Or at least as a generic "coachspeak" comment to placate the segment of the fanbase who faint at the idea of paying more than $750k for a coach (the kind of person that calls the show and talks about "The Nebraska Way").

That's exactly what it means. These administrative types never say anything directly. Reading between the lines, it's pretty clear what the statement means.

• Sad
Reactions: MargotDeeper
A good steward of resources to me means pay what you have to to get this right. Gonna be a lot more costly in lost resources if we don't start winning and winning big.....soon.

Donations and apparel resources have been suffering. Get this wrong and you ain't seen nothing yet.

Perhaps he is talking about not extending contracts and thus increasing buyouts while a coach is performing terribly like Moos did with both Hoiberg and Frost rather than talking about wanting to find a cheap head coach on the cheap.

Reactions: dinglefritz
After not being on the board for 1 year, and taking in all that has happened, I’m not worried about any AD speak on what we’ll pay the next head ballcoach. As long as Trev Alberts has learned from Texas A&M and Michigan State’s mistakes in overpromising & underdelivering to their fan bases, we’ll be OK in Lincoln America.

If there’s one thing I’ve noticed, it’s that Trev Alberts is putting on a PR clinic. That’s credit to the search firm he hired, too. None of the media actually know what’s going on, and it’s driving them all nuts. This is the first time since Oz or Bill Byrne that we’ve had a really smart AD who fits NU.

If there’s another thing I’ve noticed, it’s that it’s time to pony up – because Alberts has signaled to all candidates that we can.

I thought the same thing.....here we go......Trev's fvcking with the fans even more than this convoluted search has. Fvck Trev's cheap ass spend the millions OR be FIRED.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I hope you right and I'm wrong six ways to Sunday. This is no time to be tight as 2 coats of paint.
The firing of Frost is all the evidence you need to understand where Trev stands on the money. The comment about being responsible with our resources was for public consumption by tight asses like myself. He’ll pay up for the right guy but hiring a cheaper guy IMO would just mean that he thinks he’s the RIGHT regardless of the contract. I have a lot of faith in Trev’s competency. I can’t think of any of our ADs in modern history I would want making this decision over Trev. JMO.

In trevs defense he spent 7.5 million dollars just to fire a coach 2 weeks early. Not a very good steward decision though
The boosters were winning to pony up the money to buy out Scott Frost's contract. Only ones who lost money were some rich boosters with money to spend.

The boosters were winning to pony up the money to buy out Scott Frost's contract. Only ones who lost money were some rich boosters with money to spend.
I’m not sure it was that they were willing to give more money. Some of it was likely that if he didn’t pull the plug they were done giving. I believe both were in play. I was told one person with tremendous clout who had been opposed to firing Frost walked in to Trev’s box during or shortly after the Georgia Southern Game and said “it’s time”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT