ADVERTISEMENT

9 Wins Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never proposed the idea that Riley played a stronger schedule in 2015 than all years Bo Pelini coached at Nebraska. You did.

2015- 12 games 100-68
2009- 14 games 97-82

These stats must really make the pain flow??? 14 games and they couldn't even break a hundred... and they lost 82 games combined!!! Golden years of the Botard era. Lol!

Now you know why the Botards are so desperate??? They gotta keep the smoke and mirror show going to protect and prop up their boy. I wonder how many more secret meetings will be scheduled to stir the pot??? At least now the players see what happens when you stand with the Botards... You get bad advice and leave school early. And what happens when you stand with Riley... You get a combine invitation and light things up! Riley has the player's backs while the other side doesn't. How Vincent and Andy's story played out more then shown the light to whoever is paying attention.

These stats must really make the pain flow??? 14 games and they couldn't even break a hundred... and they lost 82 games combined!!! Golden years of the Botard era. Lol!
It's fun to watch you fail, and do so with such confidence.

You can't even answer the very question you posed to the board. Instead, being the power bottom you are, you just throw around copious amounts of lols and other ridiculous, teenage banter.

Answer the question, Power Bottom, otherwise you lose this one.

It's fun to watch you fail, and do so with such confidence.

You can't even answer the very question you posed to the board. Instead, being the power bottom you are, you just throw around copious amounts of lols and other ridiculous, teenage banter.

Answer the question, Power Bottom, otherwise you lose this one.

@OkeyDokeyNU
Maybe you need to help Botard find a few more wins to get to his magical 9 wins. A 5-6 record against inferior competition is baffling until you realize he's a Bipolar nutcase who sealed his own fate. By the way how's your homeboy coming along with his vacuum cleaner salesmen approach to recruiting??? Have you heard Riley's really tearing it up on the recruiting trail. It's all about trajectory in college football. Either your moving up or moving down... With Riley and Nebraska people are buying! With Botard people are flat running away in terror!
hi-res-26547db14df47f90589e9b518dd01bc4_crop_north.jpg

@OkeyDokeyNU
Maybe you need to help Botard find a few more wins to get to his magical 9 wins. A 5-6 record against inferior competition is baffling until you realize he's a Bipolar nutcase who sealed his own fate. By the way how's your homeboy coming along with his vacuum cleaner salesmen approach to recruiting??? Have you heard Riley's really tearing it up on the recruiting trail. It's all about trajectory in college football. Either your moving up or moving down... With Riley and Nebraska people are buying! With Botard people are flat running away in terror!
hi-res-26547db14df47f90589e9b518dd01bc4_crop_north.jpg
You really should change your name to "Red Herring." Because you sure suck at debating, and love to attempt to change the subject when you are losing an argument (which you started, by the way). You can't prove the very point your argument hinges on, so you start posting pictures of Bo Pelini?

Do you have any critical thinking ability whatsoever?

Allow me to answer the question you asked, and I know you wouldn't have asked it if you knew the answer: Nebraska's SOS ranked below our 2015 SOS in (1) time between 2008-2014. In fact, between the years of 2008-2014, Nebraska never came within 10 spots of our 2015 SOS ranking (50).

Do you still want to back up your claim? Using anything and everything, other than facts, statistics, and performance history? I can see why you love Riley, and have an entire hard drive folder dedicated to Bo Pelini pictures...

Last edited:
You really should change your name to "Red Herring." Because you sure suck at debating, and love to attempt to change the subject when you are losing an argument (which you started, by the way). You can't prove the very point your argument hinges on, so you start posting pictures of Bo Pelini?

Do you have any critical thinking ability whatsoever?

I know you trying to redirect but the fact is that Botard padded his resume against shamefully pitiful competition. It won't work cause I won't allow you to do it. For my god man...McNeese State???????

Yet again...
2009 14 games...97-82
2015 12 games...100-68

And Riley picked up Keyshawn Johnson jr! Smokin

I know you trying to redirect but the fact is that Botard padded his resume against shamefully pitiful competition. It won't work cause I won't allow you to do it. For my god man...McNeese State???????

Yet again...
2009 14 games...97-82
2015 12 games...100-68

And Riley picked up Keyshawn Johnson jr! Smokin
I'm stoked about KJJ. But I'm not stoked that you are a Husker fan. People like you make us look bad, because you can't back up the very sh** you talk.

You keep posting the 2009 vs 2015 combined records, yet, Nebraska's SOS in 2009 was #4, and in 2015? 50.

Back up your talk, and we wouldn't have a problem. But if you're going to continue to start fights, and then veer the conversation into something completely irrelevant and inconsequential, then keep doing what you're doing. Because you're bad at it, and I think you like it.

I hear a lot about them, but who are they exactly and how many actually exist? Is this a significant presence or urban legend? Somewhere in between?

I know that I appreciated the 9-win streak (more than most), but it wasn't enough to keep BO around. We need a higher ceiling that involves 11+ win seasons and winning some championships along the way. It seemed pretty obvious to me that BO needed to go.

Anyway, I'd rather not have a rehash of all that. But I would like to see if there really are posters who think BO's 9-win streak was enough to keep him around for Year 8. Step up and let me know you exist.

No

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
I'm stoked about KJJ. But I'm not stoked that you are a Husker fan. People like you make us look bad, because you can't back up the very sh** you talk.

You keep posting the 2009 vs 2015 combined records, yet, Nebraska's SOS in 2009 was #4, and in 2015? 50.

Back up your talk, and we wouldn't have a problem. But if you're going to continue to start fights, and then veer the conversation into something completely irrelevant and inconsequential, then keep doing what you're doing. Because you're bad at it, and I think you like it.

#4?????
Florida Atlantic 5-7
Arkansas State 4-8
Virginia Tech 10-3
Louisiana Lafayette 6-6
Missouri 8-5
Texas Tech 9-4
Iowa State 7-6
Baylor 4-8
Oklahoma 9-4
Kansas 5-7
Kansas State 6-6
Colorado 3-9
Texas 13-1
Arizona 8-5

If that's the fourth toughest schedule somebody's smoke'n some crack!

...and somebody's computer program needs to be smashed!

#4 that's laughable!

Yes, the original question was completely benign. Laughing

Well, I mean it was. HTO posted in another thread about a 9-win crowd. I'm not meaning to single him out because I have seen others state similar, but I wondered how many actually existed on this board. I have seen plenty of people who aren't blo-tards be accused of such just because: they don't think blo was the devil, or that blo actually had some good points to him (but not enough), or they are not sold on Riley, etc. You can have those feelings without thinking blo should have been here another year because he won 9+ per.

Next thing you'll tell me is that this girl the the fourth hottest girl in the country...
body_face_01.jpg

A butterface is still a butterface no matter how it's spun!

Next thing you'll tell me is that this girl the the fourth hottest girl in the country...
body_face_01.jpg

A butterface is still a butterface no matter how it's spun!
I stand corrected, Nebraska was #5 in 2009. I can admit my mistake, but you are somehow emboldened by your mistakes.

Have you had a vasectomy? Or are your spawn unfortunately already on the planet?

It's people like you who epitomize the notion that natural selection is no longer in play. I feel that if your trailer were on fire, you would go somewhere on the internet and post pictures of Bo Pelini.

Well, I mean it was. HTO posted in another thread about a 9-win crowd. I'm not meaning to single him out because I have seen others state similar, but I wondered how many actually existed on this board. I have seen plenty of people who aren't blo-tards be accused of such just because: they don't think blo was the devil, or that blo actually had some good points to him (but not enough), or they are not sold on Riley, etc. You can have those feelings without thinking blo should have been here another year because he won 9+ per.

My main point has always been that the nine win argument for Bo was a complete fallacy. In 2009 half of the teams he played didn't even have a winning record???

My main point has always been that the nine win argument for Bo was a complete fallacy. In 2009 half of the teams he played didn't even have a winning record???

I wouldn't say it's a complete 'fallacy' to have won 9+ for 7 straight years. You obviously are doing some things right to accomplish that. Most teams have schedules that have plenty of teams with losing records on it you know. He wasn't blown out every time we played a mediocre or a good team.

I guess I'm ok with listing out the pros and cons and determining that I think he should have been fired. I don't feel the need to embellish the negatives to make my case.

I wouldn't say it's a complete 'fallacy' to have won 9+ for 7 straight years. You obviously are doing some things right to accomplish that. Most teams have schedules that have plenty of teams with losing records on it you know. He wasn't blown out every time we played a mediocre or a good team.

I guess I'm ok with listing out the pros and cons and determining that I think he should have been fired. I don't feel the need to embellish the negatives to make my case.

I would be more inline with your thinking if not for listening to my little cousin talk about his experience with Pelini. Acting like a complete asshat to a ten year old is even more then I can bare. Then to listen to the apologists explain away his behavior for years was beyond infuriating. Sorry, but that bus left the station long ago.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, Nebraska was #5 in 2009. I can admit my mistake, but you are somehow emboldened by your mistakes.

Have you had a vasectomy? Or are your spawn unfortunately already on the planet?

It's people like you who epitomize the notion that natural selection is no longer in play. I feel that if your trailer were on fire, you would go somewhere on the internet and post pictures of Bo Pelini.

Number 5???? Lol! RollingLaugh
You need to check with Charlie before you run your mouth.

That's fair. If the 5-7 leads to 11+ win seasons (this remains to be seen), was the 5-7 worth it? I would venture to guess most people would say yes.

Tim, Hope you had a good winter. The Northwest got a lot of snow so skiing has been great. On to the Huskers. I break it down this way for next season; (I admit this is based on how teams were last year and haven't done any research yet on the upcoming season) Fresno, Wyo, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Maryland should be sure wins. I think the Ducks (another 5th year QB) and Buckeyes (at the Horseshoe) are mostly likely losses. That leaves 4 "Push" games; Northwestern, Wisky, Minn and Iowa. So our regualar season can go anywhere from another disappointing 6-6 season to a 10-2 season which will make everyone much happier

Number 5???? Lol! RollingLaugh
You need to check with Charlie before you run your mouth.
Charlie used a different rating service, and it's sad that you still can not admit you were wrong after looking at the SOS for years 2008-2015.

Let me guess, you will post an emoticon next, all while complete avoiding the fact that you were once again wrong with your argument? Yet, you just keep yapping...

When TO was here, 9 wins was just one of the things that the program was measured by. The other things were conference championships, national championships, competing in big games, all americans, academic all Americans, etc. When Bo was here, 9 wins was pretty much the only thing you could measure the team by.

Charlie used a different rating service, and it's sad that you still can not admit you were wrong after looking at the SOS for years 2008-2015.

Let me guess, you will post an emoticon next, all while complete avoiding the fact that you were once again wrong with your argument? Yet, you just keep yapping...

Is that you Mary Pat???
Make sure you get your hubby up and out the door with his meds...
my-pills-labeled1.png

P.S.
Make sure he doesn't wash it down with some Jack.

When TO was here, 9 wins was just one of the things that the program was measured by. The other things were conference championships, national championships, competing in big games, all americans, academic all Americans, etc. When Bo was here, 9 wins was pretty much the only thing you could measure the team by.
You give TO credit for academic all americans but give Bo no credit for his work in this area? Why would you not be fair to both?

WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 2014 11:35 AM
Nebraska was one of 13 FBS programs to earn public recognition from the NCAA Wednesday for recording a multi-year Academic Progress Rate score that ranks in the top 10 percent of the sport.

The Academic support system at Nebraska is second to none. Pelini does deserve some credit but not to the degree as you would think. Tom deserves the accolades because he helped put the system in place.

Curious what rating service you used... It seems to me that when rating sos, just about everybody uses Sagarin. How could Sagarin be so wildly different than the service you used?

Reactions: red rover 70
This will be my last post in this thread unless I'm agitated into a response from the 9 Win crowd.

Mike Riley's lower level out of Conference opponents(***vvv***)
Fresno State
Wyoming
Southern Miss
***vvvvv***
South Alabama

Bo's lower level Out of Conference opponents(***vvv***)
Wyoming
Southern Miss.
***vvvv***
Western Michigan
San Jose State
New Mexico State
Florida Atlantic
Arkansas State
Louisiana Lafayette
Western Kentucky
Idaho
South Dakota State
Chattanooga
Arkansas State
Idaho
South Dakota State
Florida Atlantic
McNeese State

South Alabama is the only opponent that Riley has faced out of conference that is at Bo's bottom feeder level. You better get to nine wins when you have five glorified scrimmages a year from 3 OoC and 2 IC play.

Last edited:
South Alabama is the only opponent that Riley has faced out of conference that is at Bo's bottom feeder level. You better get to nine wins when you have five glorified scrimmages a year from 3 OoC and 2 IC play.

You do realize Riley has only been here one year right? You also realize last year's schedule was already set when Riley was hired? Riley had 5 "glorified scrimmages" last year and ended up losing 2 of them (Purdue and Illinois). He also lost to multiple FCS teams during his last few years at Oregon State.

Riley's OOC opponents this year include Wyoming (2-10 last year) and Fresno (3-9). I'd call those bottom-feeders. And there are more bottom-feeders to come:
2017 - Northern Illinois and Arkansas State
2018 - Akron, Colorado, and Troy
2019 - South Alabama, Colorado, and Northern Illinois

Reactions: spinner4
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT