ADVERTISEMENT

5 STAR ERIK GILBERT COMMITS TO NEBRASKA

Why died he need a waiver?
I think because he's already transferred twice.

That being said, JT Daniels went to USC, then Georgia, then West Virginia and now he's at his 4th school. Rules should apply the same for everyone and the NCAA should be in no position to be denying kids the chance to play regardless if they became unhappy or whatever.

NCAA needs to be seen and not heard, they've had the gravy train for decades so they need to get on board the new train lest they get freight-trained themselves.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
If he can get his head on straight, he’s one of the best tightend’s in America. Also, if you follow UGA football at all, you know we have a first rounder in Brock Bowers and a potential first rounder in Darnell Washington, plus a complex offense. Tough situation for him.

Good luck to you guys…I think it’s safe to say you’ve gained a number of dawg fans that’ll be pulling for you.
Dawgs are reminiscent of the 90's Huskers. They'd beat teams by 28 and scare another 21 out of 'em.

I heard 2 years, so I hope you're right and I'm wrong. LOL
His first year was 2020, which didn't count because it was the COVID year. He redshirted in 2021 and played as a redshirt freshman in 2022. So, he has three years of eligibility remaining. Rivals reported that he has two years of eligibility remaining, but that is not correct.
https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Former-Georgia-tight-end-Arik-Gilbert-commits-to-Nebraska-203291642/#:~:text=Gilbert announced Thursday that he,to announce his transfer destination.

Last edited:
783czc.jpg
terrific stuff

Big time Tight End from Georgia.
We aren't done!

Not sure how the rule is, but he didn't play or practice for UGA in 21, could that count as a sit out year and he is eligible now? He only played in a couple of games at UGA IN 22.
He’s transferred twice in two years. That’s why he needs a waiver. I’d be surprised if he didn’t get them to waive it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He’s transferred twice in two years. That’s why he needs a waiver. I’d be surprised if he didn’t get them to waive it.
Smart indicated that he is supportive of the kid. Kirby has two NFL guys at TE and I assume good young ones on the roster. Gilbert can be a productive guy if he can get his mind right. The kids oozes athleticism.

If he can get his head on straight, he’s one of the best tightend’s in America. Also, if you follow UGA football at all, you know we have a first rounder in Brock Bowers and a potential first rounder in Darnell Washington, plus a complex offense. Tough situation for him.

Good luck to you guys…I think it’s safe to say you’ve gained a number of dawg fans that’ll be pulling for you.
His Mom and brother traveled to Lincoln and basically explained Arik wants to do the right things and get a degree. He admits he screwed up! So we'll see.

Reactions: BleedRed78
My biggest concern when Rhule was hired was not his coaching but rather his recruiting. I had no doubt he could coach but my questions were would he and his staff go after the big fish (like I've been begging for since Callahan was here)?

I am ecstatic to say that he and his staff have destroyed any concerns I previously had in that regard. I'm actually legitimately excited about Nebraska football for the first time since Frost was hired (not so much after the 2nd season). This has been an incredibly successful offseason and I'm stoked to see how things shape out in the coming seasons if this recruiting level is the new standard at Nebraska.

My biggest concern when Rhule was hired was not his coaching but rather his recruiting. I had no doubt he could coach but my questions were would he and his staff go after the big fish (like I've been begging for since Callahan was here)?

I am ecstatic to say that he and his staff have destroyed any concerns I previously had in that regard. I'm actually legitimately excited about Nebraska football for the first time since Frost was hired (not so much after the 2nd season). This has been an incredibly successful offseason and I'm stoked to see how things shape out in the coming seasons if this recruiting level is the new standard at Nebraska.
You better believe!! Things are happening overnight

That being said, JT Daniels went to USC, then Georgia, then West Virginia and now he's at his 4th school. Rules should apply the same for everyone and the NCAA should be in no position to be denying kids the chance to play regardless if they became unhappy or whatever.

NCAA needs to be seen and not heard, they've had the gravy train for decades so they need to get on board the new train lest they get freight-trained themselves.
Because going to Nebraska is his 2nd transfer. LSU->UGA—>NU

Maybe Rhule's Nebraska can become the rehab destination for 5-star players who didn't cut it at their previous school just like Saban's Alabama now is the rehab destination team for ex-head coaches who didn't cut it at their schools.

Not sure how the rule is, but he didn't play or practice for UGA in 21, could that count as a sit out year and he is eligible now? He only played in a couple of games at UGA IN 22.
I would think that should be a redshirt year unless he's used it as far as eligibility. But transfer/eligibility could be different. Not sure how many waivers ncaa has ever denied

Rightly or wrongly, the NCAA has "loop holes" which are applied to some transfers. If you say you were racially bullied or have health (mental) problems at your current school for example, you can get a waiver even if you transferred before.

he just needs to focus any mental problems on opposing defenses..
problem solved
next!

Highest graded TE recruit in the last 20 years. Saw a story on ESPN about him. Had numerous "issues" at LSU and Georgia. If he gets his shit together, he could be special.
114th highest ALL TIME recruit in 247 database. ALL TIME ANY POSITIONS. If its about projected talent or potential, 247 thinks he is an all time great type talent.

Rightly or wrongly, the NCAA has "loop holes" which are applied to some transfers. If you say you were racially bullied or have health (mental) problems at your current school for example, you can get a waiver even if you transferred before.
Justin Fields when he was at Georgia comes to mind.

Reactions: king_kong_
Rhule has a masters in Educational Psychology. It is the same degree Tom Osborne achieved both a masters and doctorate in.
Did I read somewhere that Recruiting Analyst had a degree in Uneducational Transference of Performance Non-Evaluation?

It's a degree program for those who are overeducated for their intelligence.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Yeah.. they ranked #26 in recruiting .. I had a hard time going higher than that, but they have been crushing the portal and late undecided recruits .. like I said, I was wrong

And I don’t compare Rhule to Frost. Tallest midget or smartest retard comes to mind ..
I get you…. And I’m still cautious…. BUT I’m so impressed with the grind…☺️
Dawgs are reminiscent of the 90's Huskers. They'd beat teams by 28 and scare another 21 out of 'em.
GREAT line!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT