ADVERTISEMENT

4 star RB N!! Jamarion Parker

Your posting style suggests you do hold grudges. I’m not the only one you continuously name call and cajole, even when it isn’t reciprocated. I’ve responded in kind a few times, simply out of frustration.

Because I am a constant target of your ire, I do get snarky with you. It really shouldn’t surprise you. You want me to stop the snark? If you stop with the name calling it just might help.
Lately I've been getting harassed for every single on topic comment I make. And bitches like leodisflowers specifically wait until I make an on topic comment so that they can disparage it. And then you timnsun feel the need to pile on for some reason. That pattern has been very common lately. I haven't even posted a whole lot lately. I'd like for nothing more coming back from a break or during the off-season than to start with a clean slate. I have no ire against you. I'd have no ire against leodisflowers if he just stopped responding to and disparaging my posts. If you feel I'm mean to you, it's probably as a response to me being attacked and you joining in that attack. I have zero desire to be mean to anyone.

Reactions: timnsun
Naming posters by name and remembering how they have replied to you in the past is sort of the textbook definition of holding a grudge.
When you get constant and unrelenting harassment on every one of your posts, you tend to remember that. On the other hand, I remember interactions with @BleedRed78 and they've been nothing but positive. Dude is just a good dude and treats everyone well.

Last edited:
The question I ask my wife, and other family members, when they get massively upset about something someone may have said is, “Why do you spend so much time, effort, and emotion with a person who has virtually ZERO influence in your life?”

Go ahead and bitch & moan in the moment —- but let it go. It only creates long term bitterness about everything.

When you get constant and unrelenting harassment on every one of your posts, you tend to remember that. On the other hand, I remember interactions with @BleedRed78 and they've been nothing but positive. Dude is just a good dude and treats everyone well.

Read Hip Hip Hooray GIF

The question I ask my wife, and other family members, when they get massively upset about something someone may have said is, “Why do you spend so much time, effort, and emotion with a person who has virtually ZERO influence in your life?”

Go ahead and bitch & moan in the moment —- but let it go. It only creates long term bitterness about everything.
My son is a huge advocate of forgiveness, and I'm not.
It's likely the right thing to do, and so far I am 1 for 3 in that category.

Reactions: Laner2
Well I hope he is a power back but at P5 level they have to be able to get 3 yards no matter what. Plus the east/west may not matter if he goes for the hole/good playcalling. I just did not really see it in the Spring Game.

I can agree with that. I guess imo our OL is gonna have to be much better next year for him to be an effective runner. Those huge holes were few and far in between last year. While most occurred due to the threat of the QB run game. It'll be interesting for sure.

Holla

Reactions: Truewooper
To be fair, their RB recruiting has been better than ours. IF he can be a short yardage back and step up in pass pro he can help us. I sure wasn’t expecting a feature back when we signed him. Two of our top returning RBs are coming off of major injuries soooo…. Cheap insurance.

I'm not sure the majority of the fans had the same thoughts as you. Most from what I've read or heard seen that 4 star top 100 HS rating, from Oregon, 3k rushing in HS and IMMEDIATELY thought "We have our guy". I was hesitant because most of his HS tape was just downhill hitting and open hole and running straight. Not a lot of other skills displayed. Then I watched spring game and it looked pretty similar.

I think he will be fine as long as he has a hole. But if it's stuffed I don't see him "creating " much at all.

Holla

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm not sure the majority of the fans had the same thoughts as you. Most from what I've read or heard seen that 4 star top 100 HS rating, from Oregon, 3k rushing in HS and IMMEDIATELY thought "We have our guy". I was hesitant because most of his HS tape was just downhill hitting and open hole and running straight. Not a lot of other skills displayed. Then I watched spring game and it looked pretty similar.

I think he will be fine as long as he has a hole. But if it's stuffed I don't see him "creating " much at all.

Holla
I'm giving some credibility to Rhule saying "he showed us something in the scrimmage we haven't seen in practice". I thought he ran violently ln some of his runs. I'm more optimistic about his ability to contribute than you I guess.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Are you available to come speak to one or 2 of my employees? 1 is a woman and you have your work cut out for you, sir.

Do you remember what Rhule said about Jeff Sims prior to the start of last season?
QB and RB are two entirely different animals. That said, I don't think the guy will be the starter or maybe even 2nd on the depth chart. As I stated earlier, I'm hopeful he can be a big short yardage thumper and contribute. That's all. We need a guy who can get a tough couple of yards and at least at times in the scrimmage he looked like he can be that guy.

If he's Jeff Sims 2.0 we'll know soon enough.
except he can't really be Jeff Sims. IF he plays much he's likely to get less than 7-8 touches per game and he's unlikely to throw an INT. We aren't stuck with him as the starter and he was never looked at as the whole answer. He's a piece and has always been a piece and anybody thinking Dowdell was going to be the day one starter wasn't dealing with reality. Rhule kind of gave him a backhanded compliment by saying "he showed what we hadn't seen in practice". It's a widely different situation.

except he can't really be Jeff Sims. IF he plays much he's likely to get less than 7-8 touches per game and he's unlikely to throw an INT. We aren't stuck with him as the starter and he was never looked at as the whole answer. He's a piece and has always been a piece and anybody thinking Dowdell was going to be the day one starter wasn't dealing with reality. Rhule kind of gave him a backhanded compliment by saying "he showed what we hadn't seen in practice". It's a widely different situation.
Apply it to the RB position.

I can agree with that. I guess imo our OL is gonna have to be much better next year for him to be an effective runner. Those huge holes were few and far in between last year. While most occurred due to the threat of the QB run game. It'll be interesting for sure.

Holla
Don’t you think that us having a competent pass threat will more than make up for lack of QB run this year? Teams stacked the box on us because they had zero respect for our ability to complete a downfield throw. I don’t think they will get away with that this year. My hope is that will open up the run game. It’s a lot easier to block 7 in the box than 9 or 10.

You don't know a ****ing thing about me. So stop pretending like you do.

By the way, I have said that exact phrase before, you can see it on my post history. I also have 10 pages full of comments with "I agree", with whichever poster - which is essentialy the same sentiment. So yeah, you're completely wrong about me... again. The reason I don't say "You make a good point" to you is because you never do. I have said it before - to other posters... just not to you, because you've never said anything deserving of it. Your takes are awful and you've been nothing but disrespectful and disparaging to me for the longest time. That's probably a good part of the reason why I've never said it to you.

Thing is I'm highly egalitarian by nature, and I try to treat everybody with a blank slate. Somehow that seems to rub a few posters here the wrong way, and they seem to hold grudges or think their agenda conflicts with mine when it actually doesn't. I don't know, I don't hold grudges against anybody, I don't feel why some people feel the need to hold grudges against me. I have absolutely zero desire to treat anyone with hostility. If you feel that is coming from me and somehow it is directed at you, I'll just say that I'm very likely not the originator of said hostility. I also have no wish that it continue. I post on many other forums including reddit and have never been involved so much where people want to make things deeply personal. Once again, I have absolutely no desire for that.
You have become significantly more hostile since the Gebbia transfer.

Reactions: Walleye79

Egalitarians are notorious for their inability to cope, which explains a lot about Mr. Jar.

Don’t you think that us having a competent pass threat will more than make up for lack of QB run this year? Teams stacked the box on us because they had zero respect for our ability to complete a downfield throw. I don’t think they will get away with that this year. My hope is that will open up the run game. It’s a lot easier to block 7 in the box than 9 or 10.
in theory, yes.

however, we will start against stacked boxes and will have to prove we have a competent pass threat for defenses to adjust to it, not the other way around.

here's where Satt-led offenses have finished nationally in passing while he was OC:

'13 Temple - 49th
'14 Temple - 89th
'15 Temple - 72nd
'21 So. Car. - 75th
'22 So. Car. - 40th

4 of those 5 years he was working with NFL QBs, the exception being '21.

I'm not sure any grace will be given to our passing offense. it will have to be earned by the QB, the OL, the WRs and the playcaller - each as unproven as the next.

in theory, yes.

however, we will start against stacked boxes and will have to prove we have a competent pass threat for defenses to adjust to it, not the other way around.

here's where Satt-led offenses have finished nationally in passing while he was OC:

'13 Temple - 49th
'14 Temple - 89th
'15 Temple - 72nd
'21 So. Car. - 75th
'22 So. Car. - 40th

4 of those 5 years he was working with NFL QBs, the exception being '21.

I'm not sure any grace will be given to our passing offense. it will have to be earned by the QB, the OL, the WRs and the playcaller - each as unproven as the next.
Satterfield has a lot to prove. Hopefully, he will improve on those statistics.

Satterfield has a lot to prove. Hopefully, he will improve on those statistics.
the Satt/Rhule OC/HC marriage has been most successful when predicated on a downhill, power running game.

if we're banking on a consistent, efficient passing game opening up the ground game instead of the other way around, we are in for some growing pains (putting it lightly).

we have to be able to gain chunks in the running game against stacked boxes and make defenses pay with play action. it's the only way our current arrangement will work, and that's by design.

I don't think we need to be a top 50 passing offense to produce a meaningful W-L record. I do think we need to be a top 50 rushing offense, however. otherwise we will be grasping at outliers.

the Satt/Rhule OC/HC marriage has been most successful when predicated on a downhill, power running game.

if we're banking on a consistent, efficient passing game opening up the ground game instead of the other way around, we are in for some growing pains (putting it lightly).

we have to be able to gain chunks in the running game against stacked boxes and make defenses pay with play action. it's the only way our current arrangement will work, and that's by design.

I don't think we need to be a top 50 passing offense to produce a meaningful W-L record. I do think we need to be a top 50 rushing offense, however. otherwise we will be grasping at outliers.

'13 Temple - 82nd rush offense - 149 ypg
'14 Temple - 118th - 107 ypg
'15 Temple - 96th - 149 ypg

In those 3 seasons they had one 1000 yard rusher. 2015 - Jahad Thomas 1262 yards.

Reactions: king_kong_
'13 Temple - 82nd rush offense - 149 ypg
'14 Temple - 118th - 107 ypg
'15 Temple - 96th - 149 ypg

In those 3 seasons they had one 1000 yard rusher. 2015 - Jahad Thomas 1262 yards.
in Satt/Rhule's best year as a HC/OC tandem ('15 Temple), they finished 97th in total offense

so maybe none of it matters and the defense/kicking game is the most important factor

Reactions: cornhustler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT