ADVERTISEMENT

4-8. Never thought I'd see the day.

He is buoyant and says he wants to come back. He seems to be having some kind of manic delusion. Does someone in the room have a straight jacket?

Reactions: Minn1954
Riley just said again at the press conference that this was like "Year One" for him and he's excited for next year.
****ing retarded to say something like that. He knows what Nebraska was and is. Again, I will reiterate what I and other posters have said... he deserves NOTHING! He should retire and give back on those millions he accepted to bring NU back. Not only is NU not back, but we have been raided by wolves in sheep's clothing

The record is not too surprising when you begin with a baseline of 6-6 (Riley’s career average) and then factor in a new QB and defensive scheme.

That’s the logic I used when I predicted a 4-8 record this season.

I hope Frost is the pick.

I have been a Riley critic.
(I also gave him credit for good things, including the ucla win which is one of the best coaching performances here in 15 years.)
But I never thought it would get this bad. This is historic on many levels.

He is buoyant and says he wants to come back. He seems to be having some kind of manic delusion. Does someone in the room have a straight jacket?

He seemed very upbeat in the press conference. Maybe he's just glad that it's over, but he sure didn't sound like a guy who thought he's going to be fired.

Regardless. I feel bad for the guy. I wish him the best. I just don’t think he realizes what he got into. He was in over his head and drowned under pressure.

giphy.gif

Reactions: oldjar07
In 1997 what program was better than Nebraska? 3 titles in 4 years?????
Thanks for playing.......

Michigan for one. I still remember Scott Frost begging the coaches on national TV to give Osborn one last title. It was shameful that the coaches poll delivered the equivalent of title welfare.

Again, many of us said 'wtf' when Riley was hired . Now everybody is saying 'wtf'. Ok let's move on, Reboot.

Football isn't that hard. Blocking, tackling, focus, desire, execution... Keep It Simple, Stupid. A guy with Riley's mountain of experience should have been able to post a respectable record at NU in his sleep. It's mind-boggling that Riley could coach UP lowly Oregon State to respectability, but somehow now he's coached DOWN Nebraska to this mess. It doesn't make any sense. Anyhow, it's history now.

Reactions: buchs
My dad is 70. The last time NU won only 4 games in a season he was in middle school. This is officially the worst NU team in 2 generations.

Reactions: DPDWU and jeans15
Michigan for one. I still remember Scott Frost begging the coaches on national TV to give Osborn one last title. It was shameful that the coaches poll delivered the equivalent of title welfare.
Wow, you are dense. I guess I can't blame your biased opinion being a herky.

Riley just said again at the press conference that this was like "Year One" for him and he's excited for next year.

I'd be excited too, he's going home with 6+ million dollars in his pocket and has to do exactly nothing to earn it!

Even though you're trolling, I did laugh at the "title welfare" line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT