ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

Agree about defensive ends. But we are not 33-10 worse than Iowa in terms of talent. Crap, they have scored more on us than they did against Illinois. Let that sink in! Yikes

Well, first of all, its 29-10 if Nate Gerry is watching where he's going. Secondly, Iowa has made 3 plays that have actually hurt us.

Anybody can win 9 games at Nebraska get real....

Skittles-Wrapper-Small.jpg

so I'll say again, who is the coach who magically gets us to top 10 recruiting classes? Because I never said it was Riley. I said the recruiting has been better than it was under Bo. And Riley has had exactly two seasons.

Well if you know the formula to win a national championship is:

1.) Recruit top 10 recruting classes
2.) Develop said talent

Then you can agree that in two recruiting cycles Riley has shown he can't do 1. If he can't 2 is irrelevant since he won't win championships without 1.

I'll even give him 2 more years to see if he can even accomplish 1. After four years if he can't than cut your losses and hire somebody else and keep trying until you can get a coach who can do 1.

Wow, just don't understand all the Armstrong bashing. The guy is a warrior. Our coaching staff just isn't that familiar with how to coach this type of QB.
The problem is that because of TA's hammie they have to use him like a drop back passer

I hate to be the 'fire X!' But my word, special teams have been absolutely pathetic all season and somehow worse this game. Reed needs to be gone. This is embarrassing.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Hmm? Is this game evidence of a talent gap or a coaching gap?

I have a hard time believing that Iowa is more talented than us by 3 TDs.
It's a combination of both I think. I do think Iowa has better football talent and probably overall better coaching too. So when we don't play well this is what you get.

2.) Develop said talent

Then you can agree that in two recruiting cycles Riley has shown he can't do 1. If he can't 2 is irrelevant since he won't win championships without 1.

I'll even give him 2 more years to see if he can even accomplish 1. After four years if he can't than cut your losses and hire somebody else and keep trying until you can get a coach who can do 1.

This

2.) Develop said talent

That's a really good way to never get #1.

If you think that we had a good season then your sites aren't very high. 3 losses 2 blowouts no quality wins. You can say 9-3 all you want this team is terrible.

We had a better season than last year. I saw improvement and I saw a staff that actually coached up the secondary.

The team isn't terrible, you're overdramatic. The team is undertalented, doesn't have any depth and has NO play makers anywhere other than WR and we can't exploit our WR corps because we don't have quarterbacks.

But we should fire everybody because they've been here for two whole seasons.

Same plays that beat Bo's teams are the same ones that beat this one....Wisconsin game especially.

It's a combination of both I think. I do think Iowa has better football talent and probably overall better coaching too. So when we don't play well this is what you get.
It's evidence of an O line and QB talent gap. Nothing more. Our defense has missed assignments that led to huge plays but our QB play has been terrible. Actually I don't put this one on our O line today. TA has had all day to pass the ball and he's stunk it up mostly.

Reactions: HuskersMan34
We had a better season than last year. I saw improvement and I saw a staff that actually coached up the secondary.

The team isn't terrible, you're overdramatic. The team is undertalented, doesn't have any depth and has NO play makers anywhere other than WR and we can't exploit our WR corps because we don't have quarterbacks.

But we should fire everybody because they've been here for two whole seasons.

I cant say fire them, at least not this soon but at this point I honestly don't see this football program progressing any further than it did under Pelini..

Finally, someone else who isn't allowing emotion to cloud basic reasoning skills.

He's absolutely in Ferentz's league. And I'm pretty sure I didn't say he's better than Harbaugh or Meyer who may very well be generational. Though I think he's a lot closer than any other coach we've had since Osborne as far as understanding the game.

Ferentz has 2 conference championships. Mike Riley has 0 conference championships. Zero in 16 years! To say they're in the same league is laughable.

2.) Develop said talent

Doubt Riley gets fired if he keeps doing what he's been doing. He's a respectable coach. Great? No. But he's done what he was hired to do and that's bring integrity back to the coaching staff in Lincoln. He's not the type of coach that is going to win
Championships, IMO, but he won't embarrass your program either.

Look, I'm glad we won more games than last year.....but our best wins were Wyoming and Minnesota. Nobody else we've beaten even has a winning record.

And I don't see a ton of optimism for next year. We will have a QB with zero experience, and lose many of our best playmakers (Westerkamp, Gerry, Carter, Moore, Reilly). We will be lucky to win the 9-win trophy next year.

It's evidence of an O line and QB talent gap. Nothing more. Our defense has missed assignments that led to huge plays but our QB play has been terrible. Actually I don't put this one on our O line today. TA has had all day to pass the ball and he's stunk it up mostly.

That last part needs to be repeated. He's had no pressure at all, and yet most of the time he's acted like he's about to get creamed. Whether its because he's hurt, or just his usual headcase crap, he's been terrible today

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT