ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

That's a really good way to never get #1.

Disagree and where is your proof? Meanwhile Alabama did that until they got Saban, OU did that until they got Stoops, Texas is doing that right now until they get somebody that can recruit like Mack did.

Riley gets four years to prove that he can recruit at least one top 10 recruiting class. If he can't do that than by year 4 he needs to have at least won a B1G championship. If not then next man up.

TA has left AT LEAST 3 TDs on the field by over throwing guys that are 5 yards behind the defense... This game should be at least 33 to 31.

TA

13/35 for 125 yards

Let that sink in.

I only have to watch this shit show for 1 more game.

The warrior stuff doesn't play with me.

He is the worst QB in N's football history.

He just beats out T Mart as all time worst QB's at N.

I cant say fire them, at least not this soon but at this point I honestly don't see this football program progressing any further than it did under Pelini..

You're just overreating to this game. I'll give you that benefit of the doubt. Because this staff has already shown they're better than Bo

N getting Nebraskerd by Iowa. Power football, toss. Play action and just plain breaking their will. Smh

Davis lookin like TO calling plays out there.

Reactions: Arbitr8
TA

13/35 for 125 yards

Let that sink in.

I only have to watch this shit show for 1 more game.

The warrior stuff doesn't play with me.

He is the worst QB in N's football history.

He just beats out T Mart as all time worst QB's at N.

He's the worst quarterback of the modern era. He would have been just REALLY mediocre if he were here when Frank was here. I think he's basically Jamal Lord Part 2

N getting Nebraskerd by Iowa. Power football, toss. Play action and just plain breaking their will. Smh

Beathard has the freedom to change plays freely at the LOS and it shows. He's played very well and is a smart guy. THAT is the kind of QB play I hope we see next year. He has consistently gotten them in to good audibles based on what our D is showing.

I cant say fire them, at least not this soon but at this point I honestly don't see this football program progressing any further than it did under Pelini..
Colorado is on year 4 with their coach, the previous three were losing seasons. Now they are a very good team with no better overall talent (at least on paper) than Nebraska. But I believe their coach has made changes in his staff over the past few years. Maybe next year Lee will be the qb this offense needs, we'll see how it turns out.

As for today, total embarrassment to lose this badly to a four loss team.

Bowl game is pretty anticlimactic after today. We aren`t in Iowa`s ballpark in football. They kicked our ass every way but in church.
TA took us out of this game early. Our D sucked but IF he hits a couple of those WIDE open guys this is a close game and we aren't throwing it every play.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I don't know what stupid "looks" like -- but I know what stupid sounds like.....

Can't wait to see these "he's making changes"

Can't wait to see "he's making changes" occur after the season--- so far Nebraska's benchmark victory is Minnesota- Good god

You're just overreating to this game. I'll give you that benefit of the doubt. Because this staff has already shown they're better than Bo

What exactly have they shown? I see some things I like but I'm not going to say they've been better than Pelini at this point..

Reactions: SC_'sker
Well let's hope TA can pull it together, get healthy and go out a winner in a nice bowl game. They need something to wash the foul taste out of their mouth from this one. Personally I'm gonna use gin and tonic.....

They were down 23 points early in the 3rd quarter when they were still running the ball. they can either try to win, or keep him away from 35 pass attempts.

Pick one

Well we wont win by putting him in passing situations when he's obviously a terrible passing QB. So his biggest fault is the most likely to lead us to success? Sorry but I cant buy in to that..

Riley is a genius, though. Set the bar so low his first year that the 9-win trophy looks like a major accomplishment.

Disagree and where is your proof? Meanwhile Alabama did that until they got Saban, OU did that until they got Stoops, Texas is doing that right now until they get somebody that can recruit like Mack did.

Riley gets four years to prove that he can recruit at least one top 10 recruiting class. If he can't do that than by year 4 he needs to have at least won a B1G championship. If not then next man up.

Ok first of all, you don't get to use Texas as proof we should do it.

Secondly, guess what Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama all have that we don't?

Guess.

Well we wont win by putting him in passing situations when he's obviously a terrible passing QB. So his biggest fault is the most likely to lead us to success? Sorry but I cant buy in to that..
So you're picking neither then?

That's not a choice.

Whole-heartedly disagree...it's a good thing we only played a couple of good teams this year because this team is a 6-6 team masquerading as a 9-3 team.

Reactions: wreckitralph
Colorado is on year 4 with their coach, the previous three were losing seasons. Now they are a very good team with no better overall talent (at least on paper) than Nebraska. But I believe their coach has made changes in his staff over the past few years. Maybe next year Lee will be the qb this offense needs, we'll see how it turns out.

As for today, total embarrassment to lose this badly to a four loss team.
You compare nu to coloarado. Really?

At least now NU will be relegated to a mid week December bowl game instead of playing in a bowl game in Florida on New Year's Day.

Ok first of all, you don't get to use Texas as proof we should do it.

Secondly, guess what Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama all have that we don't?

Guess.

Not sure what they have. I've been to Norman and Tuscaloosa and they're not exactly paradise. They were also pretty miserable teams until they got that one coach who could recruit top 10 classes. Clemson is another one. As soon as Dabo started recruiting top 10 classes they started becoming apart of the national championship conversation. Miami has fallen off the radar since Butch Davis left mainly because their recruiting has stunk. However with Mark Richt's recruiting and a relatively weak ACC it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see them back in the top 10 consistently sooner rather than later.

On the flip side, Oregon was hauling top 10 classes consistently under Kelly. After he left their recruiting fell off and wouldn't you know it so did their record this year.

Lastly, the notion that recruiting top 10 classes can't be done here in the modern era is ridiculous because BC did it. None of the aforementoined teams above have anything that we can't overcome. Their administrations are just willing to keep trying and keep spending until they found the right fit in a coach.

I don't want to go through another 7 years of this if we can't recruit top 10 classes. I find it to be a massive waist of time. Like I said before Riley gets four years to prove me otherwise. However, I have not been impressed with the first two years.

Whole-heartedly disagree...it's a good thing we only played a couple of good teams this year because this team is a 6-6 team masquerading as a 9-3 team.

That's not remotely true.

We almost beat Wisconsin, which is a very good team. We beat Minnesota which is a pretty good team, We beat Wyoming, who has wins over Boise State and San Diego State. Oregon finally figured out how to play a little defense and beat the #12 team in the country.

You're putting too much into a couple of losses. This team isn't anywhere near a national championship contender, but they're good enough to beat anyone but the best teams in the country.

Tonight was a perfect storm of TERRIBLE play. But it was way more about not having a quarterback and lack of execution on a handful of plays than coaching.

we are better on d than two years ago. we are much worse on o.

Who's the better team right now? Clearly Colorado is and they would beat Nebraska as bad as Iowa did today. My comparison is for a few years out and hoping Nebraska can be solid in year 4 for Riley as Colorado is for their coach now.
I think we would beat Colorado with a healthy TA. I've watched several of their games and I just don't think they are very good.

Not sure what they have. I've been to Norman and Tuscaloosa and they're not exactly paradise. They were also pretty miserable teams until they got that one coach who could recruit top 10 classes. Clemson is another one. As soon as Dabo started recruiting top 10 classes they started becoming apart of the national championship conversation. Miami has fallen off the radar since Butch Davis left mainly because their recruiting has stunk. However with Mark Richt's recruiting and a relatively weak ACC it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see them back in the top 10 consistently sooner rather than later.

On the flip side, Oregon was hauling top 10 classes consistently under Kelly. After he left their recruiting fell off and wouldn't you know it so did their record this year.

Lastly, the notion that recruiting top 10 classes can't be done here in the modern era is ridiculous because BC did it. None of the aforementoined teams above have anything that we can't overcome. Their administrations are just willing to keep trying and keep spending until they found the right fit in a coach.

I don't want to go through another 7 years of this if we can't recruit top 10 classes. I find it to be a massive waist of time. Like I said before Riley gets four years to prove me otherwise. However, I have not been impressed with the first two years.

So BC did it once, thanks in large part to a recruiting bigwig STEERING players here and that means we can do it consistently?

I'll answer the question you couldnt. Those schools all have massive talent bases in their back yard. Tuscaloosa and Norman might not be home to the top talent themselves, but they are REALLY close to deep wells.We have to go really far to bring in top talent. I like that Riley is attempting to fashion a California pipeline instead of throwing up his hands like Bo did, but there are geographical challenges here.

Ask Osborne if you don't believe me. He and his staff, (undeniably among the best to ever coach in college football) had plenty of lean years recruiting wise, even he and his incredibly talented staff were able to come up with some big time talent and big tie classes every now and then.

Putting irrational limits like HE HAS TO HAVE A TOP 10 CLASS IN FOUR YEARS is just dumb.

What if he gets a a top 15 class in his fourth year, but has two losses by less than a TD each in the Big 10 title game and then a New Years Day bowl against another Top 10 team? Are you still advocating to fire him just for the sake of "seeing what's out there?"

This is why I say I want to see improvement, but won't put some arbitrary lid on it. If we tread water the next two years both in recruiting and in the results on the field, then I'll be ready to try someone else too, assuming that someone else isn't just OMG SCOTT FROST

But your demands in the time frame and what what Riley has to work with are silly.

That's not remotely true.

We almost beat Wisconsin, which is a very good team. We beat Minnesota which is a pretty good team, We beat Wyoming, who has wins over Boise State and San Diego State. Oregon finally figured out how to play a little defense and beat the #12 team in the country.

You're putting too much into a couple of losses. This team isn't anywhere near a national championship contender, but they're good enough to beat anyone but the best teams in the country.

Tonight was a perfect storm of TERRIBLE play. But it was way more about not having a quarterback and lack of execution on a handful of plays than coaching.

Shank punt again.....

Tv announcer just said Riley is "a winner everywhere he's been, he'll coa
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

That's funny..... we almost .... we could have...
So BC did it once, thanks in large part to a recruiting bigwig STEERING players here and that means we can do it consistently?

I'll answer the question you couldnt. Those schools all have massive talent bases in their back yard. Tuscaloosa and Norman might not be home to the top talent themselves, but they are REALLY close to deep wells.We have to go really far to bring in top talent. I like that Riley is attempting to fashion a California pipeline instead of throwing up his hands like Bo did, but there are geographical challenges here.

Ask Osborne if you don't believe me. He and his staff, (undeniably among the best to ever coach in college football) had plenty of lean years recruiting wise, even he and his incredibly talented staff were able to come up with some big time talent and big tie classes every now and then.

Putting irrational limits like HE HAS TO HAVE A TOP 10 CLASS IN FOUR YEARS is just dumb.

What if he gets a a top 15 class in his fourth year, but has two losses by less than a TD each in the Big 10 title game and then a New Years Day bowl against another Top 10 team? Are you still advocating to fire him just for the sake of "seeing what's out there?"

This is why I say I want to see improvement, but won't put some arbitrary lid on it. If we tread water the next two years both in recruiting and in the results on the field, then I'll be ready to try someone else too, assuming that someone else isn't just OMG SCOTT FROST

But your demands in the time frame and what what Riley has to work with are silly.

Yea , well , that's like YOUR opinion man!

TA took us out of this game early. Our D sucked but IF he hits a couple of those WIDE open guys this is a close game and we aren't throwing it every play.

TA didn't give up a 4th quarter TD with a drive of 13 straight rushing attempts

Colorado hasn't beaten a good team this year either. They are more overrated than we were.

This QB has almost every record for any Neb QB. Starts, yards, td's etc. Wrap you head around that.
It's not that hard. He's a four year starter in offenses that throws about four times as much as what the school used to do. Name a quarterback that AVERAGED 25 pass attempts a game under Solich and Osborne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT