ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half Game Thread

I mean, thrilled that Riley caught that ball, but that was a low percentage pass on first down, with a tired defense.

Or did he catch it? Crap...

There is no proof that hit the ground.... no proof it didn't. If it was initially ruled incomplete, I wouldn't expect it to be overturned... it shouldn't be overturned here either.

There is no proof that the ball actually hit the ground. What BS.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Riley has to learn that tommy throwing 40 passes a game will get you a 5-7 record. If we play power football today we win by 40. this offense with Tommy makes our whole team look bad.

Can't get a call in Lincoln.....welp....4th quarter boys. Let's see what we've got...against wyoming Sick

we need to convert this third down. How many times did we see this game last year? Trouble defending the pass and mysteriously try to convert low percentage passes on offense, or commit stupid penalties. Maddening.

Where have you seen success running the ball? Enlighten me. They're stuffing us.

Agree completely, but if at least like to see us run it twice in a row when Zig is picking up my 5 and 6 yards. But we go to the pass, which I wouldn't mind with a more accurate and better decision maker at QB...

Reactions: TheNewNU
Agree completely, but if at least like to see us run it twice in a row when Zig is picking up my 5 and 6 yards. But we go to the pass, which I wouldn't mind with a more accurate and better decision maker at QB...
Newby saved our butts with a great catch there.

If not for Alonzo Moore, we probably would be losing.

Riley has to learn that tommy throwing 40 passes a game will get you a 5-7 record. If we play power football today we win by 40. this offense with Tommy makes our whole team look bad.

Only two problems wirh your statment.

1. We cant run the ball with any concistency. We have been stuffed consistently all day.
2. We dont have the D to back up a 3 and out O.

If the defender would have been looking back, they might have called Westy for the push off.

Great play by Westerkamp but I am absolutely baffled as to why we'd put the game on Tommy's arm in this situation. That pass is such a low percentage play, it could have just as easily been a pick and then we're in real bad shape.

Great play by Westerkamp but I am absolutely baffled as to why we'd put the game on Tommy's arm in this situation. That pass is such a low percentage play, it could have just as easily been a pick and then we're in real bad shape. He just thre it up there in good coverage and hoped his guy would make a play - and Westy did - a great play.

We haven't really committed to the run today. I am just saying if have to throw 40 times to beat Wyoming then it could be a long season.

Great play by Westerkamp but I am absolutely baffled as to why we'd put the game on Tommy's arm in this situation. That pass is such a low percentage play, it could have just as easily been a pick and then we're in real bad shape.
They are selling out to stuff the run and our O line isn't getting it done. Losing 2 of our top 3 OGs is hurting big time.

They are selling out to stuff the run and our O line isn't getting it done. Losing 2 of our top 3 OGs is hurting big time.

That could be, but Zig has literally gotten 5 yards a clip on his last 3 first down runs, and we keep calling passes on 2nd down. I don't mind that kind of play calling if your QB is a high percentage guy but TA is not that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT