ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

I like that this staff likes to recruit guards and centers. Riley and frost seem to have the mentality of let’s only recruit 6’6+ Tackles and let’s get the 5 best lineman on the field. Then we’d end up with 2 walk-ons starting at guard cause the big boys couldn’t handle the interior. They all might play tackle in HS cause their the best guy on the team, but it’s good to see them recruiting 6’3, 6’2 lineman again for the interior

Reactions: WHCSC
I like that this staff likes to recruit guards and centers. Riley and frost seem to have the mentality of let’s only recruit 6’6+ Tackles and let’s get the 5 best lineman on the field. Then we’d end up with 2 walk-ons starting at guard cause the big boys couldn’t handle the interior. They all might play tackle in HS cause their the best guy on the team, but it’s good to see them recruiting 6’3, 6’2 lineman again for the interior
Why are the two men second over from the center called tackles? If they tackle someone it results in a penalty for holding (unless it is Wisconsin or Michigan).

• Haha
Reactions: TOMHP and arf_man
We desperately need a break out season in order to start winning these recruiting battles for elite players in our own back yard. We will lose these battles to the Alabama’s of college football until we prove that Rhule is more than talk. The time to start winning is this year not next year or the year after. Another 5-7 season would be a total disaster. We need at least an 8-4 season and a good bowl game.

I know this is stating the obvious but it can’t be repeated often enough. We have gotten so used to losing it is almost as if we have reached a certain comfort zone with it. We shrug and say, “Oh well, there is always volleyball” and move on in resignation. Well, back in my day you young whipper snappers any Saturday we lost a game was like a small death. And the emotional downer would last for days. I would wake up on Monday morning and my first thought was “Shit, I can’t believe we lost to Iowa State!” I would then start to calculate in my brain how it might still be possible for us to play for the national championship.

Rhule’s first priority therefore has got to be to end that complacency with losing. To make his players and everyone else in the program hate losing more than anything. We need to win this year or we can kiss elite recruiting goodbye.

No more excuses. Just win damn it.

Wow that has to be one of the quickest decommitments I remember reading about. Somebody got to him and/or he realized how difficult the road was going to be for the orphaned Oregon State.
He is an international player (New Zealand), lots of times these guys don’t understand the entire picture since they didn’t grow up in it.

Why are the two men second over from the center called tackles? If they tackle someone it results in a penalty for holding (unless it is Wisconsin or Michigan).
Perhaps think more “tackle box” to product the piece you need (QB) to throw a line and catch them “trophies.”
🤷🏻‍♂️

Wow that has to be one of the quickest decommitments I remember reading about. Somebody got to him and/or he realized how difficult the road was going to be for the orphaned Oregon State.
Someone explained to him the predicament that Oregon State is in and contrasted that with the amount of money he’ll make it Nebraska. The lightbulb came on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT