ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!

Ray Lewis and Urlacher were great tacklers because of coaching...

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
Coaching spots talent. And plays talent. Good coaching doesn’t play bad players. Good coaching doesn’t keep trying to do the same thing over and over again hoping for a better outcome. Teams like Wisconsin and Iowa have a history of playing guys who lack talent but play smart football.

Coaching spots talent. And plays talent. Good coaching doesn’t play bad players. Good coaching doesn’t keep trying to do the same thing over and over again hoping for a better outcome. Teams like Wisconsin and Iowa have a history of playing guys who lack talent but play smart football.

What "talent" would you suggest we play?

I learned to tackle better than our players in middle school. If they haven't learned by now, they never will.

If I was a coach and a D-1 player came to and said, "I need you to teach me how to tackle..." Cut instantly.

You still coach fundamentals in college.....

Honest question here. Who should they be playing? Give us a couple names. True freshmen? Walk ons?

Rather play the young guys and get our asses kicked then play the upperclassmen and get our asses kicked. At least the young guys in theory can get better and help down the road. The upperclassmen are a lost cause.

Won't happen. Scott just got a two year extension, he's keeping the gang together.

All that means is Frosts job is save and he can show that to recruits. But that absolutely doesn’t mean Frost won’t let any assistant coaches go. I truly believe he will fire guys if it’s needed. He’s a Huskers through and through. He will do what ever takes to get our Huskers going again

Another case of lack of adjustments. 1st quarter to second quarter, bet it looks similar 3rd quarter. Chins needs to go.

Stick to soccer. You are way out of your element.

No your statement was dumb and you got called out on it.

So you are saying coaches dont coach tackling or fundamentals.

You should never talk about sports because your opinion was the dumbest statement made today.

Lmao..you are showing how ignorant you are..

So you are saying coaches coach to tackle with their shoulder and not wrap up?

And look the other way when players do?

We have been told that the 2019 class is God’s gift to earth. Freshmen or not. Throw them into the fire. I remember when Caleb Tannor was the next big bad Blackshirt.

There's no help on the way either. We aren't getting difference makers at key positions in this class. No WR, OLB, ILB, etc etc

This recruiting class had to be a good one and it's just average.

Charlie McBride couldn't make this group of girls look like a real defense. What is Chins supposed to do?

For starters, sit Bottles. I promise McBride would say I’ve seen enough of you today. I know this cause I saw him do it plenty. There’s this idea that says “we may not win today without you out there, but we sure ain’t going to win with you out there”.

Reactions: yunginsNU2 and c3o
Tackling is included in that. Your posts about never having to teach tackling are pretty stupid

I never said that. You still practice it, but if you dont have it by the time you reach college... you probably never will.

Are you all seriously stating that most players do not know how to tackle at the high school level?

We have a guy on the team who was one of the fastest college sprinters in the B1G conference. His whole highlight tape is kick and returns. Why does he not return kicks for us!!!

He has not bought in. He was a Riley recruit. Whooops, scratch that. He is a Frost guy. Not sure what excuse I can give you.

Long story short, as bad as Chinander is. Dewitt has arguably been his equal.

There's no help on the way either. We aren't getting difference makers at key positions in this class. No WR, OLB, ILB, etc etc

This recruiting class had to be a good one and it's just average.

what? Did you really just say that? Top 21 recruiting class, top 15 recruiting class and so far this class isn’t bad at all. Talent is most DEFINITELY on its way.

No your statement was dumb and you got called out on it.

So you are saying coaches dont coach tackling or fundamentals.

You should never talk about sports because your opinion was the dumbest statement made today.

Lmao..you are showing how ignorant you are..

So you are saying coaches coach to tackle with their shoulder and not wrap up?

And look the other way when players do?

You all are putting words in my mouth now. I would slap you if you were here right now.

Reactions: huskerssalts
It's hard to have confidence in the future of Chinander's 3-4 defense, when this staff is absolutely terrible at recruiting linebackers. They literally had to offer like 10 JUCO linebackers last week because they can't get any interest from high school linebacker recruits.

Reactions: c3o
Tackling is horrendous - our players are more concerned about making the ‘big hit’ than wrapping-up the player and taking him to the ground.

Wisconsin has turned way too many 4 yard gains into 15 yard gains in this game.

We have a guy on the team who was one of the fastest college sprinters in the B1G conference. His whole highlight tape is kick and punt returns. Why does he not return kicks for us!!!
No shit. We have some blazers supposedly. We have Speilmen who has a PRTD this year. Brody Belt? Did he make the honor roll and win a bet?

Reactions: SC_'sker
Frost and his buddies are fine. He won’t fire any of his friends. They will continue to make money that most of us will never see in our lifetimes. I will not be renewing my season tickets next year. I will not support Frost and his poor decisions.

Reactions: SC_'sker
what? Did you really just say that? Top 21 recruiting class, top 15 recruiting class and so far this class isn’t bad at all. Talent is most DEFINITELY on its way.

Top 15? In what universe?

To be clear, I'm talking about the class of 2020 that has yet to sign. Although the class of 19 lost a good chunk of it's better players already soooo

zu2671745_main_tm1377731212.jpg

Whose playing the players who can’t tackle? Whose playing the guys that can’t wrap up? Is it the players? Are the coming together and saying who plays?
:rolleyes: Yes... yes to all of it... does that make you feel better... or is it no to all of it... there has to be a point where you realize that you have to play someone... you have to try to build depth... you have to manage your players... I get it I really do get it losing sucks... I blows hard... now I will say again I’m not sold on Chins... but when you REALLY watch the games you’ll watch players taking horrible angles, players running themselves out of the play, players not driving through tackles... those are aspects that are difficult to teach because those are football instincts, (other then driving through the tackle, that is teachable, it just comes down to desire) again these are issues that we have talked about through two staff changes and for some multiple position coaches... at what point will some of you blow hards hold the players accountable as well? Yes our D needs to get a lot better... but come on even you have to realize there is an aspect of player management that is going to keep us from making certain needed changes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT