ADVERTISEMENT

Bears making a huge mistake.

GBE9bRabEAASUQ4.png
c1edb990722721a26637ebd44256c2c2.gif

I think the young guys today can do both. Fashion, for whatever reason, is important to these athletes. Look at Joe Burrow. Cooper Kupp is another, though I think his wife is the one that pushes it.
Seems like it was about 1990 or so when fashion became a big deal for athletes, and kids. At the time my daughter was 14 and my son was 11 they thought they had to dress preppy, a complete 180 from their mom and I. My oldest grandsons are 24 and 21, and the younger ones 10 and 6, all of them, everyday, dressed to the nines.

But, looking good was a really big deal. I think Nike started that trend shit with the shoes, but I could be mistaken.

When I was in the service in Kansas City back in 1974, I went to a lot of MLB and NBA games. Hell, I watched some of the greatest players in that era in the NBA file off the team bus with all of them wearing t shirts and jeans, plain ole shirt and daily wear pants, fashion was no big deal

Unless you were a Clyde Frazier, Nate Archibald, a couple dudes who were slaves to fashion.
Some of the greats of all time, Russell, Kareem, Maravich, Cousy, Robertson, Baylor, West, all of them, no different than the man on the street, in the way they were dressed coming off the team bus.

Hell, I think Frenchy Fuqua, a RB for the Steelers was so fashionable he wore shoes that were clear high heels that actually had live fish in them. Course Joe Namath in the late 60's was wearing mink coats.

Reactions: king_kong_
because OP said he will be the biggest bust in NFL history.

that's why it has to be worse than the now-biggest bust in NFL history.

extraordinarily simple concept.
So if he's only a regular bust you're gonna sit here and gloat even though your bears are sucking ass?

Silly, but don't let a little hyperbole stop ya.

So he can do better than Russell but still be the biggest bust ever? And I have flawed thinking?
Omg you got me when Caleb Williams just a bust vs the biggest bust you are going to be able to dunk on the OP so hard.

Will you wipe Kongs tears when the bears suck... Still?

So if he's only a regular bust you're gonna sit here and gloat even though your bears are sucking ass?

Silly, but don't let a little hyperbole stop ya.
I didn't author this thread

I'm simply capable of processing the words he put on the page, unlike you, it seems

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
I'm not even a bears fan the Bears are making a huge mistake by drafting Williams at #1. Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history. Williams will be a locker room cancer he is not a team player. The Bears should of taken Harrison at #1and should of kept Fields.
There will never be a bigger bust that Ryan Leaf....but spot #2 is open

Caleb seems weird in a Dwight Howard sort of way. Fields was certainly more likeable. But I hope he’s good because Chicago is so much more fun when the bears do well. Devin Hester’s kickoff return TD to start the Super Bowl was a volcano eruption of joy. Felt like a drunken earth quake in the bar I was in

I'm not even a bears fan the Bears are making a huge mistake by drafting Williams at #1. Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history. Williams will be a locker room cancer he is not a team player. The Bears should have taken Harrison at #1and should have kept Fields.
Lots of ppl seem to think Maye will end up being the best. Although I get drafting Williams as he does seem to have the highest ceiling. Perhaps a lower floor though as well.

I'm not even a bears fan the Bears are making a huge mistake by drafting Williams at #1. Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history. Williams will be a locker room cancer he is not a team player. The Bears should of taken Harrison at #1and should of kept Fields.
People are so emotional about this because of his nail polish. Have you ever heard of JaMarcus Russell? 1st pick in the 2007 draft. He played 3 seasons. 18 td passes. 15 lost fumbles. 23 interceptions. Are you willing to go on record that Caleb Williams will do worse than that?
Why does it have to be worse?

I think your all or nothing way of looking at it is flawed here.
Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history
@GBRforLife1 takes another L

he'll respond with one of the following:

1) bizarre comment about Iowa (many use this defense when they get btfo'd by me)
2) sarcastic non-sequitur (first he's gonna google what non-sequitur means)

@GBRforLife1 takes another L

he'll respond with one of the following:

1) bizarre comment about Iowa (many use this defense when they get btfo'd by me)
2) sarcastic non-sequitur (first he's gonna google what non-sequitur means)
This response makes me think you used to think you "pwned" people.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I've been a Bears fan all my life and the Bears are basically a QB graveyard. I don't care who they draft or bring in at QB, they'll flop. They just never put the pieces around a QB to succeed. It's been the same story since 1985 I still think they should have kept Fields

I've been a Bears fan all my life and the Bears are basically a QB graveyard. I don't care who they draft or bring in at QB, they'll flop. They just never put the pieces around a QB to succeed. It's been the same story since 1985 I still think they should have kept Fields
I heard Jim McMahon was the last Pro Bowl QB there. That's insane. That's 40 years of crap QBs.

Why is this so hard for the retarded bitches on this website to admit?

Aaron Rodgers spends his off-season doing psychedelic drugs....

But Caleb Williams is going to be a bust because of his weird lifestyle. Some people want him to fail so bad. It's comical.
You seem very, very butthurt all over the board that men think its strange mentally for grown men to use nailpolish, wear womens clothes and accessories, and a lot of pink.
It is strange, period, and is a sign of mental issues. How big of issues? Who knows. Could be nothing. Could be somethng. Whatever it is, it is wacky.

You're paying the karma tax for that almost perfect season.

Last edited:
Caleb williams dressing or acting what he is has nothing to do with anything. The Bears are the biggest issue. They are a failure of an organization. Maybe williams changes that. He definitely has talent. But until the Bears prove they are not a loser organization. Nothing will chamge

these "concerns" literally only exist in the minds of clueless old timers whose biggest fear - by far - is change

did Williams miss a single game in college due to injury? has he had a single off-field issue or locker room issue that points to "mental instability"?

guy's the first NIL QB in history to make $10M+ during college. haven't heard a single thing about how it's changed him, caused a bad decision, anything.

you don't like him. that's fine. just say that.
He missed a bowl game. Just a fact, make of it what you will.

He also snubbed reporters after his last game, a loss, something you were (rightfully) critical of purdy doing. Will you also be critical of williams for it?

Williams may indeed fail. The odds are not in his favor. But using Fields as the reason not to draft him is pretty flawed. Half of the league could use an upgrade at QB, yet the best the Bears could get was a conditional 6th for Fields. Super telling when the best minds in the game won’t even take minimal risk to bring him in. Dude is fun to watch in the open field, but just can’t get it done in the pocket. Would be cool to see him get it together in Pittsburgh, but it would be one hell of an anomaly.

Not a bears fan, but realistically who do you take? They need a QB and there is no way you are taking Drake Maye, JJ, or Penix #1. That leaves Daniels or Williams. They have very similar games, each has won a Heisman and are clearly the best 2. Williams may or may not be a bust, but he was an insanely good college QB and I guess we will wait to see how the Bears end up.
This is probably the right take.
Every year when a qb is taken first there are people who think henwill be a bust and people who think he will succeed. Its no different for williams.
Bears fans think he will be great and others think he will bust. The answer is probably in the middle somehwere.

You seem very, very butthurt all over the board that men think its strange mentally for grown men to use nailpolish, wear womens clothes and accessories, and a lot of pink.
It is strange, period, and is a sign of mental issues. How big of issues? Who knows. Could be nothing. Could be somethng. Whatever it is, it is wacky.
Of course it's wacky. Did you also think Dennis Rodman was a terrible player? He did all the same weird stuff, and more. But was a great player and was a huge part of winning 5 rings. Separate the emotion and look at how good of a qb the guy is.

Of course it's wacky. Did you also think Dennis Rodman was a terrible player? He did all the same weird stuff, and more. But was a great player and was a huge part of winning 5 rings. Separate the emotion and look at how good of a qb the guy is.
You seem to tbe the emotional one. Seriously. This has really struck a nerve with you.

Let me know when the last time the first qb taken in the draft wasnt predicted to be a bust by many.

You seem to tbe the emotional one. Seriously. This has really struck a nerve with you.

Let me know when the last time the first qb taken in the draft wasnt predicted to be a bust by many.
No emotion from me. Just common sense. The guy has been a phenom from his freshman year and withstood 3 years of scouts scrutinizing him. Of course it's the Bears, but they seem to be improving as an organization. They straight fleeced the Panthers last year, made a good trade for Sweat, added Keenan Allen and Swift, and then had a great day 1 draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT