ADVERTISEMENT

1st HALF GAME THREAD!

My god that screen pass there were 2 blatant holding calls one right in front of the qb and how the hell are they missed?

Reactions: icnu525
do you guys really not understand that's not the play we're calling? That Tommy just ignores the underneath man entirely if there's a chance to air it out?

Then why the hell is he still in the game? Or is Tommy's decision as well? If so, then this coaching staff has the smallest balls in history.

Reactions: Snickerdoodle70
I am so glad that the 4th quarter is coming up soon. We all know that they just wait to start playing in the 4th quarter.

Our coaching staff sucks. You can see it in their body language. They might as well have not even showed up today. Nobody is getting coached up. They don't want to win. They don't want to be there. A bunch of west coast tree huggers have neutered a once proud and prideful program. Sad.

My daughter plays volleyball with a girl who can absolutely crush a hit occasionally but more often hits out and is a defensive liability. You would be shocked how many times during a tournament a fan of another team raves about how that girl hits, but for every one kill, she gives up 3 pts to the other team. The flashy kill resonates with them, but they miss the small things that girl does that hurts the team. And the coach doesn't pull her often, she thinks the next play will be the one where she just crushes it, but usually doesn't. It's kind of how Tommy is, sometimes makes good plays, but far more often, makes a bad play. We've tolerated poor QB play for 8 years now, we don't know any better.

We also don't really have another option. I think if Ryker hadn't gotten hurt last week, he'd be playing right now. I mean, our other option is a dude who's entire career here has been as a holder.

Tommie has taken the downfield throws for 4 years so not exactly a coachable item for him - short of benching him. And he has been too good to do that.

We're going to lose this game because the coaches chose to start TA. He's limited in running, thus making him one dimensional. This is on the coaches.

Our coaching staff sucks. You can see it in their body language. They might as well have not even showed up today. Nobody is getting coached up. They don't want to win. They don't want to be there. A bunch of west coast tree huggers have neutered a once proud and prideful program. Sad.

Wow.

Reactions: HuskerO
Getting pounded by a team you should be able to play straight up with not a good thing. Hope they can score 3 td's in the second half to make it a game, I just don't see Nebraska scoring that many times.

Who's job is it to correct his ignoring the correct read all year?
tommy?

You really don't think the coaches point this out when they're watching film? He's a poor decision maker. If he's completely unwilling or unable to go through his progression, it's not on the coaches. In a perfect world he'd be benched. In this world, benching him would mean benching him for a walk on who is only moderately better..and makes us one dimensional. And is playing with a broken hand today. Literally the only thing they could do to correct it at this point, is stop running deep routes and they can't do that, or the underneath guys would never be open.

Next year, if we're doing this crap, then yes, you can blame these coaches. This year, you blame Pelini for shitty recruiting and you blame the guy who makes the wrong decision almost every single play.

do you guys really not understand that's not the play we're calling? That Tommy just ignores the underneath man entirely if there's a chance to air it out?
Them take him out? Ha has done this for 3.5 years, maybe a coach should have noticed this tendency last year.

tommy?

You really don't think the coaches point this out when they're watching film? He's a poor decision maker. If he's completely unwilling or unable to go through his progression, it's not on the coaches. In a perfect world he'd be benched. In this world, benching him would mean benching him for a walk on who is only moderately better..and makes us one dimensional. And is playing with a broken hand today. Literally the only thing they could do to correct it at this point, is stop running deep routes and they can't do that, or the underneath guys would never be open.

Next year, if we're doing this crap, then yes, you can blame these coaches. This year, you blame Pelini for shitty recruiting and you blame the guy who makes the wrong decision almost every single play.
Maybe Pelini sucked but do you think we are getting better?

Them take him out? Ha has done this for 3.5 years, maybe a coach should have noticed this tendency last year.
I'm fairly certain I spelled out why they can't take him out. Our QB depth is horrendous and undertalented. Until 2017.

No QB plays D - and the D has sucked donkey balls - CANNOT give up big plays - we gave up 3

We're going to lose this game because the coaches chose to start TA. He's limited in running, thus making him one dimensional. This is on the coaches.

Who the F are they supposed to start? God you people are so f'ing stupid. You wanna put Fyfe in? Because you same morons were tearing him down just a few weeks ago. We looked serviceable against Maryland but terrible against Ohio state while tommy did ok. Now guess what? He's in a f'ing cast. Which means one hand on the ball at all times. If he gets hit, he's going to fumble. We have nothing! We have no depth and lots of injuries. It's the reality of the situation. It sucks but don't go looking to blame a staff that has turned a lot of thing around this year when we weren't even supposed to contend for the division. This place is nearly intolerable when the Reilly haters taste blood. Quit hating, recognize and appreciate how much better this year was than last, and be a little optimistic about things.

300 yards to that offense is UN ACCEPT ABLE to the extent somebody needs to get fired

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT