ADVERTISEMENT

1st HALF GAME THREAD!

And I would have hoped that after the Ohio St game, this program would take a serious look at getting better, because we aren't close.

No more sarcasm. Blo is gone. This is about now. There is no excuse to have ioLa beating our asses like this, let alone ever losing to ioLa. Last year was enough, if this team loses to this crap team 2 years in a row, im done with this regime. If nu loses today, fire everyone. Dont care. Burn it down and start over. If we have a coach that loses to ioLa 2 years in a row he is not worthy to coach here, FACT.
Good lord.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Yet again, missed a receiver on the long pass, who had his defender beat.

We have no chance on that pass this season. Tommy just doesn't have the touch to hit those. If it's not a situation where the receiver has to stop and come back for it, we're not going to complete it.

So last week with Fyfe, we see tons of screen passes that worked great. Today, we see zone read or long passes. Sorry, I love TA's efforts and his passion to this team, but don't lose a game just to thank him for his efforts.

Ok you guys realize that Langs calls a play, he doesn't tell tommy who to throw the ball to. Tommy is the one choosing to throw the YOLO balls. I'm sure Langs isn't calling that play with the hope tommy chucks it 30 yards down field on 3rd and 4. The lack football knowlegde on here is just astounding
Then coach him to make good decisions & pull him if he doesn't listen. Having a QB who makes the right reads and is held responsible for it trumps speed & talent. It happens everywhere else but at Nebraska. Bad coaching.

Reactions: donahues17
How many times have I read comments saying Tommy's best ball is his deep ball?

When has he last completed one?

He has to be like 2 for 100 this year.

His deep ball is just not accurate. It looks nice, but isn't where it needs to be to complete the pass.

We're beat up and have no depth. Nothing the coaches can do

Yes they can!!! Coaching is putting ur players in a position to excel-- trotting out same schemes all year with no originality is recipe for failure!!! Imagine if Belichick was coaching this team-- you think he would do cover 2 all game like we do? Or do you think he would study Iowa like crazy and scheme a way to take away what they do best? Don't accept mediocrity!!

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
How do people not realize that we have ZERO talent on our defensive line. We knew that all year. It just happens that it didn't bite us in the ass until today. This sucks, but don't act like this is on the coaches. They're just whooping our walk on defensive lineman. Nothing we can do about that

12/18 dudes on the OL/DL two-deep for Iowa are from Iowa or Nebraska. They have 5 either sophs or frosh starting on the OL/DL. If those were the numbers for Nebraska, you'd be using them as excuses for Nebraska.

This looks like it is going to be more than ugly before it's over. Armstrong is operating at about 50%. Fyfe must not be able to play or he would be in by now. And Armstrong at 50% must be better than Darlington. The sum of this is going to be really ugly, I'm afraid.

If Tommy can't run let's see if Fyfe can pass. What we are doing is laughable, our coaching staff is supposed to make players better, I personally think they are failing.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
This QB that has 44 starts and can't find an open WR is all Pelini.
"All Pelini?" Exaggerate much? Recruited by PelinI and having to play a clearly unhealthy QB because we have no depth at the position, yes, Pelini. Did you want to talk about any other positions on the field, or was that your ace in the hole

The under pattern was open for a first down,WTF with the Chuck it down field? How many of those have been completed?Answer ZERO!

I'd like to suggest that we have TA wind up and throw a Hail Mary in every series. That way we can catch up quicker.
do you guys really not understand that's not the play we're calling? That Tommy just ignores the underneath man entirely if there's a chance to air it out?

Then coach him to make good decisions & pull him if he doesn't listen. Having a QB who makes the right reads and is held responsible for it trumps speed & talent. It happens everywhere else but at Nebraska. Bad coaching.

My daughter plays volleyball with a girl who can absolutely crush a hit occasionally but more often hits out and is a defensive liability. You would be shocked how many times during a tournament a fan of another team raves about how that girl hits, but for every one kill, she gives up 3 pts to the other team. The flashy kill resonates with them, but they miss the small things that girl does that hurts the team. And the coach doesn't pull her often, she thinks the next play will be the one where she just crushes it, but usually doesn't. It's kind of how Tommy is, sometimes makes good plays, but far more often, makes a bad play. We've tolerated poor QB play for 8 years now, we don't know any better.

I dream of a day when Huskers can at least hold their own at the line of scrimmage. Both lines are awful today. Never going to compete for championship's until the line play gets better.

Reactions: GRHusker
ADVERTISEMENT