ADVERTISEMENT

18 point favorite - Down 3 at the half

SomedayHusker

All-American
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
Welp. Looking like I just stole the easiest money ever. Huskers now just 7.5 favorites down 3 at the half to 1-5 Arkansas Pine Bluff. They are coming off a loss to basketball powerhouse, Cleveland State. Will this be the “Georgia Southern game” for Fred?

Keita looks he could be our best big in quite awhile once he gets comfortable. Wish we could get a shooter like Pine Bluff has. Seems crazy that we never can.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I realize it's against weak competition, but Keita, Breidenbach and Griesel have all had success scoring inside. I know it's not fashionable in "today's game" to score two points at a time, but it sure seems better than clanking three after three.

Reactions: mgbreis
Hoiberg is one of the only coaches I’ve ever seen develop a case of the yips; I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s the basketball equivalent of Mackey Sasser suddenly being unable to throw the ball back to the pitcher.

Getting Walker back will help. Nebraska is missing a go-to scorer. They have to rely on whoever gets hot. Finally figured out in the 2nd half to get Griesel down low and dish off.

Reactions: Frozone
Bit of a breakthrough game for Keita today. Yeah I know it's a hyphenated opponent who's in town to pick up a paycheck, but still - feed the big man the ball. He'll have his ups and downs, but at least you have something to build on.

Keita looks he could be our best big in quite awhile once he gets comfortable. Wish we could get a shooter like Pine Bluff has. Seems crazy that we never can.

Wilcher shoots better than anyone on APB, I promise.

Welp. Looking like I just stole the easiest money ever. Huskers now just 7.5 favorites down 3 at the half to 1-5 Arkansas Pine Bluff. They are coming off a loss to basketball powerhouse, Cleveland State. Will this be the “Georgia Southern game” for Fred?
Whoops

Dude.. miles was a good coach and should still be here.

Nah, he sucked. Gardner-Webb, Incarnate Word, Samford, Kent State. He had more embarrassing losses than Hoiberg. There's a reason that the only job he could get now is San Jose State, which might be the worst D-I basketball program in the country.

Fred’s offense isn’t very good at getting guys open looks if they can’t create their own shots. JMO. Having a big that other teams had to help on would be nice

Dude.. miles was a good coach and should still be here.
I don’t know if he should still be at NU but he sure as hell got undermined his last 2 years. It absolutely destroyed his recruiting. He’s a quirky guy that did some goofy things. Maybe that’s the best we can get. One thing people need to come to grips with. The B1G is a very tough conference and we’re in a tough spot for recruiting. Creighton to some degree became a national brand decades ago and their location in Omaha is a boost for their recruiting. We don’t have that . We really needed Bryce McGowens to have some immediate success in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT