ADVERTISEMENT

12 Team Playoff

We really don’t need 12 teams. 8 is fine.
That said, I love college football so who am I to argue about there being more playoff games.
Hell to the freakin yeah baby.

I think I did read an article that said the 4 conf champs get byes.. so it’s implying that there will be 4 conferences involved. I take that to mean B1G, SEC, Big 12, and ACC. I am guessing 20 each conference , meaning that we could get 4 more after USC and UCLA. Oregon, Washington, maybe ND, and one other school perhaps out of Stanford , Cal, the AZ schools, Colorado and Utah. The rest join the Big 12. ACC would expand but who would they take?

seems to me 12 is unfair cause it gives people byes...
I would go 8, champ from each p5 conferance..
then 3 from the remaining top highest ranked..so if a g5 is good enough they can get in..

that would add 3 games to a season (for a NC) after a conferance champ game...which seems reasonable
My guess is they want 12 so multiple teams from the SEC and the B1G can get in every year.

Another step to turning CFB into minor league football. It is being ruined one step
at a time.
The only thing to counter the ruining & turning 'college' football into a total joke is to expand the playoff and give the 'top' teams a challenge.

The only thing to counter the ruining & turning 'college' football into a total joke is to expand the playoff and give the 'top' teams a challenge.

Every once in a while, a top team (Bama, OSU, Clemson etc) will be upset in the playoff. Neutral fans will love it.

it will be sweet to have a playoff game in Lincoln 3 or 4 head coaches from now

They should have went 16 and anyone claiming they would not watch is either lying or not really all that into sports.

Just like March Madness, it isn't about "the games" it is about the event.

1st 2 days and maybe even Sweet 16 are about upsets.

From there, cream rises to the top.

And that is a sport where a single player can carry a team. Football? You need 50+ that can play.

This is a phucking joke.

3 of the 16 semi-final games since the inception of the CFP have been within a single score. Sure. Why not expand? Is it reality, or money making the call?

Reactions: 8990

And that is a sport where a single player can carry a team. Football? You need 50+ that can play.

This is a phucking joke.

3 of the 16 semi-final games since the inception of the CFP have been within a single score. Sure. Why not expand? Is it reality, or money making the call?
Right...but you watch because there might be an upset. You don't KNOW there will be so you watch to see what will happen. Just like you will watch all these games.

Once again Nebraska is just barely left on the outside looking in.... What's that you say? OH - I thought you said they expanded the playoff to 112! Never mind, if it's only 12 then we're still pretty far from relevance.

Right...but you watch because there might be an upset. You don't KNOW there will be so you watch to see what will happen. Just like you will watch all these games.

Like I said, it is all about money.

Has nothing to do with identifying the best team, it is solely and purely about $.

3 loss teams will be in the playoff.

The greatest thing about college football is its treasured regular season. The do or die week in week out struggle to go without a loss.

Now we'll just make it NFL-lite.

Like I said, it is all about money.

Has nothing to do with identifying the best team, it is solely and purely about $.

3 loss teams will be in the playoff.

The greatest thing about college football is its treasured regular season. The do or die week in week out struggle to go without a loss.

I get it...

I will watch the games. You won't, no big deal either way.

Once again Nebraska is just barely left on the outside looking in.... What's that you say? OH - I thought you said they expanded the playoff to 112! Never mind, if it's only 12 then we're still pretty far from relevance.

CBS Sports ranks all 131 FBS teams. Huskers are 49th!

link

Reactions: mgbreis
Well shit. Make it all P5 teams in an NCAA bball tourney. Nobody would be left out cuz it is actually 68 teams now.

No byes. 6 games to win it all. Maybe we could even win a game as an 11 seed.

Play a ten game regular season for seeding. Then have a six week playoff with 128 teams. #1 Bama hosts #128 Hawaii. That would be the most "fair" way to crown the best team.

Problem is, P5 teams make a lot of money playing 7 home games per year. They wouldn't be happy only playing five. And networks would miss around 128 regular season games to broadcast.

seems to me 12 is unfair cause it gives people byes...
I would go 8, champ from each p5 conferance..
then 3 from the remaining top highest ranked..so if a g5 is good enough they can get in..

that would add 3 games to a season (for a NC) after a conferance champ game...which seems reasonable
You sound like a 3rd grader on the playground... IT AIN'T FAIR. Nothing in life life is effing fair. The top seeded teams get a bye...F yeah!!! They won the most games and get a reward for that.

No matter what football does for a playoff will ever be seen as fair because someone will always be left out and the cream rises to the top. I guess we will need a 132 team playoff to make it fair.

You sound like a 3rd grader on the playground... IT AIN'T FAIR. Nothing in life life is effing fair. The top seeded teams get a bye...F yeah!!! They won the most games and get a reward for that.

No matter what football does for a playoff will ever be seen as fair because someone will always be left out and the cream rises to the top. I guess we will need a 132 team playoff to make it fair.
not really if they had a brain they would have a 8 or 16 team playoff.....thats basic 1st grade math, look into it...some of these bi teams could get injured with a week off...maybe break a nail or something.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
We really don’t need 12 teams. 8 is fine.
That said, I love college football so who am I to argue about there being more playoff games.
Hell to the freakin yeah baby.

I think I did read an article that said the 4 conf champs get byes.. so it’s implying that there will be 4 conferences involved. I take that to mean B1G, SEC, Big 12, and ACC. I am guessing 20 each conference , meaning that we could get 4 more after USC and UCLA. Oregon, Washington, maybe ND, and one other school perhaps out of Stanford , Cal, the AZ schools, Colorado and Utah. The rest join the Big 12. ACC would expand but who would they take?
6 highest rated conference champs, highest rated 4 of those get byes. I wonder if the other two are guaranteed to host.

The 5 conference champions are the five highest rated teams, who won their conference title game. Would not necessarily be P5 programs, when you look at AAC champ last year.
Look can any of you read,There are 6 automatic qualifiers and 6 at large teams , the 6 that automatically qualify are The SEC , ACC , Big 10 Big 12 and PAC 12 champions , the 6 is the Highest Group of 5 conference champion.

This is a phucking joke.

By your logic, we should reduce the playoff down to 2 teams. Since the semi-final games have not been close.

My logic is...let's have a real playoff. 16 teams, no byes.

I don't treasure sleaze, bribery, and making a total mockery out of college. I don't treasure the same 2 or 3 teams in the Playoff every year...with only about 5 others ever having a chance.

3 loss teams now making the playoff and all the old arguments continue it’s just between teams ranked 10-15 instead of teams ranked 4-6. Iowa and Minnesota fans are thrilled I’m sure, expanded playoffs are their only shot at any playoff.

Reactions: moralvictories
6 highest rated conference champs, highest rated 4 of those get byes. I wonder if the other two are guaranteed to host.
Oh yeah, I see highest rated conference champs.. There could still be a Power 5, I guess. This should be fun. Also, by then we will have our new coach and maybe we can join the conversation some day of the good teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT