ADVERTISEMENT

“You wanna be a 10 win team and you’re spending in the middle of your conference.” Nebraska 12th out of the 18 teams that will make up the new B1G

He’s 100% correct… it’s guys like you who can’t see that Wins require Money that’re burying this program into the history of ‘Once-good’. It’s shocking you can’t see how this has become reality. Look around.
Is he referring to NIL money? To get better players?
If the reasoning is that we could get better players if we just paid them more, and he knows this as fact, ok I am behind it.

If is for ANYTHING else… then fvck that guy, because he’s the 7th highest paid coach in ALL of CFB and there are probably at least 50+ P5 teams that could beat us and that’s fvckin pathetic.

If the reasoning is that we could get better players if we just paid them more, and he knows this as fact, ok I am behind it.

If is for ANYTHING else… then fvck that guy, because he’s the 7th highest paid coach is ALL of CFB and there are probably 65 P5 teams that could beat us and that’s fvckin pathetic.
Exactly, because he’s getting payed 10 win money himself.

Yes, a lot of really crappy things are "truth", doesn't mean any of us have to agree or accept them.
This is lame pussy excuse making levels of "truth"
So you are cool with Iowa putting more into their program? I find it pathetic, it’s no excuse but think about how it puts you at an advantage over others to spend more.

I’m not sure what Rhule was talking about. But if it’s NIL related, then I agree wholeheartedly. We have to do better.

With our recruiting disadvantages, NIL is finally giving us the ability to level the playing field and get 4 and 5-star players to come to Lincoln. Rhule and Trev can either embrace the change and get us back to being Nebraska, or we can sit around and talk about the way things used to be while saving money and enjoying Indiana level results.

Nebraska is going to have to spend more to compete for championships; just that simple. Programs with a weak in-state recruiting base always do.

1. He’s making much more than 12th out of the HCs in the Big 10.
2. He also went low with his staff.
3. It reeks of excuse making
You saying he didn’t spend the amount budgeted on his staff? The AD sets budget for that.
Reeks of excuse making? I do not find it acceptable that Nebraska with its extremely popular program spends less than Iowa does. That’s pathetic. Time this program and/or NIL steps up. Or leave support as it is and continue to stink.

Ok, I was a Rhule supporter… but someone making 9 mil a year, and is top 4 in the conference is saying we need to spend more to win 10 games?
WTF is he talking about?
Sorry, dudes about to go on my shitlist
you realize it’s about far more than what the head coach makes? Don’t be so short sighted.

You saying he didn’t spend the amount budgeted on his staff? The AD sets budget for that.
Reeks of excuse making? I do not find it acceptable that Nebraska with its extremely popular program spends less than Iowa does. That’s pathetic. Time this program and/or NIL steps up. Or leave support as it is and continue to stink.
So we agree. Perfect.

Yes, a lot of really crappy things are "truth", doesn't mean any of us have to agree or accept them.
This is lame pussy excuse making levels of "truth"
Do you even know the question he was answering when he said that? I don’t think you do otherwise you wouldn’t call it excuse making.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Every one knows where I stand on NIL

..... but I really did think other fans were going to donate. I'm honestly surprised we haven't achieved more in that area.

Every one knows where I stand on NIL

..... but I really did think other fans were going to donate. I'm honestly surprised we haven't achieved more in that area.
It’s more than just NIL- we have been talking about recruiting support for years. N should be number top 5 in country in both personnel and $$ for that area. Do we think it is?

And it’s about f*cking time this came out of his mouth. THIS is why he may or may not be looking @ A&M. Nebraska, with the dichotomy between the expectation of winning but complete lack of commitment from the fan base, is where talented coaches come to die. He should flee to Texas unless things change IN A HURRY. Should’ve happened by now.

Our fan base isn’t committed to winning, they just wanna bitch about it. My respect for Rhule just went up a lot, but I hope for his sake he knows when to bail; and not fall on his sword.

So I just watched the clip and he didn’t even actually mention Nebraska or what they are spending. He was just giving advice to TW on what kind of job he should take.

Was he also pointing out that Nebraska needs more commitment to FB? I don’t know maybe.

Last edited:
Maybe he's right. OSU and MI have big booster support. No reason we shouldn't be near them.
We have no where near the alumni support of those schools. Look at the schools endowments - which is a marker of a schools alumni base wealth and willingness to give

Nebraska has one of the lowest by far university endowment -2nd to last -both in absolute value and value per enrollment. We have a smaller overall endowment than Grinnell college

Our endowment is 15 BILLION less than Michigan and 5 billion less than OSU

We have no where near the alumni support of those schools. Look at the schools endowments - which is a marker of a schools alumni base wealth and willingness to give

Nebraska has one of the lowest by far university endowment -2nd to last -both in absolute value and value per enrollment. We have a smaller overall endowment than Grinnell college

Do schools use their endowments to support their football programs? I thought our Athletic Department was self-sufficient.

Keep in mind that we are 13 days away from the portal opening. IMO, this is a shot at someone’s NIL Collective or an offer that Tony White received from another school.

I don’t know if that’s 1890 or not. But I have noticed that Rhule, Alberts and Ewald are careful with their words in pressers in regards to 1890. But as I’ve posted in several threads, I’m with Ewald in the fact that NIL will all be in house by 2026.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that we are 13 days away from the portal opening. IMO, this is a shot at someone’s NIL Collective or an offer than Tony White received from another school.

I don’t know if that’s 1890 or not. But I have noticed that Rhule, Alberts and Ewald are careful with their words in pressers in regards to 1890. But as I’ve posted in several threads, I’m with Ewald in the fact that NIL will all be in house by 2026.

It’s going to be complete chaos when the portal opens. N better have something ready but not really confident.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
This pissed me off. This ****ing guy hired Doogie ****ing houser and retained Raiola along with hiring a drunk. What a ****ing pussy. This guy is on the clock now.
Excited Bill Murray GIF

He was answering a question about Tony White taking a head coaching job while also getting his own dig in

With regards to White - we may never face the collection of offensive ineptitude that the 2023 delivered. White’s stock may never be higher after putting up those defensive numbers playing horrible offenses
I agree. He was talking about Tony White and it was a caution to White not to take a HC job where the expectations were for 10 wins but the school spending was middle of their conference.

Reactions: huntered and WHCSC
I didn't see the press conference, but went to Reddit to get a bit more perspective.

From a poster over there: "Glad I listened to the press conference. The context for this was entirely what Rhule recommends White consider before choosing his next job. WTF this is insanely misleading."

So, this sounds like a clickbait title from a clickbait tweet.

Rhule hired Satterfield.

And made him the highest paid coach here not mamed Matt Rhule.

And Satterfield has absolutely SHIT THE BED. By any measurement. We might have one of the absolute worst offenses ever fielded by a P5 team.

Clean up your own backyard.
Not to mention, Doogie, Raiola and the drunk.

I didn't see the press conference, but went to Reddit to get a bit more perspective.

From a poster over there: "Glad I listened to the press conference. The context for this was entirely what Rhule recommends White consider before choosing his next job. WTF this is insanely misleading."

So, this sounds like a clickbait title from a clickbait tweet.
He was referring to White, however his message - beware of jobs where the expectation is to be at the top end of the conference but spending is bottom half - applies to Nebraska if the spending numbers are to be believes

Reactions: huntered
Could you tell more about those "talented" coaches? ;)
Bo was a talented coach. Riley was a Trojan horse intended to destroy our football team for a decade (winning), and Frost whilst talented got paid and gave up. That’s my take there.

If is for ANYTHING else… then fvck that guy, because he’s the 7th highest paid coach in ALL of CFB and there are probably at least 50+ P5 teams that could beat us and that’s fvckin pathetic.
He’s absolutely referring to NIL, and sent a shot across the bow to the AD… and I love that he did. Needed to happen a year ago.

What are you trolls arguing about(or just trying to stir up the masses is more likely)? He so 100% right about the spend if true, and I love it. Rhule is going to be pressured like crazy to get this program over the hump…as he should for that salary. Dude should put it all out there and call out what he needs to. Rhule was given the keys and if it’s a shit car being fed bad gas, then driving it to success is almost impossible. Let em’ know coach!

What are you trolls arguing about(or just trying to stir up the masses is more likely)? He so 100% right about the spend if true, and I love it. Rhule is going to be pressured like crazy to get this program over the hump…as he should for that salary. Dude should put it all out there and call out what he needs to. Rhule was given the keys and if it’s a shit car being fed bad gas, then driving it to success is almost impossible. Let em’ know coach!
He better hire some better coaches to start.

Bad gas, like Satterfield and Raiola?

What about sec schools. We should be able to compete with sec schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT