ADVERTISEMENT

“You wanna be a 10 win team and you’re spending in the middle of your conference.” Nebraska 12th out of the 18 teams that will make up the new B1G

Is he referring to AD spending on football or NIL spending?

NIL would be hard to really know, wouldn't it? AD spending would be what, recruiting and coaching staff?

Reactions: BTF69
Well if he gets the kind of financial backing he’s looking for he better deliver. From what I’ve heard is that NIL donors are pissed about the Sims debacle.
I refuse to believe the NIL market for Sims was that competitive this past offseason given his body of work at Georgia Tech. Not exactly the type of player that'd warrant a Cam Newton-level bidding war.

I’m looking for context on this one. With the $155M facility and now the $500M + stadium addition, I find it hard to believe we are 12th out of 18 teams if Facility / stadium spending is included.
Is he referring to AD spending on football or NIL spending?

NIL would be hard to really know, wouldn't it? AD spending would be what, recruiting and coaching staff?
Mostly assistant coaching salary pools. But it's hard to not also look at our NIL collective when it's a toss up between Jeff Sims or Ochaun Mathis being the most high-profile transfers we've gotten so far.

I refuse to believe the NIL market for Sims was that competitive this past offseason given his body of work at Georgia Tech. Not exactly the type of player that'd warrant a Cam Newton-level bidding war.
It wasn’t the competition of getting him, it was the amount of money they payed for the results they got.

• Haha
Reactions: ciurej 2.0
Mostly assistant coaching salary pools. But it's hard to not also look at our NIL collective when it's a toss up between Jeff Sims or Ochaun Mathis being the most high-profile transfers we've gotten so far.

Trey Palmer was a pretty highly regarded transfer and he panned out better than we could’ve hoped for. In the end it’s like recruiting, not every high profile guy will be a hit, but that doesn’t mean you stop playing the game.

Who cares what some
Media guy says. Most are no smarter than the average fan even with some team access the have. They just have the mouthpiece to put it out there and people think they really know more.

I mean Deano Callahan calls himself an expert. That's pretty dam hilarious.

Yes we need to improve in many ways. That's apparent.

I didn't watch this whole press conference and don't understand the context of his response, but it's a really bad look for Nebraska and for him. He's one of the highest paid coaches in the game for below-mediocre results, what financial commitment is he looking for?

You wanna be a 10 win team and you’re spending toward the top of your conference for HC salary?

You wanna be a 10 win team and you’re spending toward the top of your conference for HC salary?
It’s concerning on multiple levels. First he’s speaking publicly about it at a press conference, where perhaps it’s best to converse with Trev in these matters privately. Second, I don’t disagree with his statement but it sounds like scapegoating a bit to me. Complicated situation all around.

Why? Does the truth upset you? For crying out loud there is all this self bravado about how important football is here yet teams like Iowa invest more.
Yes, a lot of really crappy things are "truth", doesn't mean any of us have to agree or accept them.
This is lame pussy excuse making levels of "truth"

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
He was answering a question about Tony White taking a head coaching job while also getting his own dig in

With regards to White - we may never face the collection of offensive ineptitude that the 2023 delivered. White’s stock may never be higher after putting up those defensive numbers playing horrible offenses
So does this mean we’re paying our DC too low of a salary and not willing to increase this?

shots fired at the AD/Chancellor

or at the fan base
And it’s about f*cking time this came out of his mouth. THIS is why he may or may not be looking @ A&M. Nebraska, with the dichotomy between the expectation of winning but complete lack of commitment from the fan base, is where talented coaches come to die. He should flee to Texas unless things change IN A HURRY. Should’ve happened by now.

Our fan base isn’t committed to winning, they just wanna bitch about it. My respect for Rhule just went up a lot, but I hope for his sake he knows when to bail; and not fall on his sword.

Ok, I was a Rhule supporter… but someone making 9 mil a year, and is top 4 in the conference is saying we need to spend more to win 10 games?
WTF is he talking about?
Sorry, dudes about to go on my shitlist
He’s 100% correct… it’s guys like you who can’t see that Wins require Money that’re burying this program into the history of ‘Once-good’. It’s shocking you can’t see how this has become reality. Look around.

And it’s about f*cking time this came out of his mouth. THIS is why he may or may not be looking @ A&M. Nebraska, with the dichotomy between the expectation of winning but complete lack of commitment from the fan base, is where talented coaches come to die. He should flee to Texas unless things change IN A HURRY. Should’ve happened by now.

Our fan base isn’t committed to winning, they just wanna bitch about it. My respect for Rhule just went up a lot, but I hope for his sake he knows when to bail; and not fall on his sword.
Could you tell more about those "talented" coaches? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT