ADVERTISEMENT

“You wanna be a 10 win team and you’re spending in the middle of your conference.” Nebraska 12th out of the 18 teams that will make up the new B1G

But $400M for backseats and a contiguous concourse sounds so much better than getting 5star players and winning championships
The politics surrounding donors and NIL is complex in Nebraska. Shelling out 400 million for stadium renovations seems practical because it probably needs to be done at some point anyway. While the prospect of potentially giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to 18-22 year olds seems asinine to many donors.

Maybe you guys were not surprised by this, but I was. When I was in Lincoln last May I was impressed with all the new building going up around campus involving sports. There is no reason Nebraska is not higher on this list. It comes across as the Huskers wanting to be a powerful successful player, but want to do it on the cheap. Is this the simple answer for the decline of Husker football over the last 20 years? Who are the Huskers ahead of on this list? Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern and Minnesota? That is pathetic. Oregon has Phil Knight money, Seattle has big money that will take care of U Dub, USC has a rich and influential alumnus, UCLA, but it is a very big school with lots of wealthy donors. I think these schools are going to bring speed to the BIG and the rest of the conference better be ready. Trev better go earn his money.

Don't bring up the weather being a factor. At the same time last Saturday Nebraska was playing in relatively good weather in far north Wisconsin, Washington was paying Oregon State at Corvallis in a torrential 40-degree rainstorm. Corvallis is 47 miles from the Ducks.
We're in the top part of the 'middle third' of universities in terms of what's available to spend from donations. Would guess around the 60th/70th percentile. And its a guess, based on published available general endowment available to both public and private universities. We're not in the top 60. Donations that could go EITHER to general or athletic endowment funds (i.e. Obesity Seats in East Stadium for $450M), or directly to athletes thru NIL. Allegedly.

tOSU/Michigan have and will always have exponentially more money at their disposal (and we're permanently f*cked from an NIL standpoint until it's regulated/capped because of this), but we're paying our players well under what we could be. Well below what other similarly-endowed programs are paying theirs. We're over-performing (IMHO) in facility development, yet dramatically under-performing the market with NIL.

We don't suck because our facilities aren't up to date. We're like Top 1%, without adding Obesity Seating. We're not an impoverished program, at all. We SHOULD be in the top 3rd of the BiG, including the New BiG, in terms of being able to afford better talent; our fanbase has to-date simply chosen not to. OR, the athletic Dept is holding out on it for reasons they're not talking about. A little transparency would go a long way here, IMHO. Something OBVIOUSLY stinks to high hell here.

Reactions: Wasker77
The politics surrounding donors and NIL is complex in Nebraska. Shelling out 400 million for stadium renovations seems practical because it probably needs to be done at some point anyway. While the prospect of potentially giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to 18-22 year olds seems asinine to many donors.
^^^^ this is an example of the type of logic seen on message boards HERE, and very seldom anywhere else. This sentiment seems strangely Unique to Nebraska fans. People actually defending seats for Fat People being more important than putting quality athletes on the field. Makes me giggle.

^^^^ this is an example of the type of logic seen on message boards HERE, and very seldom anywhere else. This sentiment seems strangely Unique to Nebraska fans. People actually defending seats for Fat People being more important than putting quality athletes on the field. Makes me giggle.
I’m mean Nebraska is a conservative midwestern state. Like I said most around here seem to scoff at the idea of paying players to play college ball. I hate when other fanbases say “ their stuck in the 90’s”, but when it comes to the reality of recruiting in college football today Nebraska is way behind for the expectations they have.

Reactions: ciurej 2.0
If you think about it, the fact he said this about another program seems to suggest he feels good about the money Nebraska has given as it relates to all things football not named NIL. If he is cautioning TW not to take jobs like this, why would he have taken the Nebraska job if it weren’t up to snuff?

I’m mean Nebraska is a conservative midwestern state. Like I said most around here seem to scoff at the idea of paying players to play college ball. I hate when other fanbases say “ their stuck in the 90’s”, but when it comes to the reality of recruiting in college football today Nebraska is way behind for the expectations they have.
We’re 1000% stuck in the 90’s. 90’s are never coming back. Our advantage in strength training is gone, never to return. The REALITY that the best talent will more often than not goto the program that puts the most money in their bank account is probably also never going away, and that reality is evidently COMPLETELY lost on a huge % of our fanbase. They’re in the Denial stage.

Full disclosure I talked with a dude who works in the athletic dept last game. No names, obviously. And I know no one likes the whole ‘I heard a guy talking to someone’s sister’s best friend’ bullshit, this was a guy who seemingly legit knows, was introduced by another donor… basically said our athletic dept won’t deal with NIL as currently structured with another well-known but Unnamed (M.D.) former Husker player at its helm. They’re legislating a way around it, somehow doing it internally, and I don’t know exactly what that means. They want to compete and pay players, just they’re just hamstrung at this present moment.

Hope it’s true. If there’s no BIG change starting very soon (the offseason is starting Saturday, after all), we SHOULD start seeing a lot of empty seats. Mine’ve been either empty or sold for the most part this year.

• Love
Reactions: ciurej 2.0
We’re 1000% stuck in the 90’s. 90’s are never coming back. Our advantage in strength training is gone, never to return. The REALITY that the best talent will more often than not goto the program that puts the most money in their bank account is probably also never going away, and that reality is evidently COMPLETELY lost on a huge % of our fanbase. They’re in the Denial stage.

Full disclosure I talked with a dude who works in the athletic dept last game. No names, obviously. And I know no one likes the whole ‘I heard a guy talking to someone’s sister’s best friend’ bullshit, this was a guy who seemingly legit knows, was introduced by another donor… basically said our athletic dept won’t deal with NIL as currently structured with another well-known but Unnamed (M.D.) former Husker player at its helm. They’re legislating a way around it, somehow doing it internally, and I don’t know exactly what that means. They want to compete and pay players, just they’re just hamstrung at this present moment.

Hope it’s true. If there’s no BIG change starting very soon (the offseason is starting Saturday, after all), we SHOULD start seeing a lot of empty seats. Mine’ve been either empty or sold for the most part this year.
It’s common knowledge who “M.D.” is. If this person is such a problem why can’t he be forced out? He was practically forced out of the athletic department if I’m not mistaken.

It’s common knowledge who “M.D.” is. If this person is such a problem why can’t he be forced out? He was practically forced out of the athletic department if I’m not mistaken.
That’s what I’m not 100% clear on, the politics of that whole situation. Wish it were made clearer for everyone. Would put an end to this hysteria, baseline depression and sense of impending doom.

Exactly. Pump him up to the media about being ready to be a head coach BUT telling him “not yet and not that one”.
Yeah but it still sure SEEMED like he was talking about US, ya know fans expecting 10 wins but willing to commit very little to support that.

‘If The Shoe Fits’…

Total pussy move by Rhule. He needs to look in the mirror instead of talking shit during a press conference.
Cool story douche bag, STFU idiot..... Jesus most of you that post on here regularly must have really enjoyable life's 😂 to be arguing with others idiots on a free message board about how to fix Nebraska football when most of you never accomplished a thing in sports is absolutely hilarious

Yeah but it still sure SEEMED like he was talking about US, ya know fans expecting 10 wins but willing to commit very little to support that.

‘If The Shoe Fits’…

Nebraska fans willing to commit very little to support the football program? I’m not sure that shoe does fit.

Broadly speaking, he was referencing situations where the expectations exceed the financial commitment to meet those expectations. While he may have been referencing Syracuse specifically, those circumstances seem to match the description at NU.
Expectations at NU are to be at or near the top of the conference while spending is in the bottom half to third of the conference.
In fact the expectations to financial mismatch maybe wider at NU than Syracuse.

Unless Rhule was just talking about head coaching salaries where he is in a situation where he is making top tier conf money for a long duration and it doesn’t really matter to him the university spend on the rest of the stuff because he gets paid regardless

Last edited:
Nebraska fans willing to commit very little to support the football program? I’m not sure that shoe does fit.
We’re definitely either a) FAR below what other similarly-endowed programs are putting into their NIL initiatives, or b) the funds are there but not being put onto the football field. Either way, you can’t not see the resistance here in paying the more talented 18 year olds to come play for our program.

My biggest issue is that this is fairly unique to Nebraska fans. Goto other teams message boards, specifically those linked to actually successful teams, and tenor of discussion is very different. Nebraskan Conservatism is wholly responsible for the abysmal state of our team. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Regardless of one’s personal feeling about Matt D. I don’t know how anyone could expect him to succeed in this position. He was the front guy for the Frost hire and the go between the program under Frost and the boosters.
So you now have the same guy who went to the boosters to fund the biggest fraud in program history (Frost) and now he is charged with going back to the boosters and raising more money after asking them to invest in Frost. Who in their right mind would invest in what that guy was selling after stumping so hard for Frost

Chip Kelly and other UCLA supporters are asking for donations to their NIL collective.

You really only hear what you want to. Not sure how this coach hurt you, but you should learn to let it go.

The guy isn't making any sort of excuse, and I don't recall him making one to date. He is giving good advice to his DC, on picking the right job.

The irony of this post coming from you is hysterical.

Hey, @TampaBaySkers you should listen to him. He's the board authority on only hearing what he wants to hear...and not letting it go...and obsessing about a coach...and especially taking things out of context.

Lmfao

The irony of this post coming from you is hysterical.

Hey, @TampaBaySkers you should listen to him. He's the board authority on only hearing what he wants to hear...and not letting it go...and obsessing about a coach...and especially taking things out of context.

Lmfao

I appreciate the continued obsession from the Coach Prime fan club, even on Thanksgiving day. No days off for the super fans.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
I appreciate the continued obsession from the Coach Prime fan club, even on Thanksgiving day. No days off for the super fans.

What's this have to do with Deion Sanders? Weird that you would go there. Seems you're the one obsessed.

What's this have to do with Deion Sanders? Weird that you would go there. Seems you're the one obsessed.

Because that is what has your little feelings so hurt. Keep fighting that good fight for your guy, I look forward to your continued stalking.

Last edited:
Because that is what has your little feelings so hurt. Keep fighting that good fight for your guy, I look forward to your continued stalking.

What a weird and failed deflection.

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving and also find some truth in your life.

Cheers

What a weird and failed deflection.

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving and also find some truth in your life.

Cheers

You are still crying, on Thanksgiving, about someone questioning the Cu coach months ago. Get a freaking grip and stop the creepy ass stalking and obsessing already .

Nebraska has an assistant coach salary pool of $7M. The top 4 spenders nationally are over $9M.

Some like Wisconsin are doing it on the cheap with a pool of $5.4M but even Michigan State was giving Mel Tucker $7.5M before he got fired after upping his pool by $1.5M when he redid his contract last year.

Nebraska's pool probably should be at $8.5M anyway and now likely needs to be at least that much. And sooner rather than later if we want to keep White.

Last edited:
Reactions: wvuhskr
Nebraska has an assistant coach salary pool of $7M. The top 4 spenders nationally are over $9M.

Some like Wisconsin are doing it on the cheap with a pool of $5.4M but even Michigan State was giving Mel Tucker $7.5M before he got fired after upping his pool by $1.5M when he redid his contract last year.

Nebraska's pool probably should be at $8.5M anyway and now likely needs to be at least that much. And sooner rather than later if we want to keep White.
No way with the turds Rhule hired for his first year. Most of the coaches he hired are inexperienced and in no way should be good paid more then what they are getting right now. Give White a raise and the rest need to win more than 5 games before they deserve shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT