ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral to Rutgers

Seems strange to transfer to a place that is at Ground Zero of Covid-19. The odds of Rutgers being able to play (or even practice) anytime soon are very slim IMO.
I had the exact same thought. Interesting choice. All of the signs from the B1G, their administration and their governor leads me to think they won't be playing regardless of what the rest of college football does.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Okay. Initial review shows a pretty deep QB room at Rutgers with maybe 7 or 8 players currently in place. Could this be more about what he wants to do after football? Maybe his dream is to work on Wall Street someday and he feels a Master’s from Rutgers helps open some doors. Happy Trails NV.

I wish him well, though I wonder if Frost/Huskers being on Rutgers schedule played any part in his decision.

Okay. Initial review shows a pretty deep QB room at Rutgers with maybe 7 or 8 players currently in place. Could this be more about what he wants to do after football? Maybe his dream is to work on Wall Street someday and he feels a Master’s from Rutgers helps open some doors. Happy Trails NV.

Lol.... Its not deep. That QB room is a mess. The best competition he will face is their true freshmen who hails from a small town in New York. And Small town New York High School football is much worse than Small Town Nebraska high School football.

Reactions: ron313
I wish him well, though I wonder if Frost/Huskers being on Rutgers schedule played any part in his decision.
It may have made him think twice about going there, but I highly doubt that he chose Rutgers because they play Nebraska this year.

It may have made him think twice about going there, but I highly doubt that he chose Rutgers because they play Nebraska this year.
A better option for him probably would have been a MAC school but I suspect with their announcement earlier this week the MAC has probably been crossed off of a lot of lists by prospects.

Reactions: headcard
maybe I'm a jerk, but I don't get all the well-wishing.

guess we'll see if his ability backs up the belief in himself that he should be 'the guy'.
I’ve got no hard feelings toward the kid. He wants to play and found a place he can. I’m surprised it is at this high of a level, honestly. But I’m happy for him, seems like a good kid, just not the kind of QB we need to turn the corner here.

If I was a betting man I'd say Frost and Vedral had a nice chat about Joe BurrowS.

Nonetheless good luck to him, I'm sure Schiano wants to run the offense Frost and Ryan Day run. Good, heady player to have and teach younger players knowledge of the system.

A better option for him probably would have been a MAC school but I suspect with their announcement earlier this week the MAC has probably been crossed off of a lot of lists by prospects.
announcement didn't impact football, and the same day Central Michigan announced its plans to have in-person classes in the fall.

the MAC, like most other conferences, is desperate for a payday.

Reactions: dinglefritz

I don't think he chose Rutgers only because they play Nebraska, but I highly doubt it had no bearing on his decision.

Perfect landing spot for the kid if for no reason other than to settle a debate amongst a few posters on this forum....a debate I'm not involved in, but have read through ad nauseam.

Assuming NU beats RU and 2AM/LM stay healthy for the next two years, we'll all be witnesses to a consequence-free experiment telling everyone exactly how far Noah Vedral can take a struggling B1G program versus the guys Frost favored.

Last edited:
I don't think he chose Rutgers only because they play Nebraska, but I highly doubt it had no bearing on his decision.
Are you trying to say that he chose Rutgers in part because they play Nebraska next year so that he can seek some kind of revenge against Frost and Nebraska?

maybe I'm a jerk, but I don't get all the well-wishing.

guess we'll see if his ability backs up the belief in himself that he should be 'the guy'.
While I chuckled at all the $5 footlongs Vedral's presence on the field induced, I've never heard him claim that he should be "the guy." Maybe he's transferring because he feels that both academically and football-wise, his career at NU has run its course. If he found a master's program at Rutgers that's to his liking and is paid-for, why not go there and start a new chapter?

someone better tell rutgers they're not going to have a season (with fans)
Right? This is what I don't get. He was quoted saying, he really felt like he could compete and win the starting spot at Neb, but the way spring has played out it didn't work out. Yet he thinks he will have a better chance to be a started at Rutgers, where he has to learn a new system, mesh with new teammates, get use to new coaching styles and still compete with 3 other QBs. All this and relocate to an area in the hot spot of this outbreak and to a program than may not even play football this year. All things considered I think his odds were better here. I wonder if there was more to this decision that just football.

Right? This is what I don't get. He was quoted saying, he really felt like he could compete and win the starting spot at Neb, but the way spring has played out it didn't work out. Yet he thinks he will have a better chance to be a started at Rutgers, where he has to learn a new system, mesh with new teammates, get use to new coaching styles and still compete with 3 other QBs. All this and relocate to an area in the hot spot of this outbreak and to a program than may not even play football this year. All things considered I think his odds were better here. I wonder if there was more to this decision that just football.
new is probably exactly what he was looking for, since the staff familiar with him deemed him a backup.

perhaps fresh eyes will view him differently.

This move by Vedral is all about the future and little or nothing at all to do with football.

Reactions: SkerInCo
While I chuckled at all the $5 footlongs Vedral's presence on the field induced, I've never heard him claim that he should be "the guy." Maybe he's transferring because he feels that both academically and football-wise, his career at NU has run its course. If he found a master's program at Rutgers that's to his liking and is paid-for, why not go there and start a new chapter?
The guy graduated . A lot of athletes graduate and move on if they have eligibility. Good for him. He wasnt going to be the starter here....time to set himself up otherwise.

The guy graduated . A lot of athletes graduate and move on if they have eligibility. Good for him. He wasnt going to be the starter here....time to set himself up otherwise.
Agree completely. He never once (that I'm aware of) complained about playing time, and is just looking for new opportunities. Good luck to him.

Reactions: huskerfan66
This move by Vedral is all about the future and little or nothing at all to do with football.

I thought Vedral wanted to go into coaching? Didn't he say that's why he followed Frost to Nebraska in the first place? Maybe he changed his mind in the last two years.

I thought Vedral wanted to go into coaching? Didn't he say that's why he followed Frost to Nebraska in the first place? Maybe he changed his mind in the last two years.
He can get a master's degree from Rutgers and still go into coaching.

Or, because he's a bright guy, do any number of other things with his life.

Reactions: TFrazier
I think I read he wants to coach. A Master's would do him well if he wants to work his way up. This is a smart move...move on and get an advanced degree paid for....

he certainly could've stayed and got his advanced degree paid for, too.

anyone who doesn't think he wants to start is fooling themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT