ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the CDC Covid Data Tracker, Covid hospitalizations are up 21.6% and Covid deaths are up 8.3% for the week. Summer numbers have been low of course, but I, my wife and one of my SILs contracted Covid on a cruise and I'm assuming a number of other passengers ended up in that same boat. Our cases were not reported, and I would imagine case counts are difficult to track. But this is not true of hospitalizations and deaths.
If I'm a parent and case counts rise in the fall a bit more than expected, I'd rather have my kid in school wearing a decent mask than shuttering the schools again. But then again, I'm not a political reactionary when it comes to viral biology.
Let’s start calling COVID what the new variants really are. They’re A BAD COLD! It’s ridiculous to continue the hysteria. 99.99% of the people getting hospitalized now have serious pre-existing health problems. Just like for flu there’s a vaccine for those of us with health issues. It’s time to get on with life.

Let’s start calling COVID what the new variants really are. They’re A BAD COLD! It’s ridiculous to continue the hysteria. 99.99% of the people getting hospitalized now have serious pre-existing health problems. Just like for flu there’s a vaccine for those of us with health issues. It’s time to get on with life.
I wouldn't call what I had a "bad cold". It was 3-4 days of flu symptoms (pretty intense for days 1 and 2), followed by fatigue that didn't fully abate for about another 2 weeks. I was about 7 months out from a bivalent booster. My wife, who got absolutely hammered by Covid in early October of 2020, had symptoms that were milder.

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
So what. Damn man. We can’t shut down the country for every new bug that hospitalizes sickly old people like me.
This I say anything about "shutting down the country"? No. Could case counts and associated hospitalizations rise to a level that would prompt a response to mitigate that increase? Maybe, but not likely. I suspect that some people will take measures themselves should Covid incidence increase.
I am very much over mask wearing, but should circumstances warrant putting one back on, I would do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT