ADVERTISEMENT

Harper Murray DUI

Another one that knows nothing of what they speak. Take a lap also. When it's your daughter and unborn grandson that gets killed by a drunk driver, you'll think differently. Again, this is part of what's wrong with this society.
Speeding kills more than drunk driving. Just a statical fact. I’m very sorry for what happened to your daughter.

Speeding kills more than drunk driving. Just a statical fact. I’m very sorry for what happened to your daughter.
so that makes it acceptable? Again, part of what is wrong with our society. Thank you for the sentiments. I hope and pray it never happens to you or your family. I promise you'll feel differently about speeding, drunk driving, and speeding while drunk if it does. If it doesn't, then there is something horribly, horribly wrong with you.

Last edited:
Driving at that BAC is deadly. The young man (college age) that killed my daughter was at .162 an hour after the accident. That's one of the problems with our society. We make light of very serious situations instead of actually doing something about it. I feel sorry for you.
That situation sucks, sorry!

so that makes it acceptable? Again, part of what is wrong with our society. Thank you for the sentiments. I hope and pray it never happens to you or your family. I promise you'll feel differently about speeding, drunk driving, and speeding while drunk if it does. If it doesn't, then there is something horribly, horribly wrong with you.
Agreed.

Appreciate the prayers. Thank you.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
One, she's young and gets a mulligan as long as no one got hurt.
Two, this is a different climate than when many of us were young. Getting shitefaced in your dorm room or a friend's place is one thing, but getting behind a wheel in any era ain't smart. She gets her mulligan but is also on notice.
Mulligan? Is that what the county attorney is going to say you get a mulligan since you are young?

I asked the person that said she gets a mulligan if that is what they think the county attorney will say.
By mulligan do you mean "do over"?

I mean, I guess? She will not drive for 3 months and pay a fine and then she will be back to like it never happened.

She is not going to jail, she is not losing her car forever. 90 days and probably checking in with a probation officer 3 times.

If they drew blood and the nurse/cop doesn't show up, she will get nothing.

Another one that knows nothing of what they speak. Take a lap also. When it's your daughter and unborn grandson that gets killed by a drunk driver, you'll think differently. Again, this is part of what's wrong with this society.
It’s unfortunate you share your story on here and some people don’t see the dangers people take when driving drunk. That guy commenting to you likely drives drunk multiple times a week. It’s why he talked to you like he did initially then wanted to try to apologize to you.

Driving at that BAC is deadly. The young man (college age) that killed my daughter was at .162 an hour after the accident. That's one of the problems with our society. We make light of very serious situations instead of actually doing something about it. I feel sorry for you.
I'm really sorry for your loss, horrible.

By mulligan do you mean "do over"?

I mean, I guess? She will not drive for 3 months and pay a fine and then she will be back to like it never happened.

She is not going to jail, she is not losing her car forever. 90 days and probably checking in with a probation officer 3 times.

If they drew blood and the nurse/cop doesn't show up, she will get nothing.
She isn't even 21. I think she loses her license for a year at least? Should be even longer imo.

Anytime I see someone get a DUI I shake my head. Uber from O street to even South Lincoln is only $25 tops. Such an easy way to avoid the problem. With that said, I agree with “it shouldn’t ruin her life” crowd. Would be curious to know the details of her obstructing and whether it was legitimate or not.
Ignorance must truly be bliss.

It used to be a severe wait to get an Uber at 1am or 2am. And $25 is a lot when you go out and only have $20 to spend.

We've kind of been around and around on this, but I just want to point out that your counterpoint about speeding doesn't really hold water.

Dogs kill far more people in the US than sharks every year, but sharks are far more dangerous than dogs. The raw numbers you're citing don't take into account the frequency of encounters with both types of drivers. There is a huge difference in scale.

Here's another analogy I am sure will get your attention - which is more deadly - Covid or Ebola?

We've kind of been around and around on this, but I just want to point out that your counterpoint about speeding doesn't really hold water.

Dogs kill far more people in the US than sharks every year, but sharks are far more dangerous than dogs. The raw numbers you're citing don't take into account the frequency of encounters with both types of drivers. There is a huge difference in scale.

Here's another analogy I am sure will get your attention - which is more deadly - Covid or Ebola?
Why would sharks be more dangerous to humans? You can 100% control if a shark ever attacks you by just not going in the ocean.

Everybody been that wrecked before. However, why, in the age of Uber and Lyft people still drive home after this is beyond me.

Reactions: NebChicago
Everybody been that wrecked before. However, why, in the age of Uber and Lyft people still drive home after this is beyond me.
I think the simple answer is...because you don't think you are that bad off?

Just put it another way...how many girls/guys have banged people they NEVER would have banged just because they were drunk? We just make dumb choices. The only reason I have had sex with TWO (no, I am not bragging) different girls, is because of booze.

Well - when you are trashed you aren’t exactly thinking like you would if you were sober. Uber Lyft etc makes total sense right now.

Don’t know about others but I was freaking BROKE in college - so swinging $25 for a ride wouldn’t have been an option at the time. But certainly is easy to justify now. If you are planning to drink - don’t drive to the destination so there isn’t even an option to drive home if you’ve been drinking.

Ozzy - I couldn’t imagine the pain you and your family have endured. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Mulligan? Is that what the county attorney is going to say you get a mulligan since you are young?
No, virtue signaler. From this poster she gets one mulligan as long as no one was hurt.

But since you (not me) brought up county attorney, ever heard of diversion? A number of first offender DUI defendants get it.

Of all things to try to get pissy about......

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
No, virtue signaler. From this poster she gets one mulligan as long as no one was hurt.

But since you (not me) brought up county attorney, ever heard of diversion? A number of first offender DUI defendants get it.

Of all things to try to get pissy about......
I did not think about that and you are probably right, diversion is probably what will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT