ADVERTISEMENT

Harper Murray DUI

Athletes especially the elite ones have to play under different rules
Ok Feeny. Boomers would have gotten their drink dumped out and a phone call to their parents. Dumb times we are in

7c567849bf3cbd1b8baaa69bbb0697f1e061a905.gifv

Mr. Rodgers? It’s now backwards and prudish to say that impaired driving and putting others at risk is the stuff of poor decision-making? Maybe I am missing your point.
It’s naive and backwards to think it doesn’t happen a ton. It’s naive and backwards to think everyone doesn’t know it isn’t ok.

Reactions: libbity bibbity
This will, unfortunately, limit her ability to find employment in certain fields. In the pharmaceutical, surgical or medical sales field they won’t hire someone with a prior DUI. We got to the final hiring stages with a kid fresh off the University of Miami baseball team. Was an All American catcher and high round draft pick previously. We couldn’t hire him for what would have been a great career opportunity. I felt terrible telling him. He sobbed there in the office and was devastated. I felt bad for the kid as he would have been a great hire but my hands were tied.

D1 athletes go into sales a lot. This is an unfortunate mistake.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I’ve watched some Husker volleyball but I could never ID her on the street. Lots of bouncers in Lincoln probably have no idea who she is.
^^^This. Then add in the people that don’t watch volleyball. Plenty of people have no idea who she is or what she looks like.

This will, unfortunately, limit her ability to find employment in certain fields. In the pharmaceutical, surgical or medical sales field they won’t hire someone with a prior DUI. We got to the final hiring stages with a kid fresh off the University of Miami baseball team. Was an All American catcher and high round draft pick previously. We couldn’t hire him for what would have been a great career opportunity. I felt terrible telling him. He sobbed there in the office and was devastated. I felt bad for the kid as he would have been a great hire but my hands were tied.

A medical student who gets a DUI has a very difficult time matching with a residency program. One mistake can cost tens of thousands of lost earning potential.

Just HM, be smarter, please. We still love you
If I had gotten pulled over every time I drove home from the bars in college they would have locked me up and thrown away the key. Be smarter and college student are mutually exclusive terms. The police are a LOT less tolerant of drunk college students than they were 47 years ago.

If I had gotten pulled over every time I drove home from the bars in college they would have locked me up and thrown away the key. Be smarter and college student are mutually exclusive terms. The police are a LOT less tolerant of drunk college students than they were 47 years ago.
I know more than you think.

It’s naive and backwards to think it doesn’t happen a ton. It’s naive and backwards to think everyone doesn’t know it isn’t ok.
Okay….not sure who thinks it doesn’t happen often. That has nothing to do with rightness or wrongness. If I am disappointed and think it’s wrong…I am a naive, cardigan-wearing Fred Rodgers?

Reactions: OzzyLvr

You dodged a bullet. If he can’t handle the rejection of a job offer without sobbing he won’t be able to hear “no thank you” without curling up into the fetal position in his car.

When I hire sales people - I first tell them they didn’t get it just so I can see their reaction, if they don’t sob in the chair … I yell “PYSCHE!!!!” And offer them the job … it’s a unique approach.

Her being an athletes nothing to do with it If you had a loved one killed by a drunk driver you wouldn’t make the Mr Rogers comment.
Low IQ comment.

Do we have to tiptoe around everyone for every possible tragedy? No. Stop being a victim.

Yeah guys never screw over women...ever. It's always been a one way street there.
Sorry, Alan Alda, first, loved you in MASH

Second, I meant that is when she will have all the power and it will be her turn. Not that men don't screw over women. It is generally just a cycle.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Murray was recently named to the 2024 USA Volleyball U21 National Team. I wonder if this incident will make any difference regarding that.

Anyway, I'm glad no one was injured while she was driving impaired. I was certainly no saint at her age. I hope she doesn't have a substance abuse issue.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT