ADVERTISEMENT

Harper Murray DUI

Murray was recently named to the 2024 USA Volleyball U21 National Team. I wonder if this incident will make any difference regarding that.

Anyway, I'm glad no one was injured while she was driving impaired. I was certainly no saint at her age. I hope she doesn't have a substance abuse issue.
Man...this is a lot.

We need one of those "Jump to Conclusions" mats.

Man...this is a lot.

We need one of those "Jump to Conclusions" mats.

EtlD5SXXMAAj05T.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Sorry, Alan Alda, first, loved you in MASH

Second, I meant that is when she will have all the power and it will be her turn. Not that men don't screw over women. It is generally just a cycle.
You are one warped mother.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You are one warped mother.
Well thank you! :)

But it is true. Girls realize the power they have as they get a bit older (not too old of course)

Hot girls especially from 21-29ish basically, once they realize their power, have it made. That age range for them gives them so many options when it comes to who they date, how they date, what they can expect and so on.

It is not a bad thing! I was hanging with this girl I knew who had this stunning cousin, she pointed her out at the party we were at and goes "That is my cousin, she is dating that guy there" the guy she was dating was a good 20 years old and owns a big car dealership. I said to her "Good for her!" That girl knew her worth, her power. She totally had that guy wrapped around her finger.

But it is true. Girls realize the power they have as they get a bit older (not too old of course)

Hot girls especially from 21-29ish basically, once they realize their power, have it made. That age range for them gives them so many options when it comes to who they date, how they date, what they can expect and so on.

It is not a bad thing! I was hanging with this girl I knew who had this stunning cousin, she pointed her out at the party we were at and goes "That is my cousin, she is dating that guy there" the guy she was dating was a good 20 years old and owns a big car dealership. I said to her "Good for her!" That girl knew her worth, her power. She totally had that guy wrapped around her finger.
And he was using her for what he wanted. It isn’t so much about power for most of us. It’s about fulfilling each other’s needs for companionship and social interaction. And yeah for most it’s about the desire to have a family. Again, you do you but your perspective on marriage and the family is part of the cause of the decline of our society.

Reactions: tjlSker90

I refer to really hot women as "big sack girls". In grade school we gave each of our classmates valentines. We walked around the classroom and put them in a sack on each kid's desk. The prettiest girl got all the really big valentine cards, and therefore had the largest sack. Very pretty girls have been treated specially since birth and they know it.

I married one of them and still am married 36 years later. It has been challenging what with all the foot-stomping, hair-flipping, nostril-flaring, mind-changing, etc. But I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Speeding kills way more people than drunk driving.

Throw anyone in jail that speeds!!!
Not a bad point. Dangerous driving of all kinds should be far more severely punished than it is. You gonna tell your kids you're fine with them driving drunk?

Not a bad point. Dangerous driving of all kinds should be far more severely punished than it is. You gonna tell your kids you're fine with them driving drunk?
Of course not. But someone’s life shouldn’t be ruined if they had too much to drink and drive. If someone got hurt because of it then yeah a lot of trouble, but if no victims then shouldn’t kill your future.

Sounds like you’re in the camp of if it saves just one life then do it? I assume you’ve also had several covid boosters as well.

So in 90s man world.. people shouldn’t be allowed to drive, drink, go outside when sunny, go outside during thunderstorms, play any sport, eat fatty foods, eat sugary foods, smoke, have sex, go on airplane, skydiving…

You are a penny thrift manager. We aren't talking about "anything", we are talking risk to the public. Let the grown ups talk, please.
If you were smarter you'd see you're talking about risk. I'm merely pointing out that you accept these risks daily without considering them, but overreact on the internet discussion about them so you can virtue signal. If you were a grown up you'd realize that and stop acting like every time someone drives after drinking alcohol they kill people.

None of these arguments make sense. So because all of life is inherently risky, we should not protect ourselves by minimizing unnecessary risk?

Driving is extremely risky...also necessary. I bet you don't drive with a blindfold on, though, and neither should a person drive drunk.

I'm in agreement that a first time DUI should not ruin a life. Unfortunately, a first time drunk driving accident sure can. A quick glance at the recent drunk driving fatalities where I live shows the perps were repeat offenders. If only the punishment had been severe enough the first five times...

I’ve watched some Husker volleyball but I could never ID her on the street. Lots of bouncers in Lincoln probably have no idea who she is.

I doubt the bouncers in Lincoln see too many 6-foot-3 athletic black girls....especially if she is out with other tall athletic girls...would be fair to assume she is a Husker VB or BB player

And he was using her for what he wanted. It isn’t so much about power for most of us. It’s about fulfilling each other’s needs for companionship and social interaction. And yeah for most it’s about the desire to have a family. Again, you do you but your perspective on marriage and the family is part of the cause of the decline of our society.
My views on it are what help women realize they are free now, free to work and make their own life and not have to rely on a man and be stuck with them because they have no options.

None of these arguments make sense. So because all of life is inherently risky, we should not protect ourselves by minimizing unnecessary risk?

Driving is extremely risky...also necessary. I bet you don't drive with a blindfold on, though, and neither should a person drive drunk.

I'm in agreement that a first time DUI should not ruin a life. Unfortunately, a first time drunk driving accident sure can. A quick glance at the recent drunk driving fatalities where I live shows the perps were repeat offenders. If only the punishment had been severe enough the first five times...
I get it, 100%.

I think what people are saying is that if you drink at all, you have driven while impaired. Unless you only drink at home in the dark, while crying (Like I do).

So the "there is no excuse" crowd really doesn't mean that UNLESS they don't drink at all. Because again, if you have gone out to the bars for happy hour or golfing with your friends or out to dinner and you drank, you drove impaired.

I used to play a lot of golf scrambles, fund raising things. The beers, shots, Jello Shots, they flowed like crazy. These were well off educated adults...and by 2pm everyone was drunk/impaired. I bet at least 50% drove home impaired at 5-6pm after the auction/dinner.

It is not right it is very common though and my guess is that 99% of the posters here are guilty of it.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I get it, 100%.

I think what people are saying is that if you drink at all, you have driven while impaired. Unless you only drink at home in the dark, while crying (Like I do).

So the "there is no excuse" crowd really doesn't mean that UNLESS they don't drink at all. Because again, if you have gone out to the bars for happy hour or golfing with your friends or out to dinner and you drank, you drove impaired.

I used to play a lot of golf scrambles, fund raising things. The beers, shots, Jello Shots, they flowed like crazy. These were well off educated adults...and by 2pm everyone was drunk/impaired. I bet at least 50% drove home impaired at 5-6pm after the auction/dinner.

It is not right it is very common though and my guess is that 99% of the posters here are guilty of it.
I think there is a difference between having a few drinks and being impaired. That is why there is a legal threshold for BAC.

I imagine many people have driven while impaired, whether they know it or not, though I do not think it is as ubiquitous as some imagine. Different social circles and types of recreational activities make a difference. So does urban vs rural. A lot of people in large cities hardly ever drive at all. There are many reasons why states like Montana have the highest rates of DUI.

Sounds like we agree

Reactions: 90sman
I think there is a difference between having a few drinks and being impaired. That is why there is a legal threshold for BAC.

I imagine many people have driven while impaired, whether they know it or not, though I do not think it is as ubiquitous as some imagine. Different social circles and types of recreational activities make a difference. So does urban vs rural. A lot of people in large cities hardly ever drive at all. There are many reasons why states like Montana have the highest rates of DUI.
Sure, there is a legal threshold but that has to do more with the ability to ticket/fine and prosecute. Before Breathalyzers it was just a guessing game which clearly would not work in court today.

The idea that there is a big difference from .07 to .09 is at best not realistic. Just like .10 might not effect everyone the same exact way.

In the end, we have all done it, I would imagine. We know we shouldn't but we all make excuses.

At that BAC she was tore up. She’s a lush
At her size and weight and the legal limit is .08 just a best estimate two drinks and she was over the legal limit. I’m a lot bigger and if we go out for dinner and several drinks I let the wife drive home she doesn’t drink alcohol and it just not worth a ticket

I doubt the bouncers in Lincoln see too many 6-foot-3 athletic black girls....especially if she is out with other tall athletic girls...would be fair to assume she is a Husker VB or BB player
By this response pretty much sums up she is not as recognizable as one would think.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
You dodged a bullet. If he can’t handle the rejection of a job offer without sobbing he won’t be able to hear “no thank you” without curling up into the fetal position in his car.

When I hire sales people - I first tell them they didn’t get it just so I can see their reaction, if they don’t sob in the chair … I yell “PYSCHE!!!!” And offer them the job … it’s a unique approach.
That hiring practice must come from Michael Scott’s book of sales leadership. 😉

Anytime I see someone get a DUI I shake my head. Uber from O street to even South Lincoln is only $25 tops. Such an easy way to avoid the problem. With that said, I agree with “it shouldn’t ruin her life” crowd. Would be curious to know the details of her obstructing and whether it was legitimate or not.

I refer to really hot women as "big sack girls". In grade school we gave each of our classmates valentines. We walked around the classroom and put them in a sack on each kid's desk. The prettiest girl got all the really big valentine cards, and therefore had the largest sack. Very pretty girls have been treated specially since birth and they know it.

I married one of them and still am married 36 years later. It has been challenging what with all the foot-stomping, hair-flipping, nostril-flaring, mind-changing, etc. But I wouldn't have had it any other way.
“Big sack girls” has a different meaning in Thailand ( and Io_a)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT