ADVERTISEMENT

@Zack Carpenter Please Let Us Know If Our Personal Info Has Been Compromised

No but you can do quite a bit with a name and an email address
Your name and email has been breached multiple times before today.. Ever heard of the Equifax breach? Odds are pretty high that your name, address, date of birth, driver's license, and SSN are already out there.

As long as you didn't use a debit card, you are fine. You've got 60 days to dispute charges on credit cards. The good cards have fraud departments who will catch anything fishy before you do.
I haven't had a credit card in 20 years, but use only a VISA debit card. They have a fraud division and I occassionally get calls about suspect charges. All I have to do is say I didn't make that charge, and it goes away.

It may be that my local bank has the connection with VISA since they are the ones who have some of my money. Remember, when you put money in the bank, its not your money, its the banks money and you are an unsecured lender.

Did they steal our information before or after all the spamming?

If someone is trying to steal your personal information, don't you think they'd do it as quietly as possible?

Naw. Not in here. They can't get anything by you smooth brains. Thanks for keeping us protected!

Did they steal our information before or after all the spamming?

If someone is trying to steal your personal information, don't you think they'd do it as quietly as possible?

Naw. Not in here. They can't get anything by you smooth brains. Thanks for keeping us protected!
Or was it a distraction? Was that in the curriculum at San Angelo?

The scariest thing is that tons of companies have scraped this website and all it's posts to train their AI models. Just think of someone of the stupidest posts on the forum and that somewhere an AI model is being trained to think that way.

Reactions: HuskerJag
And not to forget AT&T just released that hackers got all account information including metadata about calls and texts for 110 million people. So while they can't see the content of the calls or texts, they know who,when,where you called and texted. But don't worry, they offer you identity protection like all the other breaches and act like that's enough.

You mean that really nice guy that offered to fix my computer, that I gave my credit, debit, SSN, Netflix and only fans login info to, was up to no good?

I should have known, by the look of his avatar.

5f89783acfd460e5ab2e4566e7387be46f6fe72092d10454bdeb721d48af886b_1.webp

Are you Zach’s free board handle?
Good lord. I've been here since it was named Pederson's something or other. Used to spend my Sunday's advocating for keeping Solich's 10-3 coaching staff together. Called out Stevey P and Harvey for what they were long before the losses piled up. And never changed my user name once and I still only have the same account.

You can have your opinion and I will have mine. But stop being so damned dramatic. I've never reported anything to anyone to get someone banned nor do I have some other bonus account for some guy named Zach. Conspiracy theories work better in politics with morons that will believe everything they are told. Doesn't work on reality based sports messsage boards.

I haven't had a credit card in 20 years, but use only a VISA debit card. They have a fraud division and I occassionally get calls about suspect charges. All I have to do is say I didn't make that charge, and it goes away.

It may be that my local bank has the connection with VISA since they are the ones who have some of my money. Remember, when you put money in the bank, its not your money, its the banks money and you are an unsecured lender.
Well said. Maybe your debit card is an exception to the rule, but credit cards usually have more fraud detection due to legal requirements. I would recommend getting a cash back credit card just for the rewards and pay it off every month. I've got hundreds in cash back every year doing just that. You obviously sound like someone who has the fiscal responsibility to do that if you wanted to.

And not to forget AT&T just released that hackers got all account information including metadata about calls and texts for 110 million people. So while they can't see the content of the calls or texts, they know who,when,where you called and texted. But don't worry, they offer you identity protection like all the other breaches and act like that's enough.
What sort of capability do you think hackers have to sift through 100s of billions of metadata points?

Good lord. I've been here since it was named Pederson's something or other. Used to spend my Sunday's advocating for keeping Solich's 10-3 coaching staff together. Called out Stevey P and Harvey for what they were long before the losses piled up. And never changed my user name once and I still only have the same account.

You can have your opinion and I will have mine. But stop being so damned dramatic. I've never reported anything to anyone to get someone banned nor do I have some other bonus account for some guy named Zach. Conspiracy theories work better in politics with morons that will believe everything they are told. Doesn't work on reality based sports messsage boards.
Does that mean we're not meeting up at Hy-Vee?

Well said. Maybe your debit card is an exception to the rule, but credit cards usually have more fraud detection due to legal requirements. I would recommend getting a cash back credit card just for the rewards and pay it off every month. I've got hundreds in cash back every year doing just that. You obviously sound like someone who has the fiscal responsibility to do that if you wanted to.
Problem is??? I dont have anything to pay besides utilities, homeowners/auto insurance, security system, and food. After I pay those I usually take all my money except $ 200.00 out of the account each month.

Last edited:
What sort of capability do you think hackers have to sift through 100s of billions of metadata points?
They won’t sort through them all. They will probably check if high profile people have accounts and go after them. . It’s like being a needle in a haystack of all that data. If you’re an average person they probably won’t bother unless you pissed them off and they want to get back at you.

Problem is??? I dont have anything to pay besides utilities, homeowners insurance, security system, and food. After I pay those I usually take all my money except $ 200.00 out of the account each month.
Pay utilities and groceries on a credit card. I have one card that pays 5% back on two categories you pick-- such as utilities, cell phone, and TV/internet/streaming and 2% on one category- gas, restaurants or groceries. It's US Bank's Cash+ card. That's what I would do, but then I am cheap and I like the idea of gaming the system. Those cash back cards aren't made for people who pay off their card in full every month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT