ADVERTISEMENT

Z Betts

I wonder how it would change your motivation to be deep in your 40s, be given 79 million, with half of it guaranteed. Is it better to put up smoke and mirrors and talk a good game to get as far through your contract as possible or actually work yourself to the bone to do nearly an impossible task, miss your kids childhood, and sacrifice your health to take one of the worst teams in power 5 football with an increasingly difficult conference to above average success, 9-10 wins a year. I just don't see it happening. This just isn't the great reset that the program needed...and Rhule wasn't able to convert his college success into a top 5 coaching staff. Coaches who are doing it for the kids, are not coaching for 79 million, that is just a smart marketing illusion from a master marketer.
You are an insufferable bastard

I agree. I think he should be encouraged to talk to a therapist before being shown the door. Even if football isn't his future he'll need resilience to survive in any career field. It appears that he lacks that.
Was thinking the same originally - any boss and team have expectations.

Where I see a big difference is I don’t have a state and multiple forums, radio and tv programs depending/hinging on my every move during a game and the off-season.

You gotta be cut from a different cloth to handle those expectations.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If it is depression/anxiety related, I suspect it’s something closer to home. An unintentional pressure a family member put in his brain, or one he put on himself. Possibly worried he may never actually live up to it.

How do you determine what’s really anxiety or not?
If it is that bad go to a professional and they can tell you and give you medication or other therapies to deal with, but anxiety is such a crutch. Life is hard, but you shouldn't blame everything on anxiety and depression. Just my personal thoughts. I'm not speaking for Betts specifically, but the event life gets a little hard these days, a lot of young people claim some sort of mental health issue which is probably not there in most cases.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
If it is that bad go to a professional and they can tell you and give you medication or other therapies to deal with, but anxiety is such a crutch. Life is hard, but you shouldn't blame everything on anxiety and depression. Just my personal thoughts. I'm not speaking for Betts specifically, but the event life gets a little hard these days, a lot of young people claim some sort of mental health issue which is probably not there in most cases.
Understandable. Mental health is just a slippery slope if you’ve been lucky enough to not suffer from it. The battle of getting help vs telling yourself youre a man and don’t need help out of fear of looking weak.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Understandable. Mental health is just a slippery slope if you’ve been lucky enough to not suffer from it. The battle of getting help vs telling yourself youre a man and don’t need help out of fear of looking weak.
I too have a mental health pet I call snuggles.

Helps me ignore reality.

Don't kid yourself into thinking all professionals are above board with that stuff either. There are plennnnnnnnnty who will confirm said BS mental health disorder and happily continue taking your money for the treatment of such. Not saying there aren't a lot of legit mental health issues like anxiety, depression, etc and legit doctors to diagnose and treat them. But there are a lot of each that are the opposite of legit, too.

Don't kid yourself into thinking all professionals are above board with that stuff either. There are plennnnnnnnnty who will confirm said BS mental health disorder and happily continue taking your money for the treatment of such. Not saying there aren't a lot of legit mental health issues like anxiety, depression, etc and legit doctors to diagnose and treat them. But there are a lot of each that are the opposite of legit, too.
Agreed.

Reactions: king_kong_
It's a similar situation to ADHD. No one in the world has ever gone to a doctor while claiming to have ADHD and had the doctor tell them "No you don't, dummy. You need to decide/choose to sit down, shut up, and listen."

IF I recall correctly after the last time he quit he had an issue with a pot arrest and something else. It just seemed like he was drifting aimlessly. IMO the structure of football would be a good thing for him and I don’t see anything good coming from him quitting.
I am pretty sure he had a pot arrest, but blew off his court date and was busted on a warrant when he was pulled over. Not sure....but I think he was pulled over somewhere in SW Iowa and was on a suspended license or something.

So, they ran him and found the warrant. I could be wrong on the specifics, though.

I really chalk that up to....all "kids" are dumb. At least I was. Lol.

You are right, though. Some structure would serve ANYONE well at that age. Hopefully he as that now.

Edit: Sorry about the bold letters. I am not sure what was going on with that. I guess my keyboard wanted me to stand out as being important or something.

Last edited:
weed and school don't mix..weed slows down the electrons firing in the brain.
rickey willians thru his career away over it...I think gregory struggled with it too

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I wonder how it would change your motivation to be deep in your 40s, be given 79 million, with half of it guaranteed. Is it better to put up smoke and mirrors and talk a good game to get as far through your contract as possible or actually work yourself to the bone to do nearly an impossible task, miss your kids childhood, and sacrifice your health to take one of the worst teams in power 5 football with an increasingly difficult conference to above average success, 9-10 wins a year. I just don't see it happening. This just isn't the great reset that the program needed...and Rhule wasn't able to convert his college success into a top 5 coaching staff. Coaches who are doing it for the kids, are not coaching for 79 million, that is just a smart marketing illusion from a master marketer.
I'll say this. I am certainly not a member of the grammar Police. So, if someone types a bunch of incoherent bullshit, but I have seen some of their stuff before and it has made some sense, I'll continue reading. If it hasn't....and they have proven themselves to be a complete dumbphuk, I will laugh and move on.

I am laughing and moving on. My condolences to your parents.

Based off your sentence structure and grammar you smoked a substantial amount of weed
Baboon Monkey GIF - Baboon Monkey Butt GIFs

It's a similar situation to ADHD. No one in the world has ever gone to a doctor while claiming to have ADHD and had the doctor tell them "No you don't, dummy. You need to decide/choose to sit down, shut up, and listen."
This. I don't think they all have some evil motive behind it. They just feel like they need to "treat" everyone with something. Sometimes the treatment should be to work through the problem.

I say this having a stepson on depression meds. Which I strongly disagree with. His depression started when he started dating his crazy whore girlfriend. I'm confident if he dated a normal chick his depression would disappear.

Every ailment - mental & physical - can be healed with diet, exercise, sleep and stress reduction.

No meds needed.
I don’t know about everyone because there is such a thing as a chemical imbalance, but you are mostly right.

People gotta get up and move and do something. Engage their bodies and minds into a productive activity. Then, at the end of the day, the person is tired, and they just fall asleep.

It’s all of this sitting around and stewing bullshit that is mental cancer. Looking at social media and eating a bag of chips or tub of ice cream is the exact opposite thing to do to get out of a mental funk. That and get around some people that are positive and doing stuff. I think some people convinced themselves that they are depressed and look to fulfill their own prophecy.

IF I recall correctly after the last time he quit he had an issue with a pot arrest and something else. It just seemed like he was drifting aimlessly. IMO the structure of football would be a good thing for him and I don’t see anything good coming from him quitting.
I don't remember the exact details, but there was a citation where they found a minimal amount of weed in March 2022. They issued a warrant for a failure to appear and he was arrested after being pulled over for speeding. They didn't even give him a ticket for speeding.

I just don't think it is very fair to claim he was drifting aimlessly because he got caught with a joint in the ashtray while driving in Sioux City. Sounds like a whole lot of projecting. My son quit playing football in his junior year of high school, he was pretty good, he just hated playing so he stopped because it wasn't fun for him. So he found something else that he did like.

I don't remember the exact details, but there was a citation where they found a minimal amount of weed in March 2022. They issued a warrant for a failure to appear and he was arrested after being pulled over for speeding. They didn't even give him a ticket for speeding.

I just don't think it is very fair to claim he was drifting aimlessly because he got caught with a joint in the ashtray while driving in Sioux City. Sounds like a whole lot of projecting. My son quit playing football in his junior year of high school, he was pretty good, he just hated playing so he stopped because it wasn't fun for him. So he found something else that he did like.
Nothing against nothing, but you are also projecting now.

I am pretty sure he had a pot arrest, but blew off his court date and was busted on a warrant when he was pulled over. Not sure....but I think he was pulled over somewhere in SW Iowa and was on a suspended license or something.

So, they ran him and found the warrant. I could be wrong on the specifics, though.

I really chalk that up to....all "kids" are dumb. At least I was. Lol.

You are right, though. Some structure would serve ANYONE well at that age. Hopefully he as that now.

Edit: Sorry about the bold letters. I am not sure what was going on with that. I guess my keyboard wanted me to stand out as being important or something.
YOU MUST HAVE HIT THE BOLD TYPE PRINT. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerDana
Nothing against nothing, but you are also projecting now.
ok. the kid didn't like football. He received a misdemeanor citation for having a controlled substance, probably marijuana. He didn't show up for court. 10 months later, while driving in Lavista, he was pulled over for speeding, and they saw the failure to appear warrant. The Lavista cops gave him a warning for speeding and arrested him for the failure to appear. He paid the ticket and that was over.

None of this is evidence of drifting aimlessly.

I don't know much about the subject. We actually need an expert in this field to guide us. So where the hell is Jamekon?

ok. the kid didn't like football. He received a misdemeanor citation for having a controlled substance, probably marijuana. He didn't show up for court. 10 months later, while driving in Lavista, he was pulled over for speeding, and they saw the failure to appear warrant. The Lavista cops gave him a warning for speeding and arrested him for the failure to appear. He paid the ticket and that was over.

None of this is evidence of drifting aimlessly.
I've got a take on this, not that I disagree Tuco.

I do think kids like Betts, and Mo Washington, among hundreds of thousands of kids fall into a gap they can't get out of, and it probably happened when they were younger and in school.

Now, I'm not saying kids like this are stupid, I'm saying they're not even close to average students, and yes, some of them are just plain stupid. The school system just passes them through and passes them through, the learning just never takes hold, they lack the aptitude to do normal classwork, yet, they get a pass early on because they can catch a ball or run a football extremely well.

They get pressured (by a parent, a coach, a friend) to try sports and they find out they really possess talent. So they play the game almost as if they just want to get people off their ass, but deep down, they really don't enjoy the game. They don't enjoy school, they don't enjoy trying to learn, they don't enjoy whatever sport they're in. They just enjoy whatever it is they personally enjoy.

Eventually, they get to the college level, or even deeper into high school and they realize no matter how hard they try, they just don't "get it" or understand the playbook. Then it becomes a bigger challenge. Tudors, maybe the continued use of pot to relax their world, next thing you know, they're checking out mentally.

Look at Mo. Talent. He showed up at practice when he felt like it, arrived smelling like a marijuana factory, lived on Chik fil A all day long, but was still a really good player. He could have been all everything if he had the right stuff. He never got past the loss of his dad at a very young age. He, right or wrong, used that as a crutch for many his failings. Some kids, I think most kids, under those circumstances would have busted their balls over the years to make the old man proud. But not Mo. That was the world that somehow gave him sanctuary.

I don't know Betts from the man in the moon. Yes, he had a lot of talent. Maybe even NFL talent. But, he didn't want it, might have taken it if it were given to him, but lacked the requisites to do it on his own. I hope the kid finds happiness.

Reactions: resdog851
Every ailment - mental & physical - can be healed with diet, exercise, sleep and stress reduction.

No meds needed.
This 100% and sugar is the biggest contributor. One of my kids was having a lot of challenges last year and we just eliminated sugar and she is a brand new kid. 99% of the issues she was dealing with went away. It's pretty crazy actually what diet does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT