ADVERTISEMENT

Your First "Uh-Oh" Moment with Scott Frost

His first PC when he thanked the former players for coming to welcome him and said it looked like a lot of them had been eating too much. Right then I started questioning his ability to be a "CEO". You don't dump on guys for being fat who have come, some from a long way to welcome you, even if you are trying to make a joke. It was tasteless.

When I heard him talk to recruits and their families about there being more to life than football. Save that speech for after a career ending injury.

Reactions: FissionReaction
His first PC when he thanked the former players for coming to welcome him and said it looked like a lot of them had been eating too much. Right then I started questioning his ability to be a "CEO". You don't dump on guys for being fat who have come, some from a long way to welcome you, even if you are trying to make a joke. It was tasteless.
That. And then when he told the media they better not bug his wife. Thats the medias job. Not saying the media should , but he came across as a dick making demands like that.

2018 Colorado
4th quarter with about 4 minutes remaining and Nebraska had the lead and the ball after the Buffs missed the field goal. Instead of burning the play clock to 3 to 5 seconds or possibly forcing CU to burn time outs, they were snapping the ball with 15 to 25 seconds. A total "WTF were you thinking" moment.

Really?

I was really excited when he decided to come coach the Huskers! I thought he would be a great recruiter! Not! Sean C. Said some former Huskers thought Scott could coach & a great many thought not! Tommie F. Comment after the Iowa game Memorial Stadium, as he won't get it done! Adrian or Frost? The older players asking Coach Frost to talk with the younger players! Saying publicly that his Offensive line coach Austin disagree on how an offensive line should block! Scott, you are the head coach! Saying Illinois came out in a different front than they practiced for! All the Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, coaches laughing at Scott! Publicly throwing players under the bus! Not recruiting running backs! I gave him 4yrs! I'm totally trusting that he had knowledge! Sorry about paragraphs as I got started!

For me, it was the Colorado game in 2019.

NU dominated the first half of that game and looked like they had shaken the rust off of the lackluster season opener. You might remember we received the 2nd half kick-off, but began the possession by calling a time-out. We ended up completely unravelling, giving up 24 4th quarter points - including a tying TD in the final minute. You might also remember that we really didn't have a kicker in that game. The game ended with our punter attempting a 48 yard FG in OT, after our OT possession went backward.

After that game, I remember wondering how in the world we blew that game.
Mine was when I saw he was bringing his defensive coordinator to Nebraska with him.

Reactions: FissionReaction

NU dominated the first half of that game and looked like they had shaken the rust off of the lackluster season opener. You might remember we received the 2nd half kick-off, but began the possession by calling a time-out. We ended up completely unravelling, giving up 24 4th quarter points - including a tying TD in the final minute. You might also remember that we really didn't have a kicker in that game. The game ended with our punter attempting a 48 yard FG in OT, after our OT possession went backward.

No…Cu the year before.. gameover if no Pi on an uncatchableball

As a coach? In 2016, he lost to Michigan 51-16, but in the post game interview he claimed that UCF "out hit" us.

scottfrostucf.jpg

Good comments. “When he brought all of his assistants from UCF”…I had forgotten until you all mentioned it, that I was a little concerned about that at the time, too.
Right. No better time to go out and get better assistants than when the situation is fresh and the stink hasn't set in.

2019 Minnesota when we got blown out. 34-7 Frost threw his guys under the bus because they were wearing hoodies during warm ups.
For me that wasn't an "uh-oh," that was "oh-shit." Then, Fleck essentially talking about how easy it was to run on us, and why

For me, it was him and the staff laughing on the sidelines when they thought they had the Northwestern game in the bag with 3 minutes left in 2018. Total lack of seriousness.

You must not hang around guys very often, especally former teammates. That was a good one for the boys.

2018 Colorado, most disorganized mess of a game I've ever seen at the collegiate level.

Reactions: dand84
You must not hang around guys very often, especally former teammates. That was a good one for the boys.
I don’t have a problem with the comment, it just isn’t a comment you make at a presser. Of the whatever number of people watching, about 10% would understand the “being around the boys” aspect. This has been his problem in many aspects. He simply doesn’t know how to read a room or a situation.

My issue right off the bat was the excuses of talent not knowing the playbook. He didn't have that issue down at UCF so why here all of a sudden? Seemed he went from a players coach to a dick overnight.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Mine was when he first got hired and said he doesnt yell or curse at kids. They dont need to have a fear of failing. What? Are kidding me? Everybody should fear failure. Its not ok to fail repeatedly. If you dont have a fear of failure you wont mind failing and continue to fail. Being hard on kids will teach mental toughness. Something this team and all of Frosts team have severely lacked. Hence the reason for so many one loss games. That and he isnt an in game coach. He has no clue what is happening during the game. He will watch video amd tell ya tomorrow.

It was a clear misstep to continue to place blame on the previous staff and Riley’s recruits after every loss those first 2 seasons. It’s like he didn’t realize that Riley recruits were still on his team. He never seemed to be a “take the blame” guy, always pointing out a scapegoat. Was weird to see, from an outsider's perspective.

When his teams didn't show steady year-over-year improvement.

A build up for me in regard to QB eval/recruiting. No to burrow then wanting mcaffrey. Total wtf are you thinking.

Reactions: kbowe1sat
My first hint of Uh-Oh is him saying the B10 will have to adjust to us. A part of me loved the cockiness, but the other part of me was like damn dude, why don't we actually do something first. Saban etc would never say crap like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT