ADVERTISEMENT

Year 1 expectations for Dylan?

I'm also much more interested in Yards/Attempt than raw yardage totals

"mentally soft bust" Caleb Williams's worst year in that category was 9.1

anything over 9 is considered uber elite

granted, he had the benefit of not playing in a satterfield offense

Reactions: cmags82huskers
yards & completion percentage look a little low

TD passes perhaps a little high, but probably a pretty good number - 53 guys threw 20 or more TD passes last year

personally, I don't care what the stats are

number of wins are all that matters
Last statement not so true. Do wins matter? Hell yes. How the wins come will matter more this year. The offense better be an asset this year, not a liability. I expect the O to be a hell of a lot more competent this year. Turnovers drop dramatically. Offense will have to take some lumps but the PPG will be significantly higher this year. The defense won’t have to bail them out every F’n game.

With the Skill players we have with better Oline play, and with an actual QB, the O will be much more exciting to watch!

Last edited:
Fight On University Of Southern California GIF by USC Trojans

Not to me.
It does for me. Like when some people thought the Bo era was great, because he got 9 wins. Even though he barely beat weak F’n teams like McNeese State but got boat raced by Wisky.

Being happy with mediocre QB play while the offense makes the D work much much harder than they have to isn’t good football.

It’s not enjoyable to watch just because they squeaked out a Dub against a shittier opponent.

It does for me. Like when some people thought the Bo era was great, because he got 9 wins. Even though he barely beat weak F’n teams like McNeese State but got boat raced by Wisky.

Being happy with mediocre QB play while the offense makes the D work much much harder than they have to isn’t good football.

It’s not enjoyable to wins just because they squeaked out a Dub against a shittier opponent.
Good.

I’m glad at least somebody still has expectations around here.

My year 1 expectations for Dylan, 60% completion percentage 2,400 to 2,800 yards 20tds 10ints 5 rushing tds. Atleast be positive in rushing yards Dylan won't have a lot of rushing yards.

That’d be a reasonably good freshman season. Combine that with a decent running game and a good defense that could mean an 8-10 win season.

Hoping for 1/2 the TO’s and twice the TD passes. Involvement with TE’s and a few deep ball attempts each game. Hopefully his accuracy will be good enough to allow our backs an opportunity to run.

Edit: 7+ wins

Last edited:
I'm also much more interested in Yards/Attempt than raw yardage totals

"mentally soft bust" Caleb Williams's worst year in that category was 9.1

anything over 9 is considered uber elite

granted, he had the benefit of not playing in a satterfield offense
Yes. Would like to be around at least 8.0. If we average 30 attempts per game, that's probably a good sign for the offense.

Reactions: king_kong_
I expect him to get injured at some point and miss some games. But I still expect to see 7 wins at least. But HH has to be better this year so he can come off the bench and help us out. Will he be better? Probably. Better QB coach now. Better receivers. But the key to our season depends on Dylan maturing quickly and staying healthy.

It’s not enjoyable to watch just because they squeaked out a Dub against a shittier opponent.
Not to open an old can of moldy worms, but at least when Bo was the coach, We looked like we could actually play football more games than we Totally sucked. What was weird about those teams is when they got down, they tended to fall apart, but could be decent against most teams that they weren’t scared of.

Hoping for 1/2 the TO’s and twice the TD passes. Involvement with TE’s and a few deep ball attempts each game. Hopefully his accuracy will be good enough to allow our backs an opportunity to run.

Edit: 7+ wins
I assume by TOs you meant INTs?

that'd be 20 TD passes and 8 INT

half the total turnovers would be 20 pass TD and 13 TOs (12.5 to be precise)

I assume by TOs you meant INTs?

that'd be 20 TD passes and 8 INT

half the total turnovers would be 20 pass TD and 13 TOs (12.5 to be precise)
I was thinking total TO’s as a team needs to be cut in half and he shouldn’t be running nearly as much. Personally would be satisfied with either of those lines in year 1

Not to open an old can of moldy worms, but at least when Bo was the coach, We looked like we could actually play football more games than we Totally sucked. What was weird about those teams is when they got down, they tended to fall apart, but could be decent against most teams that they weren’t scared of.
I agree with this with Bo’s early years with Callahan’s recruits. While there were a few guys recruited by Bo’s coaches that were studs (Lavonte David), there were way too many subpar players they recruited and/or did a poor job of developing.

My year 1 expectations for Dylan, 60% completion percentage 2,400 to 2,800 yards 20tds 10ints 5 rushing tds. Atleast be positive in rushing yards Dylan won't have a lot of rushing yards.
10 wins or we can consider this a bust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT