ADVERTISEMENT

y'all have any thoughts on texas and ou to the sec?

AVeritas

Senior
May 29, 2001
the sec and b10 are both top heavy. just looked at nebraska's schedule: https://huskers.com/sports/football/schedule

your boys play no one besides a mercurial but unranked colorado until they visit c'bus game 8. anything less than a 7-0 start would be startling, no? gbr!

my hope is that texas and maybe ou to a lesser extent prove the sec a top heavy fraud. texas winning that league its first year would be hilarious. hook 'em, baby!

the sec and b10 are both top heavy. just looked at nebraska's schedule: https://huskers.com/sports/football/schedule

your boys play no one besides a mercurial but unranked colorado until they visit c'bus game 8. anything less than a 7-0 start would be startling, no?

my hope is that texas and maybe ou to a lesser extent prove the sec a top heavy fraud. texas winning that league its first year would be hilarious. hook 'em, baby!
Hilarious.

Oh another passive aggressive troll attempt. Go to an SEC board and discuss. Little xII sucks

your boys play no one besides a mercurial but unranked colorado until they visit c'bus game 8. anything less than a 7-0 start would be startling, no? gbr!

my hope is that texas and maybe ou to a lesser extent prove the sec a top heavy fraud. texas winning that league its first year would be hilarious. hook 'em, ba

passive-aggressive, nonsense. i expressed directly how i see the schedules and what i hope to see at year's end. i'm surprised N fans find that anything other than a legit attempt to start a conversation about the upcoming season's conference schedules and expected outcomes.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
do-not-feed-troll-danger-sign-feeding-black-white-text-fork-icon-keyboard-93633771.jpg

No, other than that it will be exceptionally pleasant watching the Whorns get shafted or ignored by the SEC on a regular basis. Welcome to the herd, little Bevo.

They’ll be fine. Their slate of games will be tougher. Each program is on a good trajectory. Texas is a top 5 program at the moment IMO

I believe Texas can hang based on the last 2 years against Bama. OU will get prison raped in the SEC.

When we first joined the B1G I had hoped that OU might someday join us. Not so much Texas. It's been so many years now that I no longer care what conference OU is in, although I still like following their games.

Co-worker of mine is a Huge Uterus fan. He said Texas had a big pool party for recruiting yesterday.

I told him it sounded like a strange Sausage Fest with a LOT of Gayness.

WTH?? Texas and Oklahoma are going to the SEC? When did they decide this? And when will they be going? I had no idea this was even a thing! I mean, are you sure this is actually happening? You would have thought there would be posts and threads galore on this topic if it were actually true. But I have never seen a single word about it until this post. Wow!😦

Texas and OU will no longer be the top dog's of the conference, they had it easy in the old BIG2 Little 10. They will now have to face some very daunting schedules in the coming years but I think they will get into the playoffs as one of the 12. Good luck to their fan base if they think things will go along without a hitch.

Texas could very well compete for the title their first year. They have put together some talent.

OU might be middle of the pack. I’ve got the feeling Brent Venables is not head coach material. He sure did take a sweet time to decide. He should’ve been the head guy 20 years ago.

Other than that, I don’t care what either one of them do.

passive-aggressive, nonsense. i expressed directly how i see the schedules and what i hope to see at year's end. i'm surprised N fans find that anything other than a legit attempt to start a conversation about the upcoming season's conference schedules and expected outcomes.
You lack emotional intelligence and self-awareness.

WTH?? Texas and Oklahoma are going to the SEC? When did they decide this? And when will they be going? I had no idea this was even a thing! I mean, are you sure this is actually happening? You would have thought there would be posts and threads galore on this topic if it were actually true. But I have never seen a single word about it until this post. Wow!😦
Next thing you’ll tell me is that the SEC will permit ‘Horns Down’ !!

Pseudointellectual douchebag comes here for the sole purpose of picking an argument, then pisses his pants because he found one. Feels like we've seen this movie about 1,000 times.

Texas could very well compete for the title their first year. They have put together some talent.

OU might be middle of the pack. I’ve got the feeling Brent Venables is not head coach material. He sure did take a sweet time to decide. He should’ve been the head guy 20 years ago.

Other than that, I don’t care what either one of them do.
that's the popular narrative: texas loaded, ou troubled. we will have to see it plays out. i hope they both do well and will watch when there isn't a more compelling b12 matchup. missouri hosts ou, unfortunately they miss the whorns. the texas/aTm match in college station will be epic, must see tv as will be their game at ann arbor. texas fans always treated us with class and respect.

I don't really care where Texas goes but yes I do find it hilariously funny that the Texas academic snobs wound up in the SEC in the end. There was a time when the Texas academics turned up their noses at thought of SEC academics.

Last edited:
both get more money, lhn is dropped and I don't see the sec offices moving to dallas...
I think recruiting in the sec might help 0u more then texas..
seems like there will be more chances for defeats..
but then the play offs make regular season games not as important.
one could lose a conferance champ and be a national champion, which was unheard of not long ago.
I suppose a few years when they make nfl light, it won't matter

Reactions: huskerfan66
both get more money, lhn is dropped and I don't see the sec offices moving to dallas...
I think recruiting in the sec might help 0u more then texas..
seems like there will be more chances for defeats..
but then the play offs make regular season games not as important.
one could lose a conferance champ and be a national champion, which was unheard of not long ago.
I suppose a few years when they make nfl light, it won't matter
Didn’t Georgia win the CFP after losing the SEC championship in 2021?

I don't really care where Texas goes but yes I do find it hilariously funny that the Texas academic snobs round up in the SEC in the end. There was a time when the Texas academics turned up their noses at thought of SEC academics.
i don't know, texas seems to fit nicely with uga in that bottom tier, although the dawgs seem to be in a class by themselves, so to speak.
GTbe9UyXYAIMNIe

i don't know, texas seems to fit nicely with uga in that bottom tier, although the dawgs seem to be in a class by themselves, so to speak.
GTbe9UyXYAIMNIe
Well it wasn't the Texas football team that had the issue, it was the Texas academic professors who looked down on SEC academics.

Texas fans cry like little girls over the horns down thing. They are going to fall apart in the SEC where they are not going to be protected.

OU has been a better football program than Texas overall for about the past 25 years or so. Texas might have a more successful initial season in the sec due to having an easier schedule, but my money is on OU to fare better than texas over the long haul. Texas does less with more than any other program in the country. Except for maybe A&M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT