ADVERTISEMENT

With our 4 new additions the Big 10 is now the new top dog conference!!

If Haarberg was our best QB then we've really sunk to a new low. Honestly, everytime the ball was snapped I cringed because he look awkward in every movement he made. There was just something off in every movement he made. Sure, there is no debating he had speed, but he never looked like a QB. Once teams started zeroing in on him, he froze.
if?

we have the longest bowl drought in P5 by multiple years.

of course we've sunk to a new low. what are you even talking about?

Big sucks.
Listen. I miss the old Big 8 days as well. Those days are long gone. But it is what it is. The Pac 12 is dead. The Big 12 is nothing without Texass and OU. The ACC is going to lose FSU soon to the Big 10. Clemson will probably go SEC.
That leaves 2 mega conferences. Big 10 and SEC. So, the question you have to ask yourself. Are you Big 10 or are you SEC? Last I checked Nebraska is Midwest. Not South or East. We share a border with Iowa. I would much rather be in a conference without Texass. With our 4 new additions it gives us the opportunity to recruit coast to coast. The 4 new teams are all fun to watch. Will make for a very exciting and competitive conference. Big 10 makes the most money and pays our bills. Period.

Last edited:
You gotta like those odds with 22 teams...or however many we're up to.🙃

We already have super easy schedules. We either get better and compete with good teams, or we flounder and it doesn't matter anyway.
The easy schedule narrative has grown as the Husker fans frustration has grown. Historically, playing against the (perhaps) national championship team as well as two other New Year's Day bowl teams and three other teams that won their bowl game is not an easy schedule. And the perception of it being an easy schedule has grown when you compare it to future schedules. And that's really at the heart of what I've been talking about.

Reactions: Wing-Back
This is 2 years old, but you get the idea. It's Big 10 and SEC. Nobody else is in the same stratosphere. Pick a side. Will be more even with our 4 new additions and FSU eventually.

V2-Feature-Image-768x560.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
The easy schedule narrative has grown as the Husker fans frustration has grown. Historically, playing against the (perhaps) national championship team as well as two other New Year's Day bowl teams and three other teams that won their bowl game is not an easy schedule. And the perception of it being an easy schedule has grown when you compare it to future schedules. And that's really at the heart of what I've been talking about.
I don't care about New Year's Day bowls. We played one really good team. The rest were mediocre and very beatable.

The PAC was in decline due to their poor media negotiations and lack of foresight in adding new blood. They could have been like the Big 12 (but never the B1G or SEC) IF they had made their moves. But falling behind in the strategic planning they got picked apart into oblivion.
The irony is, the PAC 12 could have poached from the Big 12 after Texas and Oklahoma announced they were going to the SEC. However the PAC 12 executive committee headed by Carol Folt of USC, vetoed the idea of expanding and as a result, the PAC 12 is dead.

Haarberg was our best quarterback. We haven’t been to a bowl in 6 years and are one of the worst P5 programs in the country.

Milroe is the worst quarterback to play at Bama in at least a decade, probably closer to two decades.

Of course I bet on Michigan. Just like I’ve already bet on Washington to beat them.
Milroe finished 6th in the Heisman voting. That’s voting him the 6th best player in the nation.

He had around 3200 yards and 35 TDs.

And you’re saying he’s the worst QB at Bama in 20 years.

Milroe finished 6th in the Heisman voting. That’s voting him the 6th best player in the nation.

He had around 3200 yards and 35 TDs.

And you’re saying he’s the worst QB at Bama in 20 years.
here's a list of their QBs in the last 20 years.

feel free to share which you think is worse than Milroe:

Brodie Croyle - finished career as all-time Bama passing and TD pass leader
John Parker Wilson - eclipsed all Croyle's records
Greg McIlroy - National Champ
AJ McCarron - 2-time National Champ
Blake Sims - single-season record holder in passing yards and TDs
Jake Coker - National Runner Up, SEC Champ
Jalen Hurts
Tua
Mac Jones
Bryce Young

maybe he's better than Coker? maybe?

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I don't care about New Year's Day bowls. We played one really good team. The rest were mediocre and very beatable.
Your frustration is common obviously. A lot of fans from this and most other fan bases see it that way- most if not all of the games of their schedule were winnable. But now fewer teams top level than ever before will be winning 10 or more games because the schedules will be getting more difficult for everyone. And what we’ll have as a result is more unhappy fan bases than ever before.

Reactions: lazysunday
Your frustration is common obviously. A lot of fans from this and most other fan bases see it that way- most if not all of the games of their schedule were winnable. But now fewer teams top level than ever before will be winning 10 or more games because the schedules will be getting more difficult for everyone. And what we’ll have as a result is more unhappy fan bases than ever before.
More parity coming to college football in the near future.

"We" appear to be moving toward a regular offense. Major speed at wideout and good athletism at TE. A big-time qb with a big-time arm. We strive for better, can Iowa say the same?
I get it. My problem is making statements before we can back it up. For years, we have gotten key recruits that are supposed to be game changers, then we end up getting beat by teams like Iowa and Minnesota time and time again. I’m not a fan of Iowa style, but I am a fan of winning and they have done a lot more of that than us in the last several years.

Quick background - I live in Iowa and for years from that one time in the 1980s when Iowa snuck out of victory over Nebraska until we joined the B1G, all I heard Hawkeye fans say is that if we played every year, they would beat us more times and we beat them. Anyone with a brain would know that the 80s and 90s huskers would’ve walked all over Iowa most years, but they continued to make those idiotic statements.

I feel like we have now morphed into that fanbase, because since joining the B1G, every three times we play them, we lose twice. Until we change that, I just can’t talk smack to them, because I remember what I thought of those knuckle draggers when they made those asinine comments back in the 80s and 90s.

Reactions: Dean Pope
I get it. My problem is making statements before we can back it up. For years, we have gotten key recruits that are supposed to be game changers, then we end up getting beat by teams like Iowa and Minnesota time and time again. I’m not a fan of Iowa style, but I am a fan of winning and they have done a lot more of that than us in the last several years.

Quick background - I live in Iowa and for years from that one time in the 1980s when Iowa snuck out of victory over Nebraska until we joined the B1G, all I heard Hawkeye fans say is that if we played every year, they would beat us more times and we beat them. Anyone with a brain would know that the 80s and 90s huskers would’ve walked all over Iowa most years, but they continued to make those idiotic statements.

I feel like we have now morphed into that fanbase, because since joining the B1G, every three times we play them, we lose twice. Until we change that, I just can’t talk smack to them, because I remember what I thought of those knuckle draggers when they made those asinine comments back in the 80s and 90s.
this is why the offseason is the best

no pesky binary outcomes like "wins" and "losses" by which to compare programs

Reactions: B1G RED RULES

I stand by what I said. Take a look at Iowa's 2024 schedule. Playing it safe and punting all game is going to result in losses. OSU, Washington, UCLA.

2025: Oregon, PSU, USC.
2026: Michigan, OSU, Washington.

Who was the 2nd hardest 2023 Iowa opponent, Wisconsin? That now becomes likely the 4th hardest.

Going to have to have some offense to go along with defense to win a lot of games in the new Big 10. And yes, I realize our schedule is also getting much tougher. I just feel like we are trying to be more explosive on offense with the athletes we have at the skill positions, minus maybe rb.

I'm not hung up on a certain number of wins. I want to see us win the vast majority of winnable games. Doing that for the last __ amount of years would have won the division. Win games like MN, MSU, Iowa, etc and then when you get a recruit like DR it's real momentum.

Reactions: huskerfan66

Jalen Hurts
Tua
Mac Jones
Bryce Young

I’ll start with the first name on your list - Brodie Croyle

His best season ever was his last.
2499 yards
14 TDs
4 INTs
-156 yards rushing
1 rushing TD

Compare to Milroe this season
2834 yards
23 TDs
6 INTs
531 yards rushing
12 Rushing TDs

Quick check of John Parker Wilson had his best season at 2843 yards. 18/12. His senior year he dropped to 2200 yards 10/8.

I’ll keep going down the list

2499 yards
14 TDs
4 INTs
-156 yards rushing
1 rushing TD

2834 yards
23 TDs
6 INTs
531 yards rushing
12 Rushing TDs

Quick check of John Parker Wilson had his best season at 2843 yards. 18/12. His senior year he dropped to 2200 yards 10/8.

Croyle had a 6 year NFL career and played in a different era of offense/rules (pre Targeting).

he's an infinitely better QB than Milroe, who cannot complete an intermediate pass to save his life and who his former OC flat out called "not a QB".

Reactions: Bruce1981
this topic suggests nebraska fans going all missouri sec, sec on us now.
so true

and so laughably cringe inducing

never in a million years would've thought Nebraska fans would stoop to "B-1-G! B-1-G!" chants.

pathetic

• Love
Reactions: AVeritas
This is 2 years old, but you get the idea. It's Big 10 and SEC. Nobody else is in the same stratosphere. Pick a side. Will be more even with our 4 new additions and FSU eventually.

V2-Feature-Image-768x560.png
Right, in the last top 25 college football poll on December 2nd, 12 of the top 13 teams were Big Ten / SEC. The only school in the top 13 that was not Big Ten / SEC is Florida State who is exploring options of leaving their conference despite a 9 figure penalty.

more proof that ohio state is dead and never, ever coming back

Not sure I’m following you but are you saying we didn’t have an easy schedule this year and that it’s just fan fiction?

We had the #62 schedule in football. Only 7 P5 teams in the country had an easier one. That’s pretty damn easy

Not sure I’m following you but are you saying we didn’t have an easy schedule this year and that it’s just fan fiction?

We had the #62 schedule in football. Only 7 P5 teams in the country had an easier one. That’s pretty damn easy
We definitely under achieved

2499 yards
14 TDs
4 INTs
-156 yards rushing
1 rushing TD

2834 yards
23 TDs
6 INTs
531 yards rushing
12 Rushing TDs

Croyle had a 6 year NFL career and played in a different era of offense/rules (pre Targeting).

he's an infinitely better QB than Milroe, who cannot complete an intermediate pass to save his life and who his former OC flat out called "not a QB".

You literally included Croyle on your “these QBs were all better QBs at Alabama”.

I just showed you he’s not.

Then you bring up a “6 year NFL career” as your proof that he’s better than an Alabama sophomore at being an “Alabama QB”.

Your second proof is that his former OC said that he’s “not a QB”. Meanwhile your claim to fame is telling us all season that Haarberg is Nebraskas best QB - despite his last OC telling him that “he isn’t a QB” and sending him to the TE position meetings last season.

Literally can’t make this stuff up. Classic.

Sometimes it’s better to just admit you misspoke.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
More Yards, TDs and a higher QBR than McElroy.

Similar overall yards to Sims. Higher QBR. This is the first one that has better passing stats.

• Haha

Jalen Hurts
Tua
Mac Jones
Bryce Young

Had more yards than McCarron. More TDs. Higher QBR than all but one of McCarrons seasons (Junior)

Wow.

I’m literally dismantling your argument one QB at a time.

• Haha
there are zero people on the planet who would agree with you that Milroe is a better QB than either Croyle or McCarron, who both played QB in the NFL - something Milroe will never, ever do, because he cannot complete short/intermediate passes.

sorry. literally zero.

stats in the highest offensive output, post-targeting era of college football prove nothing. media opinions (LOL!!!!!) prove nothing.

I'm frankly shocked anyone's arguing such an obvious fact.

I'm not hung up on a certain number of wins. I want to see us win the vast majority of winnable games. Doing that for the last __ amount of years would have won the division. Win games like MN, MSU, Iowa, etc and then when you get a recruit like DR it's real momentum.
The problem with your philosophy as I see it is that when our team is mediocre, most of those winnable games were closer to 50/50 propositions. To say that you want to win the "vast majority" of the winnable games is wishful thinking unless you have a very good team. And NU has been far from being a very good team. Any objective analysis can tell you that.

Last edited:
Meanwhile your claim to fame is telling us all season that Haarberg is Nebraskas best QB - despite his last OC telling him that “he isn’t a QB” and sending him to the TE position meetings last season.
Bill, this never happened.

We have heard from HH himself in an interview not 2 weeks ago (posted on this board, recapped on this website) that he never attended anything but QB meetings last year.

why are you making stuff up?

it's really sad to see people stoop this low just to try and prove me wrong. lying, Bill? really?

now that it's been shown to the board that you have no problem inventing your own reality in an effort to further your agenda, how do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously ever again?

a poster with zero integrity and such a casual relationship with the truth is not the kind of reputation you want around here.

be better.

Last edited:

OK, I'll stand corrected by that metric. The way I look at it was that we had a normal schedule that a Big 10 West team would be expected to play. At the time when we played them, Colorado thought that they were a Top 10 team and played like it. Starting out with two difficult (for NU) road games was no walk in the park.

But in any case, the bar to success is being raised greatly. And I'm sick of tired of being sick and tired. So I won't be cheering on the Big 10 if they add Florida State and Miami. And I won't give a damn if the Big 10 teams decide to install gold plated toilet seats in their locker rooms. The only thing that I get out of this is paying more out of my own pocket and the prospect of NU playing a more difficult schedule.

The problem with your philosophy as I see it is that our team is mediocre most of those winnable games were closer to 50/50 propositions. To say that you want to win the "vast majority" of the winnable games is wishful thinking unless you have a very good team. And NU has been far from being a very good team. Any objective analysis can tell you that.
this is a good point and very true (sadly)

The problem with your philosophy as I see it is that when our team is mediocre, most of those winnable games were closer to 50/50 propositions. To say that you want to win the "vast majority" of the winnable games is wishful thinking unless you have a very good team. And NU has been far from being a very good team. Any objective analysis can tell you that.
There have been a ton of winnable games for years. We all know what they look like. Just execute basic plays like everyone else does and we win. Those games.

There have been a ton of winnable games for years. We all know what they look like. Just execute basic plays like everyone else does and we win. Those games.
I think we're just looking at things from a different point of view. You think we should have won those games against easier teams. I think we won about what we should have expected to win because bad teams figure out ways to lose. Bad teams do not consistently execute basic plays.

Reactions: Huskers123456
there are zero people on the planet who would agree with you that Milroe is a better QB than either Croyle or McCarron, who both played QB in the NFL - something Milroe will never, ever do, because he cannot complete short/intermediate passes.

sorry. literally zero.

stats in the highest offensive output, post-targeting era of college football prove nothing. media opinions (LOL!!!!!) prove nothing.

I'm frankly shocked anyone's arguing such an obvious fact.
Croyle was a 3rd round draft pick.
McCarron was a 5th rounder.

Milroe is a projected 1st rounder.

More facts for you. You really don’t know football.

Kong

Laugh all you want. I’m owning you with facts. Over and over.

All you can do is laugh.

Croyle was a 3rd round draft pick.
McCarron was a 5th rounder.

Milroe is a projected 1st rounder.

More facts for you. You really don’t know football.
this is literally an opinion, Bill?

lying? "facts"?

Bill, Bill, Bill. what a shame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT