ADVERTISEMENT

With our 4 new additions the Big 10 is now the new top dog conference!!

Don't be mad. Big 10 is now cashing checks and snapping necks!!
we'll see about the second part

would be very B1G of its best team to blow its load all over its starving, eager fans in the semis only to fall flat when it matters most

Going to be fun next year without the Big 10 west. I think these new teams will help move some teams away from a plodding style of play. Some teams like Iowa will probably still play it safe and be content with 6 or 7 wins.

Bama had Haarberg at QB

Zero surprise, easy money
I am not sure why you hate the B10 so much but every time you parade around about HH realize 'his' victories were over low level B10 teams plus a few division whatever schedule-o-wins. Mich beats Alabama and now Bama was no good. Make up your mind, is it a B10 problem or and SEC issue? The B10 shows up the SEC and you can't give them any credit.

Reactions: mkbrkloster
Bama had Haarberg at QB

Zero surprise, easy money
Confused by this post, I know you’re still super high on Haarberg and that you’ve staked all of your credibility on that opinion. But the next part makes it seem like you’re trying to convince us you bet on Michigan?

Reactions: arf_man
Going to be fun next year without the Big 10 west. I think these new teams will help move some teams away from a plodding style of play. Some teams like Iowa will probably still play it safe and be content with 6 or 7 wins.
Says the program that hasn’t sniffed 7 wins in years. More men coming to the conference to beat up the boys that beat us up.

Reactions: lazysunday
lol

fans like OP are why we would sell out a media check cashing party instantly

fellators, one and all

the B1G ruined college football
The B1G is the reason why there won't be a PAC 12 next season. Of course, the SEC is to blame for the Big 12 losing Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Oklahoma.

Honestly it would probably be more accurate to say that ESPN and Fox are to blame for ruining college football, as well as the transfer portal and NIL.

Obviously going to be a tough conference going forward. The money and the talent will be flocking to the B1G and SEC. FSU sees the writing on the wall and knows why they want to get out of the ACC. It's going to be the power 2 and the next 2 beginning next year.

Says the program that hasn’t sniffed 7 wins in years. More men coming to the conference to beat up the boys that beat us up.
"We" appear to be moving toward a regular offense. Major speed at wideout and good athletism at TE. A big-time qb with a big-time arm. We strive for better, can Iowa say the same?

Reactions: BleedRed78
The B1G is the reason why there won't be a PAC 12 next season. Of course, the SEC is to blame for the Big 12 losing Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Oklahoma.

Honestly it would probably be more accurate to say that ESPN and Fox are to blame for ruining college football, as well as the transfer portal and NIL.
UCLA started it all, but they were going broke, so the Pac 12 media deal probably shares some blame with them.

Reactions: moralvictories
UCLA started it all, but they were going broke, so the Pac 12 media deal probably shares some blame with them.
The PAC was in decline due to their poor media negotiations and lack of foresight in adding new blood. They could have been like the Big 12 (but never the B1G or SEC) IF they had made their moves. But falling behind in the strategic planning they got picked apart into oblivion.

I honestly do not get the people who get excited about conference expansion and the Big 10's chances of earning more money in TV revenue.

1. Wanting to win 10+ games a season and a championship and at the same time also being glad that our schedule will be much more difficult from now on is contradictory.
2. We're not going to see one dime of any of the money from those TV contracts so I don't really care about that either. If anything, I'll be paying more down the road, not less. Is that selfish? Yes. But selfishness is what drives college football these days anyway.

Last edited:
The PAC was in decline due to their poor media negotiations and lack of foresight in adding new blood. They could have been like the Big 12 (but never the B1G or SEC) IF they had made their moves. But falling behind in the strategic planning they got picked apart into oblivion.
The PAC 12 would have been saved had this glorious last season have come just two years earlier. Including Neon Deon at CU. The product that conference put out on the field was the most entertaining football of the season. Bad leadership? No doubt. But better timing would have saved that conference.

I honestly do not get the people who get excited about conference expansion and the Big 10's chances of earning more money in TV revenue.

1. Wanting to win 10+ games a season and champions and at the same time also being glad that our schedule will be much more difficult from now on is contradictory.
2. We're not going to see one dime of any of the money from those TV contracts so I don't really care about that either. If anything, I'll be paying more down the road, not less. Is that selfish? Yes. But selfishness is what drives college football these days anyway.
The "excitement" about more money being doled out to the B1G teams means the ability to hire the best coaches and keep the facilities up to the latest standards vs. the teams not in the B1G or SEC. That's why FSU is so set on getting out of the ACC. Both coaches and facilities are important to the recruiting process.

For example, it would have been much harder for Nebraska to do things like the top notch new facility just opened, the south stadium remodeling, hiring Rhule and keeping Tony White. B1G media money helped a lot in all those things.

By most accounts, the Pac 12 media deal, or lack thereof, was 100% to blame. Don't remember all the details, but I remember at the time I heard them thinking it was one of the worst cases of mismanagement I'd ever heard of.
Lack of in-game attendance during covid and declining attendance overall in revenue sports also hurt UCLA. IIRC.

Confused by this post, I know you’re still super high on Haarberg and that you’ve staked all of your credibility on that opinion. But the next part makes it seem like you’re trying to convince us you bet on Michigan?
He did bet on Michigan to win - it was int he gambling thread. He won’t praise any B1G team h til they actually win the championship and then he will give them their due.

Reactions: king_kong_
Haarberg was our best quarterback. We haven’t been to a bowl in 6 years and are one of the worst P5 programs in the country.

Milroe is the worst quarterback to play at Bama in at least a decade, probably closer to two decades.

Of course I bet on Michigan. Just like I’ve already bet on Washington to beat them.

The "excitement" about more money being doled out to the B1G teams means the ability to hire the best coaches and keep the facilities up to the latest standards vs. the teams not in the B1G or SEC. That's why FSU is so set on getting out of the ACC. Both coaches and facilities are important to the recruiting process.

For example, it would have been much harder for Nebraska to do things like the top notch new facility just opened, the south stadium remodeling, hiring Rhule and keeping Tony White. B1G media money helped a lot in all those things.
Sure, but it's just an arms race. Let's be honest. And adding USC and UCLA instead of Minnesota and Northwestern next year, and Purdue & Illinois the following year. In 2026, NU gets Washington & Oregon instead of teams like Minnesota & Northwestern. It will go on... That will be the experience for all teams in the two major conferences. Maybe Nebraska will be the exception and win big despite the tougher row to hoe.

Sure, but it's just an arms race. Let's be honest. And adding USC and UCLA instead of Minnesota and Northwestern next year, and Purdue & Illinois the following year. In 2026, NU gets Washington & Oregon instead of teams like Minnesota & Northwestern. It will go on... That will be the experience for all teams in the two major conferences. Maybe Nebraska will be the exception and win big despite the tougher row to hoe.
As a season ticket holder I would much rather have these Pac 12 teams coming in than Purdue or Illinois. We obviously have to get much better, but I would absolutely rather have those 4 teams on the schedule.

As a season ticket holder I would much rather have these Pac 12 teams coming in than Purdue or Illinois. We obviously have to get much better, but I would absolutely rather have those 4 teams on the schedule.
Mmmm. I like to go home happy after a win🥴

Reactions: Dean Pope
Of course it's an arms race, we have no control over that. But would you rather be able to stay in that race or fall behind like Oregon State and Washington State will be doing?

There would be nothing better than seeing a hyped up USC team get beat by our Big Red. But there's a correlation between tougher schedules and more losses-- the correlation is much stronger among programs that haven't been winning much. What this program needs more than anything is wins. Lots of them. It just seems like the goal posts keep getting moved back. And I don't find that exciting.

it seems to me larry smith started the whole conferance expansion with traitor talk from the big 12 south

1. Wanting to win 10+ games a season and a championship and at the same time also being glad that our schedule will be much more difficult from now on is contradictory.

I think people here are merely happy to not be on the outside looking in. We made a move early on and it worked to our favor. We're full partners in one of the top two conferences moving forward. This expansion would have happened no matter how you feel about it. Breath and move forward because there is no going back.
I guess there is one chance in going back and that would be a Supe Conference divided into divisions. Ifso, we win again.

Haarberg was our best quarterback. We haven’t been to a bowl in 6 years and are one of the worst P5 programs in the country.

Milroe is the worst quarterback to play at Bama in at least a decade, probably closer to two decades.

Of course I bet on Michigan. Just like I’ve already bet on Washington to beat them.
If Haarberg was our best QB then we've really sunk to a new low. Honestly, everytime the ball was snapped I cringed because he look awkward in every movement he made. There was just something off in every movement he made. Sure, there is no debating he had speed, but he never looked like a QB. Once teams started zeroing in on him, he froze.

Easier to just say money lol

Reactions: moralvictories
Mmmm. I like to go home happy after a win🥴
Yeah, we have to get better. Look at our schedules starting in 2025. Those are some fun home schedules. Games people actually want to attend.

2025 - Michigan, Iowa, USC
2026 - Washington, OSU, Tennessee
2027 - Oregon, Iowa
2028 - Penn State, UCLA

We get a Pac 12 team at home each year, rotating. Bring it.

There would be nothing better than seeing a hyped up USC team get beat by our Big Red. But there's a correlation between tougher schedules and more losses-- the correlation is much stronger among programs that haven't been winning much. What this program needs more than anything is wins. Lots of them. It just seems like the goal posts keep getting moved back. And I don't find that exciting.
We already have super easy schedules. We either get better and compete with good teams, or we flounder and it doesn't matter anyway.

Reactions: arf_man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT